Sequel: Second Heartbeat

Radiant Eclipse

O'Canada

It was around noon the next day when three out of the five members of Radiant Eclipse stumbled out of their bunks. Mateja, Jess and Corinne made their way to the front lounge, completely unaware that they had company.

"What? You girls too good to say hi to me now?!"

Their heads shot up, to see Nat and Dan the Body sitting on the couch in the front lounge. Excitedly, the girls piled onto Nat, barely giving Dan enough time to move.

"Where are the twins?"

Natalie asked, referring to Anne and Ash.

"Sleeping. They did didn't get back until just before bus call, so it'll be awhile before they get up."

Dan answered.

"What the hell did you guys do last night?!"

"Well, we can only tell you what happened to us."

Jess started.

*the previous night*

The music was blasting throughout the Les Foufs bar in Montreal,as the bodies packed inside moved to the beat and then some. It was packed with band and crew members, hockey players and regular patrons alike, as the bar entertained their regular crowd plus everyone who had flocked there after the Simple Plan and Radiant Eclipse show. Currently, Mateja and Jess were playing pool with Ryan White and James Wisnewski, Corinne was dancing with Carey Price, and Anne and Ash were drinking with Ryan O'Byrne and Mike Cammalleri.

"We should do shots!"

Ash called out, as she downed another glass of vodka and cranberry juice.

"My name is Mike and I approve this idea. "

Mike replied, before asking the bartender for a bottle of Hennessey. They each took at least five shots, before taking big gulps of water.

"OH MY GOD! I LOVE THIS SONG. LET'S DANCE!"

Ash squealed, with a giggle as "This Is What Rock And Roll Looks Like" began to play. She grabbed Mike's hand and dragged him onto the dance floor, with Ryan and Anne following suit. Both girls started to grind onto the men, eliciting groans of pleasure, and their hands to come to a rest on their hips or thighs. Mike started to kiss Ash's neck, as he pulled her as close to him as he could. She managed to turn herself around, before she returned the favour, and whispered,

"I think we should go somewhere."

Mike licked his lips, before he grabbed her hand and headed towards the restrooms. After making sure that the men's room was vacant, Mike locked the door, then pushed Ash against the vanity. He attached his lips to her neck, while he used his hands to try and get her pants off. Once successful, his fingers found their way under her panties, and he used his mouth to muffle her moans. Back in the bar, Ryan and Anne had left the dance floor, and we're making out in the corner, Mateja, Ryan, Jess, and James were dancing and Corinne and Carey were nowhere to be found. Twenty minutes later, Ash and Mike emerged from the men's room, and headed back to where Anne and Ryan were.

"We should finish the Hennessey and go get something to eat."

Said Mike, his arm not leaving Ash's waist. Everyone agreed, and took a couple more shots, finishing off the bottle then taking care of the tab. As they were about to leave, they spotted their bandmates near the bar. Mateja was discussing something with Ryan, while Jess was close enough to James that if Zacky was present, he would have flipped his lid.

"I think we should get everyone back to the bus first."

Anne announced, as she headed over to Jess. She gently grabbed her elbow and announced that it was time to go.

"But I liked him!"

Jess protested, as they headed outside to hail some cabs.

"You're already spoken for Jess."

Anne reminded her.

"But he's soooooo cute!"

Jess pouted.

"Think of Zacky."

Mateja piped up, as Mateja, Anne and Jess piled into one cab, with Ryan, Ash and Mike in the other. As soon as they got to the bus, they paid off one driver and asked the other to wait. Once they managed to key in the right code, the girls piled onto the bus and found out where Corinne and Carey had disappeared to. They both sat on the couch, their lips attached to each others. Snickering, they all headed towards the back lounge, where they left Jess and Mateja before Anne and Ash decided to change.

"Damn."

Both Ryan and Mike muttered, once they saw what the girls had changed into. Ash wore black, skin tight, leather like leggings, a black, corset top, that had chains on it, and black, high heeled, ankle boots. Anne wore black leggings, a white, flowy, top with black lace, and black, lace up, ankle wedges. They grabbed their jackets and purses, walked past Carey and Corinne, and back out to the cab. They headed out to La Banquise, and were seated shortly after they arrived. While they waited for their food to be prepared, Ryan and Mike bought the girls beers, while they talked about getting the girls tickets to a game next time they were in town.

"Or if we can't get back here soon, maybe you guys should give us a call next time the Habs are in LA."

Anne suggested.

"That works."

Both guys agreed, just as the waitress brought their orders to the table. They ate in a comfortable silence, with Mike sneaking kisses every now and again.

"Do you girls have to go back right away? "

Ryan asked, as he and Mike settled the bill.

"No. Bus call isn't until six. We have three hours still."

"I was going to suggest, if you girls are up for it, that we go back to my room at the Hyatt for a little nightcap."

"I'm down."

Ash replied, as Mike helped her into her jacket. Once they got outside, Ryan hailed a cab and they are off to the hotel. As they waited for the elevator, Ash snuggled into Mike's chest, and Anne did the same with Ryan. The door to Ryan's suite had barely been opened, before he had the mini bar opened, and was dumping the contents onto the bed.

"Is there coffee? We should make Irish coffee."

The girls stumbled over to the coffee maker to get it started, while Ryan called for more coffee and cups, and Mike went to get ice.

"If you find yourself hungry, I got stuff to make sandwiches in the fridge. And some other things."

While the coffee brewed, the girls raided the fridge and made BLT with avocado sandwiches, smoked salmon and cream cheese sandwiches, with strawberries and cream for dessert. Ash sat with Mike on the couch, while Anne sat next to Ryan on the bed. The next two and a half hours was spent eating, drinking, and talking music and hockey with some heavy making out mixed in. It only came to an end, when Anne saw that the clock was nearing bus call time.

"Do we really have to?"

Ash whined, when Anne started to pull her away from Mike.

"Yes. Unless you want to miss bus call, and have to take a coach bus to Toronto."

"We'll go down with you girls. We need to get to sleep soon, if we're going to make it to practise later."

Ryan told them, as he helped Mike off of the couch. They helped the girls into their jackets, they called the front desk to call them a cab.

"Don't be strangers okay?"

Anne said to the guys, as they reached the lobby and spotted their cab.

"Same goes to you ladies."

Mike replied, as he hugged and kissed Ash goodbye. He hugged Anne as well, as did Ryan with Ash before they helped them into the cab and saw them off.

"So... What did you and Mike get up to at Les Foufs? You two disappeared for awhile there."

Anne asked Ash, as the cab made its way through the streets of Montréal.

"What do you think?"

Ash replied, a smirk gracing her face.

"Why am I not surprised? "

Anne laughed, as their bus came into view. They tried to pay the driver, but he told them that Ryan and Mike had already paid him. They were about to stumble out of the cab, when Dan and Jason Berry appeared outside. They thanked the driver and helped the girls out of the cab and onto the bus. The girls barely managed to kick off their shoes, and take off their makeup, before they climbed into their bunks and passed out.

*************

"I'm not sure if I want to know what those two got up to. But while we're talking about Ash, what's going on with her and the gnome?"

Natalie asked.

"No clue. He keeps leading her on and stringing her along. Like one day it seems like he's warming up to her again and whatnot. Then some days it's like he wants nothing to do with her and only wants Lacey."

"So she's just enjoying herself then?"

"Oh yeah. Hey, what does everyone think about going out to eat?"

Mateja suggested. Everyone agreed, and those who weren't dressed, got dressed.

"Should we wake those two?"

"Nah. Leave them. They were pretty wasted when they got back to the bus. We'll bring them something back, and just wake them for sound check."

They all headed off the bus, and started walking, eventually ending up at a nearby Swiss Chalet. An hour and a half later, the girls, Natalie, Dan, and the Berry brothers, returned to a silent bus.

"So who wants to go wake the terror twins up?"

"I think Natalie should do it, because she hasn't had to for awhile."

Natalie reluctantly got up, and walked to the bunk area. She pulled back the curtains that remained closed.

"Close the bloody curtains will ya?"

Anne mumbled before she pulled the blanket back over her head.

"Not bloody likely."

Natalie retorted.

Anne's eyes shot open, as she turned around and looked Natalie in the face. Excitedly, Anne got out of her bunk and bear hugged her. Once satisfied, she let go and helped to wake up the deaf to the world bassist. Though still extremely tired and hung over, Ash pushed back her blanket to get down and hugged her long time friend.

"OH MY GOD. What happened to you last night!?"

Natalie screeched.

Puzzled, Ash walked to the bathroom vanity, and her jaw dropped when she realized what Natalie screamed about. There was numerous hickeys of various sizes and colours all over her neck and collarbone. Anne's eyes widened as she saw Ash's reflection and moved closer to get a better look.

"We need a picture of this!"

Anne pulled out her phone, and snapped a photo while Ash covered her face, leaving only one eye exposed.

"DID YOU SERIOUSLY JUST TWEET THAT?!"

*meanwhile in California*

"Oh my god..."

Zack mumbled, add he scrolled through and saw Anne's photo of Ash.

"What is it?"

Matt asked.

Zack pushed his phone toward his band mates, who sat around his dining room table, while they waited for Larry. Jaws dropped as they reach got a look at the photo, and Johnny's face dropped when he caught a glimpse of his ex.

“I think we should avoid showing this to Larry.”

Matt said, as he gave Zack his phone.

“What are we avoiding showing Larry?”

The guys all looked up to see Larry, who had let himself into Zack's house. He stood there and stared at them, until Zack took out his phone and showed Larry the photo. Needless to say, he wasn't very pleased to see it.

"Alright, enough of that. Shall we get on with this meeting?"

Larry tried to take the attention away from the picture, and to the matters that were on hand.

*back in Toronto*

As it was almost their turn to soundcheck, the girls gathered all their things and headed inside.

"Do you really have to wear that?"

Corinne whined to Ash, as she adjusted her Mats Sundin, Toronto Maple Leafs jersey, while they got ready to take to the stage.

"Shut up you."

"Give me one good reason why I should?"

"I didn't whine last night when you wore your Habs jersey, so shut your pie hole."

Ash rolled her eyes at the vocalist, and continued to perfect her make up for the night. Though the band had resided in Toronto for some years now, Ash was the only one to wear the jersey, as she was the only one actually from Toronto. After posing for a few group shots, to appear in the local papers, the girls headed towards the ramp to the stage.

"You girls ready?"

Dan asked them, as they waited for their walk on music to start. The girls all nodded yes, none more emphatically then Ash who had dreamt of playing the arena since it had been built. The nerves started to build once their walk on music started, and mores, once they broke from their preset huddle and headed up the ramp, much to the delight of the hometown fans.

"It feels so damned good to be home."

Ash spoke into the mic, as they finished their cover of Bon Jovi's "Livin On A Prayer", which they had decided to incorporate in their set. The sound emitted from the crowd, was deafening, which brought a few tears to the girls' eyes.

"Alright, this is our last song and it's called 'Lovers Last Rites'."

"Thank you Toronto!"

"We love you!"

Corinne, Jess and Ash yelled to the crowd, before they launched into one of their first singles. Against the wishes of Dan the Body, the Berry brothers and Natalie, Jess, Ash and Mateja dove into the crowd upon the finish of the song, and spent as much time as they could, schmoozing the crowd, and avoiding being pulled back onstage and pushed towards the back.

"We need to figure out a way to ditch the four stooges."

Mateja whisper-giggled to her bandmates, as she referred to Dan, the Berry brothers and Natalie. They had been watching the girls like hawks, trying to corral them and keep them from having fun, as Anne put it.

"I got it." Ash claimed. "Just follow my lead."

Ash packed her things, grabbed her bags, and headed towards the door. Her bandmates followed soon after, which did not go unnoticed.

"And where do you five think you're going?"

Natalie eyed them suspiciously.

"To the bus to put our stuff away. And see if there's any fans out there. We'll be right back, mom."

Ash retorted. Without another word, the girls scurried out of the room and out towards the buses. They stashed their things, grabbed jackets and wallets, and after making sure that they weren't being watched, made a run for the exit.

"HOLY FUCK, it's been forever since we did anything like this."

Mateja giggled, as the girls finally made it up to the main thoroughfare, Front Street.

"What do you want to do?"

"Get some nosh and then get completely sloshed!"

"Good Lord, you sound exactly like Ben and Danny."

Jess fake punched Ash's arm, before they started ambling down the street.

"How long do you think it'll be before they notice we're gone?"

"Who cares? I'm craving Chinese. Anyone else?"

Anne asked the group. Everyone voiced their agreement, and headed towards Spadina Avenue where they could take the streetcar up to Chinatown and their favourite Chinese restaurant. Along the walk, and on the streetcar, and met fans, and signed all the autographs and took all the pictures that were requested of them.

"Man, don't get me wrong, I love California, and jetsetting around the world, but there's just something about coming back home, that can't beat anything."

Ash mused, as they stepped off of the streetcar and ran across the street and into the restaurant.

“I know that feel. Which is why I can't wait until we get to Vancouver.”

Jess squealed to Mateja, as they sat down and the server brought them several pots of tea. The last show of the tour, was in Vancouver, BC; which happened to be Jess and Mateja's hometown. The girls spent the next two hours, laughing and talking amongst themselves, like they always had before Uproar and the last few months of their lives had ever happened. After they settled the bill, they decided to make the trek over to Bistro 422, which was around the corner from their house. The house which was currently being looked after by a couple of their friends.

“It feels so weird to be this close and to not be going there.”

Corinne said, as they passed their street and neared the bar.

"And to think about how we'll have to decide if we want to keep living there or not."

Anne added, as they entered the bar and greeted the bartender. They placed their orders, then took a seat at the only empty table, as the outside patio was closed in the winter.

"We should do a shot of something."

Mateja suggested, as she asked for five shots of JD. Once the shots were delivered, the girls each took one and waited for Mateja to say her piece.

"To this band and being the best that we can be and taking over the fucking world."

"HERE! HERE!"

They all chimed in, before they clinked glasses and downed the shots. As many locals had recognized them, the girls didn't have to pay for any of their drinks and others insisted on picking up their tabs. So, by the time Natalie, Dan The Body and the Berry brothers found them, five hours after sneaking out of the Air Canada Centre, they were all completely and utterly sloshed.

"I don't know why we didn't look here first. This should have been a given."

Natalie muttered, as the Berry's and Dan helped Mateja and Jess out of the bar and onto the bus.

"Yknow Cor, if you're gonna be a whore like me, you should be honest with Matt about it."

Anne slurred, as she rested her head on Ash's chest.

"I'm not a whore."

"Bitch please. I saw you with Jared and we all saw you with Carey."

"Can you blame me?"

"No. But I can call you out on your bullshit."

"Alright fine. I'll talk to him. But like not right now."

"No. I demand you call him right now, puta!"

Ash, Anne and Corinne all looked at each other, before they all burst out in a fit of drunken giggles.

"Please tell me you two are good now!"

Dan the body cried as he came back inside.

"Like duh! Don't get your tighty whiteys in a bunch muscle man."

Corinne said to him, as she tried to get up and instead, fell right into him. He sighed in defeat, as he put her on his back, and carried her out. Anne cried about wanting a piggy back ride, so Ash told her to hop on. But instead of getting on her back, both girls nearly fell over and flat on their faces. After being held and stood up straight by a few, less inebriated patrons, they clung to each other and were able to exit the bar and climbed into the bus. Once he said goodbye to Natalie, Dan climbed onto the bus and it finally left for the city of Winnipeg.

"I'm so bored! Why can't we go out and do something?!"

Jess whined as they sat around the dressing room at the Rogers Arena in Vancouver. It was the last day of the tour, and Dan was refusing to let them go anywhere.

"Because I am not having a repeat of Toronto."

"Do you really think we're going to go out and get completely sloshed before a show?! God Daniel! Do you not have faith in us?! We're saving that for later!"

Anne tried to admonish him.

"Besides, not only are Jess and Teja's families coming, so are the guys and Larry. We'd rather go out as one, big, happy family!"

"You're not going anywhere. I don't even care if it's just to the Dairy Queen across the street."

"Well you have to let us go. Or else!"

Corinne tried to challenge him.

"Or else what?!"

"We'll tell Larry about Edmonton!"

Dan narrowed his eyes at Ash, as he weighed the pros and cons of letting them out. After the show in Edmonton the week before, the bus had stopped to get fuel and munchies for the road, but left the rest stop, two band members short. They had left Anne and Ash behind, which led them to beg money from locals, for two bus tickets to Calgary, where the next show was. Not wanting to admit that he fucked up, Dan declined to tell Larry or the boys in Avenged what happened, and bullied everyone else into keeping it a secret.

"If you're not back in forty five minutes tops ..."

"Thanks muscle man!"

Ash beamed at him, before she grabbed her wallet and skipped out of the room. The girls indeed headed to the Dairy Queen across the street, as well as the 7/11, then back to the Arena where they were presented with Canucks jerseys for Mateja and Jess and t-shirts for Anne, Corinne and Ash. As they neared the dressing rooms, Jess looked up, screamed and took off rubbing; with Mateja following soon after. While they were gone, their families had arrived, along with Larry and Avenged Sevenfold.

"Hey."

"Hey."

Ash and Johnny awkwardly greeted each other, before Ash went to work, cutting up her Canucks shirt to her liking. While everyone mingled and milked around backstage, Corinne pulled Matt aside to finally tell him about everything that happened with Jared and Carey.

"Ugh. I need to get laid tonight. Are there any hot hockey players in town tonight?"

Ash whispered to Anne.

"Not sure. I'm fairly sure that the Canucks are in town though. Your Leafs are here tomorrow ."

Ash half pouted and half smiled, then went back to picking out what shoes she would wear that night; and what she would wear out to the club after. As an end of tour treat, everyone was going out to popular Vancouver hotspot, The Roxy.

"Are we still playing that new song?"

Jess whispered, as they waited to take the stage later that evening. With smirks on their faces, Anne and Ash nodded yes, as they gathered in the last preset huddle of the tour. They took to the stage to much fanfare, and tore right into "This Is What Rock And Roll Looks Like" with Vancouver rapper Madchild, doing Tinie Tempah's verse. Once it came time to perform the song Ash and Anne wrote, titled "I Want To Fuck You To Death", the drummer and bassist could barely contain their giggles.

"Do I want to know?"

Larry asked Dan the body. Dan just shook his head no, and avoided Larry's gaze.

"This is a new song, that was written on the road, then recorded in the back of Simple Plan's tour bus. If anyone is taping this to later post on YouTube, I just want to assure my mother that I was not responsible for this. I was just forced to go along."

Corinne told the crowd. Larry, Matt, Brian, Jimmy, Zack and Johnny all looked at each other, eyebrows raised, while Dan and the Berry brothers looked anywhere but at them.

"Hey." Mateja said, as she walked up to Jess' mic. "I also want to dedicate this to Jimmy. Just sayin."

Mateja gave him the thumbs up, then waited to start the song. As the girls started to play the song, and the guys were able to comprehend the song lyrics and title, jaws were dropped all around the stage. The girls decided to finish with their cover of "Unholy Confessions", in which they were joined onstage by Avenged Sevenfold. This time, only Anne and Ash stage dove, and spent about half the song in the crowd; moshing and crowd surfing. As confetti cannons covered the crowd, the girls threw out picks, sticks, set lists, bottles of water, and whatever they could before finally retreating to their dressing room. Anne and Ash rushed to get into the showers, but just as they reached the stalls, Larry yelled for them to come back out.

"I want to fuck you to death?! REALLY?! What do you two have to say for yourselves?!"

"Sorry not sorry?"

Ash managed to get out, through a fit of giggles, as Anne pulled her back into the showers. Larry rubbed his temples, as he watched the door in shock and turned back to interrogate Dan, on everything that happened on the tour. After pelting Simple Plan with rolls of streamers during their last song, the girls went back to getting ready for their night at the Roxy.

Ash and Anne dressed in near matching outfits; blue, strapless, bodycon dresses with red platform heels. Corinne wore a black bodycon dress, with gold accents on the chest and around the neck, with gold, caged, snakeskin heels. Jess wore a black, bodycon dress with a collar and open chest plate; and a pair of caged, black, platforms that Zacky had gifted her with. Finally, Mateja wore a light green, fitted shift dress, with sparkly, silver heels. They took a group tour photo, then one with everyone that was heading to the Roxy, before they boarded the buses that would take them there.

"OHMYGODASH!"

Anne whispered harshly into Ash's ear, as the bus pulled up, outside of the club.

"What?!"

"Pretty sure I just saw Mike Komisarek walk into the club!"

Ash looked like she had just won the lottery, and was one of the first to stand. As soon as they were all inside, they ignored Larry's pleas to stay together, and went their separate ways. Ash made a beeline for the VIP area, where all the hockey players were gathered, and charmed the bouncer into letting her in. She headed straight for the bar, where it wasn't long before Toronto Maple Leafs defenseman, Mike Komisarek approached her. After a few drinks, Ginuwine's "Pony" started to play and everyone was out on the dancefloor. Johnny had managed to find a girl to attach himself to, and Mike and Ash looked like they were about to go at it in front of everyone.

"Well, well, who do we have here?"

Jimmy stumbled over his words, as Ash led Mike out of VIP and over to where everyone else was settled.

"Mike Komisarek. He plays for the Leafs."

After he greeted everyone, another round of shots was delivered to their tables, and they were downed, before the deejay started to play "This Is What Rock And Roll Looks Like". They all headed back out onto the dancefloor, and after a few more rounds of shots, headed to the penthouse that had been rented for an after-after party. Jimmy and Mateja, as well as Corinne and Matt immediately headed for the privacy of a bedroom, while Ash, Mike, Anne, Brian, Zacky and Jess stayed up to drink some more.

"I should probably get back to the hotel. Before coach realizes I'm not there."

Mike murmured to Ash, as Anne & Brian, then Zacky and Jess, decided to get their rooms.

"Can't you wait a little longer?"

Ash pouted.

"Only if you make it worth my while."

He smirked at her. Ash raised her eyebrow at him, before she ran her hand down his chest, rested it on his crotch, and told him she'd be in the sunroom if he wanted to follow. She had barely set foot in the room, before Mike came up behind her, made sure the door was locked, and pulled all the curtains closed. Everyone spent the rest of the night celebrating quite the successful tour.
♠ ♠ ♠
JSYK, "I Want To Fuck You To Death" belongs to Huntress. Not me.