Sequel: Second Heartbeat

Radiant Eclipse

Scars

Ash froze for a second, as she mentally swore that she just made eye contact with The Rev and M Shadows. She blinked herself back to reality, and hoped that no one noticed her spacing out.

“First off, whether you’ve seen us before, or this is your first time, we would like to thank you for coming, you are in for something special tonight. If you don’t already know, the last two and a half years were very trying times for the band, especially myself. We thank you for all the love and support, and for standing by us. And I just want to say, no matter what, keep those you love close to you, whether they’re friends, family or lovers. If they have a problem, drugs, alcohol, mental or otherwise, don’t you ever give up on them. Do whatever you can to help, and have faith that the storm will subside and that everything and everyone will be okay. This is a song by a band called Papa Roach, and it’s called ‘Scars’.”

I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut/My weakness is that I care too much/And my scars remind me that the past is real/I tear my heart open just to feel

March 2008

Ashley Enriquez sat nervously upon the examination table, waiting for the doctor to get back. She had been waiting to see if the two pregnancy tests she took, were telling the truth and not giving her false positives. She had always wanted children, but once Reilly started down the road he was on, she had come to the conclusion, and she didn’t want any with him. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, the doctor reentered the room, results in hand.

“Well, Miss Enriquez, it looks like a congratulations is in order. You are pregnant.”

Drunk and I'm feeling down/And I just wanna be alone/I'm pissed cause you came around/Why don't you just go home/Cause you channel all your pain/And I can't help you fix yourself/You're making me insane/All I can say is

[Chorus:]I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut/My weakness is that I care too much/And our scars remind us that the past is real/I tear my heart open just to feel

As the song progressed, all Ash could think of was her ex-boyfriend, Reilly, who was the reason she was singing this song. They had been together for years, even before Radiant Eclipse was found. However, over the years they had grown apart, and he had fallen in with a bad crowd. The kind of crowd that soon, had him not only using hard drugs, such as cocaine, heroin, and meth but also dealing said drugs as well. Ash stood by him, during the times he was busted, and thrown into jail, but the stress had started to wear on her, more so once she found out she was pregnant.

I tried to help you once/Against my own advice/I saw you going down/But you never realized/That you're drowning in the water/So I offered you my hand/Compassions in my nature/Tonight is our last stand

June 2009

Ash sat in the rocking chair, slowly rocking back and forth, as to not wake up her daughter, Dylan. Slowly, she put her down in the crib, and quietly left the room. She came to the living room, and sighed as Dylan’s father, her ex Reilly, was slowly waking up. He had come over in the middle of the night, high as a kite, on God only knew what. Ash sat next to him on the couch, but shied away when he tried to put his arm around her.

[Chorus]/I'm drunk and I'm feeling down/And I just wanna be alone/You shouldn't ever come around/Why don't you just go home?/Cause you're drowning in the water/And I tried to grab your hand/And I left my heart open/But you didn't understand/But you didn't understand/Go fix yourself

“What’s wrong? You used to love it when I touched you in any way. Why are you such a bitch nowadays?”

“Well, that was then Reilly, this is now. And I’m not a bitch, I’m a mother trying to do what’s best for my child, and what’s best is you leaving right now.”

“You can’t keep my daughter from me!”

“Firstly, keep your voice down. Second, I’m not even going to try that and you know it. It’s just I can’t have her around you, when you’re all fucked up like this, high on God knows what. Just leave and call me, once you’ve fixed yourself up some, eh?”

I can't help you fix yourself/But at least I can say I tried/I'm sorry but I gotta move on with my own life/I can't help you fix yourself/But at least I can say I tried/I'm sorry but I gotta move on with my own life/[Chorus x2]

Two weeks after that day and against her better judgment, Ash let Reilly take their daughter up to his mom’s house in Orillia. Well at least that’s what he told her, when in reality he went to go visit his new manufacturers. While sampling the new product, the drug lab was raided, and he tried to make a getaway in his car, Dylan sleeping in the backseat. He crashed the car into a gas pump, killing himself and Dylan instantly.

Ash sang the closing notes of the song, mouthed a quick thank you, and almost immediately walked off of the stage.
♠ ♠ ♠
"Scars" belongs to Papa Roach. I own nothing, but Ashley.