Down Low

Elizabeth

I disappeared. It's my specialty.

After we arrived, I managed to slip away through the back entrance of Robbie's house. It was a bit chilly outside, but I still had on my leather jacket from earlier today. I walked down endless streets as I hugged my jacket closer to my body; not paying any attention as to where I was going. I didn't stop until I reached a park in the middle of a forked road. I walked towards the playground and sat down on a swing that swayed with the wind. It looked desolate and depressing. Kind of how I feel like on a daily basis. The park itself was completely out of place, and the swing even more so. I felt welcomed. And that fact alone is just pathetic.

As I swung back and forth I couldn't help but think of how shitty my life is. How fucked up my mind is because of all the drama in my life. And the kicker is that for the most part, I did it to myself. Instantly I feel the guilt sink into my soul. I feel myself fall deeper and deeper down low, until I begin crying so hard I can't breathe.

No.

No fuck this. I'm not gonna cry over those stupid bastards. Fuck Robbie. Fuck Elaine. They can both shoot-up and die.

I rolled my eyes, disgusted with how weak I've become and wiped the annoying tears away before they could run down my face furthermore. I got up from the swing and began walking again, this time past the park where a line of trees stood. I made my way over bushes and made note of the various condom wrappers and beer bottles that littered the dirt. Fucking teenagers. It was a path; a little ambiguous in the beginning, but the trail became clear the further in you traveled. At the end two giant pillars shot up from the forest ground, holding up the balcony of a mansion that sprawled out in front of me. The doorway was a little damaged and the door was barely on its hinges, but the place was beautiful nonetheless. Had to have been made in the Victorian Era, the way it was structured.

Anyway, I made my way through the threshold and marveled at the room I was in. It resembled a ballroom and it wrapped around the stairs through to the backyard. The ceiling was unbelievably high and beautifully decorated. As I looked up, I spun around, trying to ingrain the image of this place in my mind. There were vintage mirrors lined in what looked like gold on all four walls of the room, and a grand fireplace opposite the front door that was honestly taller than me. This had to have been owned by someone of high authority. Or a really rich motherfucker.

I continued on my little tour and headed up the zigzag staircase. The awesome thing about it was that on each different landing, there was an opening where a banister was placed and you could see the ballroom below it. The house only had 3 floors. I don’t know if there’s a basement or not. I searched each of the 8 rooms on both top floors and found nothing interesting. They all had plush king sized beds that were ruffled and the wardrobes were all emptied out. I was about to make my way downstairs, when I noticed a door I looked over. I opened it slowly and saw that it was yet another staircase, only this one led to the roof. The view from up top was breathtaking and you could just make out the next city over. The pool below was full and a pretty blue color. This house was empty, yet someone was taking great care of it.

I headed back to the first floor and as I was going to leave, I thought to check the kitchen. I looked in the trash bins beside the sink and grinned. Filled to the brim with used condoms, bottles of vodka and beer. Let’s check the fridge. Alcohol. Cabinets? Pills. A shitload of pills. As an intruder, I took the liberty of stealing one of the baggies from the back of the cabinet. I closed its door and smiled at my find. This was probably some hangout. The walk into the forest was pretty damn far. Far enough away to blast music without the public hearing any sound; a sanctuary for horny kids and alcoholics. Before I left, I stuffed the bag into my jacket pocket, one tiny pill in my hand as I took one last look around. I definitely wanted to remember where this place was and wanted someone to know I was here. I laughed at myself and shook my head before placing the pink pill on my tongue and removing my red lacy underwear, placing it on the front doorknob. Luckily I made my way out of the forest before my world started spinning.
♠ ♠ ♠
procrastination