Sequel: Second Heartbeat

Radiant Eclipse

Back To The Grind

"WHAT THE FUCK?!”

The guys in Avenged, along with Corinne and Anne laughed, as they heard the screams come from Ash’s bedroom. They had all met at Zacky’s house to discuss the rest of the recording process for Radiant Eclipse’s major label debut. Ash and Jess, were still asleep when everyone got there, because they had stayed up late into the night, jamming new material that they had written. Everyone nominated Mateja to wake them up, so she responded by running into the room and jumping onto the bed and on top of them. Mateja ran out of the room, laughing, and dodging the book that Ash had thrown at her. Jess trudged out of the room and curled up in Zack’s lap, as Ash found a spot on the couch. Larry soon arrived, and they began.

“How attached are you girls to ‘Remembering Sunday’?”

“Why?”

“Label doesn’t think it fits the album. They don’t want to include it.”

“Can we release it as a b-side or something later?”

Ash asked.

“Don’t see why not. Do you have anymore material? Label is pushing for 4-5 more songs.”

“Well, I know Ash and Jess were jamming a few things last night.”

Zack piped in, while Jess and Ash nodded their heads in agreement.

“So, if we get back to the studio on Sunday, then you girls should be good to go? And to finish recording?”

“Should be.”

“Great, I will let them know. Now, just a reminder for everyone. Girls, you have the video shoot tomorrow. Guys, you have two photo shoots, and a whole bunch of interviews. Any questions?”

When everyone shook their heads no, Larry bid them goodbye and left. And after a quick breakfast, the girls grabbed their gear and retreated into Zack’s basement studio.

“What do you two have?”

Corinne asked, as she reached for Ash’s lyric book.

“Some things we call ‘Mz Hyde’, ‘Love Bites (And So Do I), and ‘Rock Show’. Have a look; see if you want to add something. What do you have?”

Jess asked, as she strummed a few chords.

“Yeah, but it’s not quite done. Was hoping that Ash would take a look.”

“Gimme.”

Ash replied. as she held her hand out for Corinne’s notebook. After Ash and Corinne spent the next hour and a half going over lyrics, and the other girls the music, they finally started to jam the new material as a full band. And before they knew it, five and a half hours had passed, and they had yet to eat lunch or take a real break.

“Whatever that was, it sounded awesome.”

Matt commented, as the guys entered the studio.

“Can we hear more? Before we take you girls out for dinner?”

The girls agreed, and decided to do a complete run through of “Rock Show”. After garnering positive reviews, the girls decided to call it a day and to go get ready for dinner. Wondering where he was, Ash texted Johnny as she washed up and got changed. As they were outvoted by the girls, the guys reluctantly drove them all to a nearby sushi restaurant, though they had been hoping to go for burgers and fries.

“Hey tiny lady! Where’s the gnome?”

Brian asked Ash, as he grabbed the last piece of salmon sashimi, much to Anne’s dismay.

“I’m assuming, still spending time with his family. Little shit hasn’t texted me back.”

Ash popped a spicy salmon roll into her mouth, then reached for another. Still tired from their Mexican escapades, everyone headed home after dinner, to relax and get ready for the busy day they had ahead of them. Frowning at her phone, as she had yet to hear back from him, Ash texted Johnny once more before she put her phone down and fell asleep, while she scratched Majesety behind the ear. It was nearly two thirty, when Ash’s phone started to ring off the hook.

“You better have a good reason for waking me up, Jonathan.”

Ash snarled into the phone, after seeing Johnny’s number on the display.

“What? I can’t call to talk to my girlfriend?”

“It’s two thirty in the morning! And you know we have the video shoot later.”

“I know, I’m sorry. But can you come open the door?”

“Open the — where are you?!”

“Walking up to Z’s front door.”

Ash ended the call, and forced herself out of bed. She greeted Johnny with a hug and yawn, and headed straight back to bed. After stripping down to his boxers, Johnny forced Maj onto the floor, and climbed in next to Ash.

“When do you go back into the studio? You have any nights free?”

Johnny asked, as he pulled the blanket over the two of them.

“We go back Sunday. Tomorrow’s the video shoot, so that’s out of the question. Any night after that, well, it depends on when we finish writing. We have two songs that we’re not done yet.”

Ash turned around and snuggled into Johnny’s chest, before she closed her eyes and tried to get back to sleep. He watched her for a few minutes, before he closed his eyes and slowly drifted off. It was an early wake up call later that morning, as the girls prepared to shoot their first video. They made sure that they would have everything they needed, then Ash and Jess kissed Johnny and Zack goodbye. Throwing their bags into the back, they climbed into the waiting van, that held the rest of their band and were off.

“Do the guys know what’s going to happen in the video?”

Dan the Body asked, as he navigated his way through the streets of Huntington Beach. The girls shook their heads no, and quietly sipped their Starbucks.

“Nope. But I’m fairly sure that they’re going to lose it once they see it.”

Ash snorted into her drink, which caused her bandmates to bust out giggling. Since it was for “This Is What Rock And Roll Looks Like”, they decided to make it like the typical rock video, full of sex, drugs, and debauchery. But instead of objectifying women, the girls would objectify men. The girls were mostly quiet for the rest of the drive up to Hollywood, except to laugh at Dan when he complained that the guys would kill him for “letting this video happen”.

"So, who's got who again?"

"Cor's got Johnny 3 Tears in the hot tub, and I'm smoking up with Mike Fuentes. Ash is drinking with Austin Carlile, Teja is all over Padge and you have Mr. Mabbitt in the shower."

Anne told Jess, as Dan pretended to not hear a word. As soon as they pulled up to the studio, famed Canadian video director, Little X, waited outside for them.

"Ladies! Great to see you again. Now, first things first, will there be any boyfriends present during filming?"

"Nope. Their schedule for today is conveniently filled with photo shoots and interviews."

The girls laughed and followed X inside the building, as he muttered something about not wanting to get beat up. They went straight into hair and make up where the guys were waiting for them. Once they were ready, and after a quick snack, they decided to film the performance part of the video first. As Dan and the video assistants got everything set up, make up and wardrobe fussed over every little bit of the girls' appearance. While they all wore matching, spiked, black and white converse, and had matching make up, their outfits were slightly different. Each girl had leather bottoms, shorts for everyone except for Corinne who wore pants, and a tank top for everyone except Ash, who wore a bandeau top and a spiked leather vest. An hour and a half later, and X decided to call a break, so they could look over the footage and have lunch.

"So, you girls ready for this?"

George Ragan aka Johnny 3 Tears, asked as he helped himself to a chicken wing.

"Do the guys know anything about this video?"

Padge added.

"Nope. They probably won't be too happy about it. I guess we'll have to cross that bridge once we get to it."

After lunch, X decided that they should start shooting the girls' individual scenes.

"We'll go back to the performance part when Tinie gets here."

He told them, as they headed back into hair, makeup and wardrobe. As their scenes were in a hot tub and a shower, Corinne and Jess were clad in robes and minimal makeup. Ash wore a slouchy beanie, tank dress and sneakers; Anne a short, spaghetti strapped romper, and Louboutin heels. Lastly, Mateja wore ripped, skinny jeans, peach coloured heels, and a flowy tank top.

"Shads is going to be so pissed."

The girls giggled to each other, as Corinne got settled into the hot tub and George followed.

"Not just Shads. All of them. We're going to have some a

ngry Americans to placate once this video hits the air."

Jess giggled, as X yelled action. The music started to blare throughout the building, as George started to hang all over Corinne. Wolf whistles echoed throughout the studio, as George started to suck on her neck, while she mumbled something about getting the show started. Half an hour in the hot tub, and Corinne and George were done. Ash and Austin were up next.

"Johnny is going to be so pissed!"

Ash giggled, as they got set up at a bar with shot glasses and several bottles of whiskey. X went over some notes with them about the scene, including the possibility of Ash doing body shots off of Austin, before stepping back behind the camera. As the single started up once more, Austin started hanging all over Ash, pouring the whiskey directly into her mouth. Their scene ended with Austin laying across the table; Ash pouring the whiskey from his collarbone down to his belly button, and licking it all up.

"Looks like we're up next mamacita."

Mike told Anne, as he took her hand and led her over to the corner table, they were to sit at. As soon as he sat down, he pulled a few joints out of his pocket, and set them down on the table. When X yelled action, Mike lit up a joint and took a few drags, before handing it off to Anne. She moved to straddle his lap, before she started to shotgun smoke into Mike's mouth. A couple takes later, and Anne and Mike's scene ended with Anne biting down on his bottom lip and pulling away.

"You sure you okay with this, m'lady?"

Padge asked Mateja, as they each downed a shot of whiskey.

"Yeah. I got this."

She smiled back at him, before taking another shot and handing the bottle back to Ash. Padge stood with his back to the bed, Mateja in front of him; waiting for X to call action. Once he did, and their single pealed through the studio for what seemed like the hundredth time that day. Mateja ran her tongue up the side of Padge's next, before she pushed off his beanie and pulled his tshirt off, throwing it somewhere behind her. She pushed him onto the bed, climbing on top of him, and nipping along his collarbone. Padge ran his hands up her sides and top, before Mateja pulled them away, holding them above his head, and biting down on his neck.

After a short break, it was time for Jess to start filming her scene with Craig so they could shoot a performance piece with Tinie.

"You alright there?"

Craig asked Jess, who seemed not to hear him.

"Heeeeeyyyyyyy!!!!!"

Craig was interrupted by Anne and Ash, who still had buzzes going on.

"Why do you feel clammy?"

Ash asked Jess, who sat there, nervously playing with the ties of her robe.

"OHMYGOD YOU'RE NERVOUS ABOUT THIS!"

"Scream it to the whole world why don't you?!"

Jess hissed to Anne, as she tried to concentrate on the task ahead.

"I just can't believe you of all people are nervous about this? What happened to my OG partner in crime dammit?!"

Ash hissed back to Jess, before she took another swig of Crown. Jess turned to glare at her, before she grabbed the bottle and took a swig. She pushed the bottle back into Ash's hands before she stood and stalked towards the bathroom set up. Her and Craig took instruction from X, while Ash, Anne, Corinne and Mateja giggled behind them. It took X threatening to kick them off the set of their own video, to quiet down and let them continue. As the music started up yet again, Craig dropped his towel, and Jess her robe, before she pushed him into the walk in shower, and pulled the curtain shut behind her. After getting a couple shots of them in the shower, water running, before he called it a day on the individual scenes.

"Alright, we'll take another break, then you girls need to get back in your performance outfits, and we'll finish this."

X nodded at them, before he turned to take a phone call. After another hour in hair, makeup and wardrobe, the girls sat around with the guys and Tinie eating, when Larry walked into the building.

"I thought you were watching the boys?"

Ash asked him.

"Was. Told them my mom wanted me for something. You girls almost done here?"

"Almost. Just have to shoot some shit with Tinie and we're done here."

"Can we watch a rough cut after?"

"Of course man."

X cut in, as he came to let everyone know that they were ready to shoot the last scenes. Another two and a half hours later, and they were finally done. The crew took celebratory shots of Crown Royal, before X told them to give him half an hour to throw together a rough cut. It turned out to be another hour before X called them over to the video screens. A brief disclaimer flashed before the footage started, warning the viewers about the content and background of the video, and Larry's face blanched.

"Everything alright there bossman?"

Jess giggled.

"FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ALL I AM ASKING IS THAT WE DON'T SEE NIPPLES!"

"Are Austin's nipples okay?"

Ash asked.

"George's? Craig's? Padges? Possibly Corinne and Jess'?"

Larry said nothing to Mateja, as he sank down into the closest chair. Larry's face turned as white as the crayon, as he watched the rough cut that had been thrown together. He nearly fell out of the chair when it came to Jess' scenes.

"So, what do you think?"

"That the guys are going to find a way to kill me and bring me back to life, so that they all could have a turn at me."

"You and me both."

Dan muttered, from where he stood next to Larry.

"I do have one request though."

"And that is ..."

"Can we please edit Jessica's rear end out of this? I don't know of any good excuses that would get Zack off of murder charges."

Once X assured Larry that he would make that change, they all bid the director goodbye. After a brief stop at IHOP for dinner, the girls and Dan piled into the van for the drive back to Huntington Beach. It wasn't long before Dan only had himself to, as the girls had passed out after a long, eventful day.