‹ Prequel: Restless Dreams
Status: Finished.

Frostbite

1/1

The sky was nearly pitch black as she trampled over the snow-covered ground. Moonlight broke through the trees every so often, causing the cold, white substance to glow.

Despite the boots she was wearing, and the overcoat she hugged firmly to her body, she shivered violently. Her teeth chattered, her body so tense, it was borderline painful.

Her eyes scanned the dense forest, and despite the fact that she could hardly see anything, she knew he was there, watching her with his blackened eyes. She could practically smell the blood lust; she knew exactly what he wanted. The hair on the back of her neck stood on end, her stomach twisted in knots.

The faint sound of footsteps broke her from her trace. He was getting closer, and quickly. She tried to run, but her stiff legs failed her, and she fell on the freezing, wet ground. Her heart pounded in her chest as a shadow emerged from the woods, glaring at her. She stood up slowly, her momentary will to try and escape eluding her.

How do you escape an eternal nightmare?

The dark figure stood before her, watching as her eyes widened in fear. Soft tears fell down her blistered cheeks. Eternity seemed to pass before, finally, a movement. Before she could understand what was happening, the gruesome assailant seized her, piercing the soft skin of her neck with its fangs.

Too shocked to even breathe, she didn't feel any pain. She felt faint as her life stood on edge; she could almost see the other side - and she longed for it. She fell limp in her killer's arms, letting herself go, until finally, her heart stopped, and she closed her eyes to the world around her for the last time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to my beta & these guys for helping with the image [banner].

Comments are amazing.