Sequel: Second Heartbeat

Radiant Eclipse

Swimming With Dolphins ... And a Happy New Year.

“So, what's on the agenda for today?”

Johnny mumbled, as everyone stumbled out of their rooms around one thirty the following afternoon.

“First things first, food. Then relax, swimming with dolphins, and more relaxing.”

“Who the HELL chose swimming with dolphins?!”

Brian asked aloud.

“WE DID!”

Was the simultaneous response, from all of the girls and Jimmy.

“WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU EXCITED?!”

Brian quizzed his best friend.

“Because dolphins, that's why Junior!”

Jimmy fake scoffed at Brain, before they entered into the nearby cantina for a late lunch. After they finished eating, they went sightseeing along the coast, taking tons of photos, and drawing stares, before heading back to the villa to get ready for their swim. Since there was ten of them, they were in a group of their own.

“We are sure that he's a dude right?”

Zack asked Matt, Johnny and Brian, as Jimmy looked just as, or even more excited than the girls, as they listened to the dolphin handlers. Once the dolphins were let into the tank, the girls squealed, as they were surrounded and the dolphins swam up to inspect their company and play around with them. And as much as they had acted indifferently, the rest of Avenged ended up enjoying their activity, and were the ones that asked, what it would take to keep a dolphin as a pet. After taking so many photos, that they all ran out of space on their memory cards, they all left the dolphin sanctuary, and headed back to the villa for showers and to figure out what to do next. Each couple ended up going their separate ways, for some quality time alone.

“See something you like pretty lady?”

Zack asked Jess, as they happened upon the same jewellery store that Brian, Johnny, Ash and Anne had visited.

“Yeah. Everything.”

Jess pouted.

“Go pick something out.”

“REALLY?!”

“Yeah, really. Now go before I change my mind.”

Zack urged her. Jess squealed in excitement, and spent a good time at each display case. Eventually, she setllted on a simple pair of ruby earrings, in a platinum setting, and was even more excited, when the owner said that she could wear them out of the store.

“I thought we came here to get away from this?”

Mateja asked Jimmy.

“We did. But you can't tell me, that you are not having fun right now!”

As they walked the streets of Cabo, Jimmy and Mateja happened upon some street performers and ended up playing guitar and bongos with them.

“You're right. Seriously, let's just move here. Permanently.”

“I wish, my lady. I wish.”

After an impromptu performance of “Oye Como Va”, Mateja and Jimmy took pictures with everyone, then went on their way.

“It's so pretty out here.”

Corinne cooed, as she and Matt, sat on the boardwalk, and watched the sunset over the horizon.

“I think you're prettier.”

Matt flashed a dimpled smile at Corinne, which caused the vocalist's face to turn a dark shade of pink.

“I'm just stating a fact.”

She lifted her head, and kissed his cheek, before she snuggled into his shoulder.

“I don't know if I can eat anymore!”

Brian moaned, as he finally put his fork and knife down. On their walk, Brian and Anne came across a little mom and pop cantina, and decided to give it a try. They spent the next hour and a half, trying a little bit of everything, including the owner's homemade tequila. After they were recognized the the man's nephew, they graciously took a photo with him, and one for the wall of the restaurant.

“And where do you think you're going?”

Brian asked Anne, as he clutched the bottle of tequila, which the owner had insisted on giving them.

“For a walk. And to get my feet wet. Come on!”

He followed Anne, and carried his shoes and hers, as they walked along the beach.

"So what do you say to going straight to our room when we get back? What can try out that new massage oil we got! "
Anne giggled, as Brian wiggled his eyebrows at her, before she quietly agreed to his suggestion.

"I could stay like this forever."

Ash sighed, as she lay with Johnny, in the hammock, on the villas beach.

"Me too babe, me too."

They lay in a comfortable silence, until Ash pondered getting a new tattoo.

"Is the anything you want?"

"Will I have to use the certificate you gave me for Christmas?"

"Nope. This one's on me."

Johnny paused to think, before he started to describe something that he wanted to add to his horror movie themed sleeve. The next two days passed quickly, and next thing they knew, they were all at the resort's New Year's Eve bash, watching a band of locals play traditional Mexican folk songs. By now, they knew that Avenged Sevenfold and Radiant Eclipse were staying there, and took it to their advantage. They also decided to target Brian, who had had the most to drink, and was trying to heckle the guitarist. That's when the man, who had just messed up an easy riff, invited Brian onstage to prove that he could do better.

"This guy doesn't know what he just got himself into."

Johnny laughed, as Brian adjusted the strap on the guitar to his liking, and strummed a few chords to get warmed up. What followed next, was not new to either band, but blew the minds of the resort staff, and the rest of it's guests. Effortlessly and drunkenly, Brian busted out a medley of his solos from various Avenged songs. And just to be a little shit, he finished off with the Star Spangled Banner.

"Show off."

Zack feigned being upset, before everyone busted out laughing. As they ate dinner and had a couple more drinks, several people came up to them wanting pictures and autographs. It wasn't long before everyone found themselves looking out over the water, a glass of champagne in hand. As it neared midnight, the fireworks started to flare up. Each couple snuggled into each other, awaiting the start of a new year.

"10 ... 9 ... 8 ... 7 ... 6 ... 5 ... 4 ... 3 ... 2 ... 1 ... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! "

Everyone screamed as the clock hit zero, and the fireworks went off. Each Avenged member lowered their lips to those of their respective girlfriends. It was Johnny who decided to bite the bullet, and say something that had been on his mind since Vegas.

"I love you."

Ash's eyes widened, before a cheesy smile graced her face,and she pressed her lips to his.

"I love you too."

They were soon joined by the rest of their bands, where they clinked glasses and downed the rest of their drinks. Another hour was spent mingling, before they all slipped off their shoes, and walked down the beach back to their villa.

"It really is a shame that we have to leave all of this."

Matt mused, as they all sat around the pool.

"We should do this every year, if we can."

Ash replied, from her spot on the hammock.

"I second that."

Brian added, as he tangled his fingers in Anne's hair. They sat around for a few minutes longer, until deciding to head up to bed, so they could enjoy their last day in Cabo. As they woke up later in the day, each couple set out for one last fun filled day in the sun. Zack, Jess, Corinne, and Matt went zip lining; Anne, Brian, Jimmy, and Mateja went ATVing, while Ash and Johnny chose to just explore the city.

"Do we really have to go back?"

Ash asked Johnny, as they laid in the hammock, after spending the whole day on their feet.

"Yeah. You girls have to get back into the studio. I think that Larry wants to finish your album before we tour again."

Johnny started to run his fingers though Ash's hair, and in no time, she was asleep on his shoulder. Not wanting to wake her, Johnny closed his eyes and was asleep not long after.

"Awesome, look! They're so cute!"

Ash could hear Brian, as the others returned from their day out. Biting her lip, Ash kept her eyes closed, so they'd think that she was still sleeping.

"What would happen if we threw them into the pool?"

Ash's eyes shot open, when she heard Jimmy's voice, followed by her bandmates and Matt yelling at Brian and Jimmy.

"Can we throw water on them to wake them up?"

"No."

Startled by the fact that Ash was awake, both Brian and Jimmy screamed, and stumbled into the pool. They ended up helping themselves out, as everyone was too busy laughing at them to do anything. Once they and everyone else showered, they dressed and went out for one last night on the town.