Sequel: Second Heartbeat

Radiant Eclipse

One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer

One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer

“Ok, so everything is packed up yeah? Whose turn is it to help Nat with merch and who’s getting the van?”

Ash asked, as she made sure that they hadn’t left any gear behind.

“Your turn for merch, and technically Jess’ turn to get the van, but I don’t think she should do it.”

Mateja replied, taking the van keys out of her pocket.

“Why not?”
“Even though you’ve only had one beer, you know how the cops are. Always lurking around after our shows, looking for any excuse to make a bust.”
“Are you telling us, that you girls are known to police?”

Jimmy asked.

“Ash and Jess are known to police, we’re just guilty by association.”

Jimmy went and stood between Ash & Jess, wrapped his arms around their shoulders and said something about this being the beginning of a beautiful friendship. He even pretended to wipe away fake tears. Jason Berry grabbed the keys from Mateja, and offered to go get the van, as long as Jess showed him where it was. And sure enough, the cops were waiting outside the venue, as Jason and Jess exited, so Jess took the keys from Jason and made quite the big show out of handing them to him.

“Alright, I should probably go help Nat with merch.”
“I was wondering when you were coming.”

Everyone turned around to see Nat walking towards them. She was wearing stiletto boots, so she towered over Ash more than usual.

“Oh yeah, guys this is Natalie, our merch wench/band manager/jack of all trades. Nat, this Matt, Zacky, Johnny, Jimmy, Brian, Matt Berry and Dan the Body.”

Ash purposely left Dan to last, because they all knew Nat had the biggest crush on him. All girls snickered as Nat held onto Dan’s hand longer than everybody else’s. The brief silence was broken by the appearance of a petite blonde.

“Oh yeah everyone, this is Amber. She’s from Seattle, and she has actually been helping me with merch all night.”

Once Jason and Jess got back with the van and trailer, Jason, Matt and Dan, got to work loading it up, while the girls cleared out the dressing room. They threw all their bags into the van, and while Nat, Amber, Matt and Dan took it back to the house, everyone else decided to walk the short distance to the Radiant Eclipse household.

“These streets aren’t very well lit are they?”

Matt asked, as they turned onto Borden Street, the street the girls lived on.

“Nope. That’s we don’t particularly like this part of town, but at the same time we love it, if that even makes any sense. Plus, it’s affordable so we really can’t complain.”

Corinne replied, pulling her hoodie sleeves down.

“Understandable. So what are your plans for the rest of the night?”
“Usually, we come home, and store the gear first. Then we have a couple shots, and walk to the little dive bar around the corner. Welcome to our humble abode.”

Natalie called out from the porch of the house.

“This may be a dumb question, but why are there two doors after we walk through the front door?”
“That’s because, even though it looks like a house, it’s actually two apartments inside. Each has two bedrooms, a living room, kitchen and bathroom. If you want to chill, go downstairs. We turned the living room on the top floor, into a bedroom that Anne-Marie and Corinne share. Mateja and I are also upstairs, while Ash and Jess live downstairs. We’re all heading downstairs because that’s where all the booze is.”

They all walked into Jess and Ash’s apartment, and headed straight for the kitchen. While everyone crammed themselves into the tiny space, Ash raided their liquor cabinet. Alright, we have JD, Jim Beam, Glenfiddich, and Chivas Regal. Pick your poison kids.”
“Why don’t we al just have a shot of each?”

Amber asked aloud.

“I like you already. Let’s do it!”

Matt Berry replied, throwing his arm around her. Ash passed the shot glasses around, beginning yet another night of drunken debauchery.
♠ ♠ ♠
Since Shads and Matt Berry are both in the story, after this chapter Shads will be referred to as Shads (as opposed to Matt) and Matt Berry as Matt, so there won't be any confusion, as to which Matt I am talking about.