Sequel: Second Heartbeat

Radiant Eclipse

SURPRISE!

The girls of Radiant Eclipse tried to put the Uproar contest out of their minds, as they got ready for their show that night. It was now the day before the Toronto stop of Uproar, and they still had yet to hear if they had won or not, so naturally they assumed that they were not chosen. They were bummed, but they kept telling themselves, at least they tried. Little did they know, with the help of those who owned the El Mocambo, the boys of Avenged Sevenfold were sneaking into the bar to watch them. They purposely held off on telling them they had won the contest, hands down, so they could surprise them that night. The guys made themselves comfortable at the bar, in a spot where it would be hard for the girls to see them outright.

After both opening acts and performed, the girls appeared onstage so they could set up their gear.

“We should get Matt, Jason, and Dan to help them set up tomorrow.” Matt commented, as they watched Ash and Anne-Marie carry, and set up the kick drum onstage.

“I don’t know why the guys from the opening acts don’t help them though.” Brian replied, as he downed the rest of his beer.

“Hey Johnny, that chick with your death bat as a chest plate, plays bass too!” The guys laughed at Johnny, as he stood there looking like a kid in a candy store. They watched as the girls finished setting up, and they smiled when Ash starting playing the opening notes to “Welcome to the Family”.

The girls obliged a few autographs, then walked off the stage to their customary, pre show huddle. The lights dimmed, and the crowd started to scream, as the opening notes to one of their earliest hits, “Woke Up Screaming” started to play. The guys had to fight the urge to start singing along, at the top of their lungs, when the girls launched into the song that gave them their name “Radiant Eclipse”. They even, nearly creamed their pants, when they launched into a cover of “The Art of Subconscious Illusion.”

“I wonder what they’re doing now.” Matt whispered, as Ash and Corinne swapped bass and microphone. Ash climbed on top of the amp, made eye contact with the guys, and smiled.

“I think the surprise has been spoiled.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I do not own any of the songs that are named in this story. They belong to all their respective artists. Lannen Fall, Avenged Sevenfold, Hawthorne Heights, Papa Roach, and Guns N' Roses.