You Can Only Say Goodbye

one;

I glanced at the clock. It was almost three. He would be home soon. Sighing, I fell down in a chair. I don’t know why this was always so nerve-wracking for me. Sadly, I’ve done this plenty of times before and it’s never been easy. I went over my speech in my head again:

You’re a really great guy. And I’m so glad I’ve had the chance to spend some really amazing months with you, but I just don’t feel that… spark anymore.

I looked at the phone and thought about calling my friend, Kristy, but decided against it. She’s probably sick and tired of me breaking up with guys. And I don’t blame her. So am I.

***

“Y-You’re breaking up with me?”

I nodded.

“What… What did I do?”

“Nothing, Chase.” I swallowed. “I told you -- I just don’t feel that spark anymore. And although this is cliché, it’s not you. It’s me. I mean, you’re too good for me. You’re such a sweet, nice guy and I don’t want to…” I stopped, not really sure where I was going with this.

A flicker of anger flashed in his eyes, but it was soon replaced with sadness. “Okay. I’ll just… I’ll get my shit.” He walked off towardsour my room and began to gather his belongings. I would have offered to help, but I sensed that wouldn’t be necessary. After he shoved everything into a duffel bag and a small suitcase, he started towards the door. “Um, I’ll come by tomorrow to get the rest of my stuff, maybe.” He wouldn’t even look at me and I bit my lip.

“Okay,” I replied. He didn’t really have much left to get, anyway.

“Okay.” He paused and looked at me for a moment before grabbing the doorknob and walking out of my small apartment, slamming the door behind him.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story.

This was an idea that came to me before I fell asleep. I'm actually quite surprised I remembered it. :P Um, tell me what you think. (:

I'm going to posting a lot more because I just got my laptop so I don't have to share a computer with the rest of my family anymore. So now, I don't have to be so insecure about them reading what I've written or something. XDD Haha, thank you for reading. (:
xoxo

Reagan<3