Bad things come to those who try

The He

I found a pencil or two by the cash register and grabbed all of the cash out of it besides. If we needed to get somewhere fast that sort of money would be helpful. I also figured that they may be more like vampires now than anything else, which would mean they’d be vulnerable to wooden stakes.

I returned to the table with ten bags of chips that I finagled out of the machine, accompanied by four soft drinks that I also got from a machine.

Thom grabbed a drink and chugged it. He then proceeded to chow down on as many bags of chips as he could. I ate slowly, savoring the flavors as much as possible; if things went according to plan, I was going to be able to eat again, but I knew that things usually didn’t.

“Mommy,” she asked me, “Who’s he?” She pointed at the doorway.

I turned to look and spotted the shadow before it slammed into Thom. He closed his eyes and then opened them. He clenched his hands into fists, and then spread them wide.

“Fascinating,” he said, “I have always wondered what it would be like to be human.”

“I don’t think I’d consider you human even if you took that body,” I replied acting nonchalant the way only I can, “I mean, after all, no one could fucking kill you if they wanted to anyway.”

My throat was grabbed and I was forced to look him in the eyes.

“You know, if I didn’t like you so much,” he told me, “I’d kill you right now.”

I grinned, “Yeah, and remember how that turned out?”

He threw me away from the table and turned back to the food.

“Go away if you’re going to sit on a high horse,” he said without glancing at me, “this table is for killers only. I would’ve thought that would’ve been obvious.”

My plan got altered very quickly and I started winging it big time.

“So if I killed someone I could join the table?”

The twins looked around, “But there isn’t anyone left.”

When I glanced at their mouths I spotted fangs so I hoped I was right.

“Yeah there is,” I replied grinning as I approached the table from their backs, “and you know what? They’re right here.”

The pencils plunged in deep and broke off. It was as though the blood that soaked into their skin made it easier for the wood to penetrate. They turned and gave me looks of shock.

“Mommy, why?” she coughed out and clutched at my pant leg.

He just kept coughing up blood.

“I’m not your mother,” I said, ripping the denim from her grasp, “I never have been. You just always assumed as much because I took care of you.”

They died half on the floor and half on the bench attached to the table; their eyes wide open and accusing. I ignored the looks, since I had intended to kill them anyway, and shoved them off of the bench before sitting right in between the blood stains.
♠ ♠ ♠
I put this up as penance for not having been on yesterday.....lol