Status: In my family portrait...

The Art of Losing

Stupid?

I starred at him for a second making sure I had heard him correctly. "Your place?"

"Yeah, I'm renting an apartment a block from here, there's two bedrooms don't worry I wouldn't ask you to actually sleep in my bed the first night. That's for the second meeting" he said with a grin; I relaxed and smiled.

"O-okay. I need to get a few things from my dorm though."

"Not to worry, let's go." he said before I led the way.

"So you didn't ask me out because you feel sorry for me did you?" I asked a few minutes later. "The last thing I need is some guy feeling sorry for me and the second a hot chick comes along you'll dump me and move on, I mean just because I haven't had any guys in the past doesn't mean anything, and are you going to jump in at anytime to stop me?"

"I was waiting for you to finish. No I didn't ask you out because I felt sorry for you, I like you. You're funny, cute, smart, and you follow me. Jennifer was constantly getting lost in the conversations I had with her. Then again she was ditzy as hell. Besides I've been here for a few days and a lot of girls caught my attention but not like you did. There's a spark about you that I like and want to get to know." he said making me sigh.

"I'm sorry. I'm very paranoid about things."

"It's alright. I'll forgive you. But you ask me something like that again I will dump you on the spot." he said making look up at him quickly.

"I-I-you serious?" I asked.

"Yeah. I hate women with some or no confidence. You either have a lot or you failed at life."

"Let me guess, your mother is a very confident woman and your father has and had the same rule all throughout his life and it stuck with you and you decided you liked the rule too?" I asked; he smirked.

"Very good." he said before stopping and grabbing my arm so he could make me face him. "You are very beautiful, you have a wonderful personality. There's plenty of hot girls out there and I'm never going to leave you for one of them. If I feel like our relationship can grow stronger and stronger I'll stick around. If not then I'll call it quits, but in all honesty I feel like there's a lot of reasons for me to stick around with you."

"Wh-why are you telling me this?" I asked nervously.

"Because I want you to understand me. I want you to know I'm straight forwarded. If I look at another girl, I'm only looking. If I talk to another girl, I'm only talking. I hang with another girl, I'm only hanging out as friends. I don't want you to ever be jealous, or worry. I'm not a cheater, as long as you're my girlfriend you'll be the only girl I think about. Okay?" he asked making me nod. Talking about feeling stressed! We just met and he's talking to me like we've been together for about a month. Was I stupid for agreeing after I had just met him?