Down Low

Robbie

I don’t remember much about her. Hell, I don’t even know what my daughter looks like. It’s been 14 years since I last saw her; her third birthday. An impossible weight of guilt has plagued me ever since. I left her. I let her live without a father, and now I have no idea who she is; what she’s grown up to be. But I guess this is my punishment.

“Cheer up, mate. Don’t be so nervous. She’s a 17 year old girl. What are you so scared of?” My colleague Danny stated. I shook my head and nodded.

“You’re probably right... But things have changed. So much time has passed and so much has happened. The point is I abandoned her, there's no other way around it. The fact that I have successfully managed to stay out of her life for longer than a decade makes me a terrible father. No doubt Gracie mouthed off about me, and with good reason. The woman absolutely hates me. Elizabeth probably hates me too... I can't imagine how she must feel, now that her mother's gone.” I looked at the floor for a few moments, desperately trying to lose myself in the myriad of speckles in Heathrow's marble floor. Danny caught my attention and patted me on the shoulder.

“Robbie, stop it. Grace lost custody of Elizabeth because she couldn't be a proper mother. How could she, what with her tweaking habits. Please just relax. Hey, they’re starting to let out Gate 6.”

My legs began to shake in such a way, I imagine it looked like I had TS. I readied myself for the impending glares and held up the sign that read, ‘Elizabeth Stonem’. We waited for a good 15 minutes before Danny spotted a slender, 5ft. 6in. tall teenage girl hesitantly approaching us. I wasn't really sure what I expected her to do when we met. She was beautiful with bright blue/green eyes and dark brown hair. When she approached, she nodded as if she was merely acknowledging my existence. There was no physical contact-no hugs, no handshakes, not even a smile. As much as the experience caused me pain, there was one thing that was certain. She was my daughter... And she was the spitting image of her mother.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm gunna actually try and finish a story before i get bored of it.