Sequel: The Blue Scales

The False Vampire

Good Morning Sunshine

‘When day and night combine
All creation will forever shift
Serenity will unhinge
As the sky fills red’


I hummed the words to myself, unsure of where I got them. However, despite the fact that I was unsure of its origins, I still hummed the words. Again and again. Like a broken record on repeat. It seemed, that I was unsure on how to stop myself.

The words seemed to be apart of a song, but the rest of the words were blurry, only just out of my reach. Regardless, I kept humming to myself.

I don’t know what pulled me further from my sleep, the footsteps that climbed up the stairs or the loud bang that sounded when my bedroom door was slammed open.

Rolling my head to the side, I found myself so exhausted I could barely move. In the doorway stood Elisa, her school uniform already donned. Her eyes narrowed into tiny slits as she stared at me. In her eyes, worry clouded like a raging storm.

She marched over to the bed, stripping back the blankets and hauled my sorry arse off the mattress. Standing in the middle of the room, I roughly rubbed a hand down my face, groaning.

Why did I decide to attend school? Too early.

Elisa pulled out my school uniform, dumping them in a neat pile on the bed. Pulling off my pyjamas, I quickly pulled on my uniform. Noticing with dismay, that I needed to get a larger shirt. However, I could perhaps hold off a bit longer. The school year was almost over, we were seniors.

School is almost finished. Still, I needed to lay off the chocolate.

It was only a matter of seconds later that I was braiding my hair and out the door. Outside sat a silver car, two people also were around said car.

Jae was leaning against the back door of the car, while Samuel sat on the inside, bobbing his hair to the music that played on the stereo. Listening, I noticed that he was listening to a metal band of sorts.

Quietly, I laid my head back onto the seat, my eyes closed. I continued humming. The lyrics to the song kept repeating through my head, again and again.

It seemed to be almost as if I was a broken record, skipping parts and replaying others. Despite the repeating words, I could still think, though I wish I didn’t. In my mind, I could feel a deep guilt, it squeezed my heart, constricted my lungs.

I couldn’t believe that they had woken up to pick my up from my house. In fact, it was weird. I had known them a total of three weeks, and already they were wanting to pick my up for school. The weirdest was that Elisa was the one to wake me up.

Was I entirely comfortable with this? No not particularly. I knew however, that I did trust them. Sort of.

The car, silently grumbling, rolled into the car park. With a relaxed air, Samuel pulled the car into a vacant spot near the doors. Over the horizon, small streaks on sunlight stained the sky pink.

When the car rumbled to a stop, we all sat there for a minute, silent. My eyes roamed the inside of the car, focusing on the small dust particles that floated just front of my face.

With a sigh, I opened the door, deciding I’d rather get out the car now instead of risking getting burnt.

With light feet, I began my walk towards the school grounds, when suddenly an umbrella appeared over the top of me.

Turning around, I see Jae, his jaw is clenched and his knuckles white. About to rest my hand on his hand, he jerked his arm away from me. His head swung around to me, his eyes filled with anger, causing me to flinch.

“Thank you” I mumbled, not looking at his eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry :\
It's one of the shorter chapters...