These Ruined Lives

Part One-Chapter one

“He’s here!” I squealed to my best friend, Allie.

We had spent the last 45 minutes picking out my outfit, doing my hair, my makeup, and getting me ready for my big 5 year anniversary date with my boyfriend, Ian. We started going out on June 8th, when I was 13, two days before my birthday. So not only was tonight our 5th anniversary, it was my early 18th birthday present as well.

When he told me about it, he said, “It’s a triple celebration, so it’s going to be extra special.”

“Wait..” I said. “My birthday, our anniversary, but what’s the third?”

“It’s a surprise.” He smiled.

“Oooh! Tell me!” I swatted his arm playfully.

He laughed. “Sorry love, but if I told you it wouldn’t be a surprise anymore.”

I pouted. “Fine..”

He kissed my forehead. “You’ll find out soon enough, my beautiful angel.”

I smiled. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” He gently held my face in his hands and slowly leaned in. Our lips touched and as always, I suddenly felt as though we were one, all alone in the world. Nothing else seemed to matter but us. It was the most wonderful feeling I’ve ever felt in my whole life.

Ian pulled away slowly and stared into my eyes. He lovingly stroked the side of my face.

He gently took my hand and placed it om his chest, above his heart.

“This.” He said. “This is yours. It always has been, and it always will be. Words cannot express my undying love for you.”

He took my hand off his chest and kissed it.

A tear slid down my face. Ian saw and a look of worry struck his face. He wiped away my falling tears.

“What’s wrong love?”

“Nothing’s wrong. It’s just so beautiful. You’re so amazing. I love you with all my heart.”

A huge smile grew on his face, and his crystal blue eyes sparkled.

“ I love you too, Anna.”

My heat skipped a beat as I recalled that night. I loved it when he said my name. It sounded beautiful and unique from him, even though I have a very plain name, he made it sound like the rarest, most beautfil name in the universe, Like my name was specially made to be spoken by him.

Ian walked into the room as handsome as ever. With his long black pants, his blue dress shirt that matched his eyes, and a black jacket that made him look so mature. His usual mess of hair was neatly combed. I smiled at him.

He saw me, and a gasp escaped his lips.

“Anna,” he said, “Anna, you look…amazing. I have the prettiest girl in the world.”

He ran over to me and picked me up in a hug and twirled me around. He gently set me back on the ground and kissed me.

“You’re so beautiful, Anna.” He tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear. “Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?”

I laughed. “I can think of a few times.”

“Well, I’m going to tell you again.” He picked me up so I was cradled in his arms like a baby. I loved being in his arms. He was so warm. I snuggled closer to him.

“You’re like that first ray of sunlight ofater a terrible storm, giving hope and happiness. You’re like a beautiful mermaid princess, with your long flowing hair and big blue eyes. You have a beautiful face, and more importantly, a beautiful heart. You bring happiness to my life, and I don’t know what I would do without you. You’re my reason to live, my one true love.”

He stared into my eyes and I did the same to him.

“Oh my God… Get a freakin’ room guys.” Allie said, pretending to gag.

“But Allie,” I teased, “this is a room.”

She rolled her eyes and walked away. “Whatever.”

Ian and I laughed, the sound of our voices joining together in a beautiful harmony.

“Nessuna ti amo taunto quanto io fare.” He whispered.

I smiled. It meant; Nobaody loves you more than I do.”

Still carrying me, he walked out to his car and put me down on the car seat. He kissed me and ran over to the other side and got in.

“Now close your eyes, I’ll tell you when we get there.”

“But why?” I asked.

“Because it’s a surprise.”

“Oh fine..” I pouted and closed my eyes.

He turned on the radio and started singing along, very off tune. I laughed and joined in, but I actually sang in tune. When the song was over, he held out a long, high opera note.

“Don’t look.” Ian told me. “The people in the car next to us are jealous of my awesome singing voice.”

I laughed at him. “Yeah, they’re very jealous.” I said sarcastically.

“Guess what?”

“What?”

“We’re here.” Ian said. “You can open your eyes now.”

I opened my eyes and gasped. “Ian.. This is..?

“Yes. It’s the place where we had our first date.” He smiled.

“I can’t believe you still remember…even after five years.”

“Well how could I forget the beginning of one of the best things that have ever happened to me?”

We walked in together, hand in hand.

The restaurant was gorgeous. Chandeliers hung from the ceiling, the tables were covered with lace tablecloths and candles. It was perfect. We sat outside where the only light was coming from the sky and a string of lights hanging above us. The sky was completely clear and you could see almost every star that existed. It was absolutely beautiful.

We ordered our food and ate.

“Look at the stars.” I told him. “It’s like they’re shining extra bright just for us.”

We stared up at the stars together. I rested my head on his shoulder.

“It’s beautiful.” He said.

“Ian?”

“Yes, love?”

“What’s the third surprise?”

He smiled and took my hand.

“Follow me.” He lead me outside and across the street in front of a little park. He sat down on the bench and I followed.

“Do you remember what happened here, on this very spot so many years ago?” Ian asked.

I did. “Our first kiss.” I smiled.

He grinned happily. “You remember.”

“Of course I remember.”

He lovingly placed his hand on my face.

“I love you Anna. You’re my angel.”

“I love you too, Ian.”

He leaned forward and placed his lips on mine. My heart burst with a wonderful feeling. He pulled away, but came back, gently tugging on my lips with his. I never wanted it to end, but he pulled away and smiled his gorgeous smile. He stared into my eyes passionately.

“Anna, how much do you love me?” He asked suddenly

“I love you with all me hear, more than anyone else in the world. I would do anything for you.”

His smile grew even wider. He got up, and pulled me up with him. My hands still in his, he spoke the most beautiful words I’ve ever heard.

“Anna, I love you with all my heart and more. You’re the most important person in the entire universe to me. I would die for you, and I live for you. You make me smile, and I don’t feel sad or alone when I’m with you. You’re so beautiful. Like an angel, with your big blue eyes and gorgeous face. Anna, I want to be with you forever. I want to start a family and grow old with you. My one wish is to be with you forever.”

He got down on one knee in front of me and took out a ring case and opened it.

“Anna.” He said. “My love. Will you make my one wish come true? Will you marry me?”

“Oh my god…Ian. Ian…Yes! Yes of course I will!” I giggled.

He placed the ring on my finger and kissed it.

“I love you so much, Anna.” He said with a smile on his face.

“I love you too.”

He held my face in his hands and kissed me. My heart was pounding, and I felt as though it might burst from all the emotion I was feeling. But it didn’t matter. I got to be with him forever. I was happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) It's actually happy...but not for looong. :) Comment and subscribe? :D