Sequel: Second Heartbeat

Radiant Eclipse

Love at first sight?

“Which tour stop are we at now?”

David Draiman of Disturbed asked, as Stone Sour’s Corey Taylor reached for the box of tapes.

“Toronto, Canada.”

Corey handed off the first tape to A7X’s Johnny Christ who was closest to the TV. They dimmed the lights, and sat back with cold beers and open minds.

2.5 hours later …

“Seriously, can any of these bands do something other than sit there and talk for half an hour?!” Corey grumbled, as the lights went back on.

In the time since they started watching tapes, every one of them consisted of the bands just sitting there and saying you should pick us because and nothing else.

“Look at the bright side C, there’s only one tape left.” M Shadows said, as he tossed the last tape to Johnny. The lights dimmed again, and their moods lightened once the video started.

“Patience children, don’t get your panties in a bunch, I’m here.”

Smiles filled the room, as five very attractive girls filled the screen, and they all laughed watching the girls bicker with each other, unaware the tape had already started to roll.

“I like them already, and not just because they’re girls.” Corey said, as Jess said that they wouldn’t spend the whole time talking. “Can’t lie though, they’re hot and they seem pretty humble.” The footage of their fans and concerts filled the screen, and all the guys made themselves even more comfortable.

“DUDE! ARE THEY COVERING PARADISE CITY?!”

Matt asked, nearly choking on his beer as the opening strains of the Guns N Roses classic filtered through the speakers. From that point on, everyone in the room watched the remainder of the video, jaws dropped in shock and awe. Once the video had come to an end, even though no words were spoken, it was pretty clear which band they were going to choose to play the Toronto date of the Uproar Festival.

“Dude …. Paradise City … fucking amazing.”

“I don’t know about the others, but I vote you guys to tell the girls they won.” Corey said, rising from his seat, in the direction of the Avenged Sevenfold members.

“I second that motion. Now if you can excuse me, I have some important phone calls to make.” Replied David Draiman, as he got up and left the room.

“Yo Z, turn the laptop on, I want to check out the girls’ website.” All five members of Avenged Sevenfold gathered around the computer, to check out the band they’d be sharing a stage with just over a week’s time.

“Hey, we’re number one on their MySpace friends.”

“That’s one’s wearing a VU shirt.”

“That’s a Syn Gates one.”

“Dude, Johnny, this one chick has your deathbat as a chest plate.”

“She’s hot.”

“Dude, they’re all hot.”

Those were just some of the comments that could be heard being said, as the Avenged members checked out the Radiant Eclipse MySpace page.

“Hey look, they’re playing a show the night before the Toronto date, and we have that night off. Why don’t we go into Toronto early and surprise them at the show?”

Johnny suggested, as he caught a look at their tour dates.

“That’s actually a good idea. Everyone agree? Good, let’s go tell whoever needs to know and make the plans. The girls are going to freak out, but I think this is going to be a good surprise. They won’t know what hit them.”