Sequel: The Blue Scales

The False Vampire

The Move

I could see my mother melting under my harsh gaze. Guilt ripped throughout my stomach, though I knew that if I gave in now that I would never be able to attend school.

“If, it is what you truly want” her words caught on a sob “than you can attend school”. Tears poured down her face and I released my glare. Rushing to her side, I took her frail body between my arms, petting her hair as she had done to me as a child.

“It is not as if I am not grateful, I just wish more for myself, and that so you could get the rest that you deserve” Holding her until her crying settled, I glanced over at my dad.

His face was still as though he had been set in stone. His jaw was still clenched and he just stared out into the window, looking as the snow fell gently outside.

I kissed my mum on the cheek, before beginning to head downstairs . It wasn’t until then that father spoke.

“Where on earth do you think your going now?”

“To get bed, so that I can attend school in the morning?” I think I sounded curious, but I couldn’t be sure.

“I don’t think so. Come back here and sit down. We are going to talk about this like a family, and we will all decide” he sent a pointed look to my mother. With a sigh I walked back towards them. This wasn’t something I particularly wanted to do at this present time. It wasn’t until we where all seated in the lounge room that dad spoke.

“Adrienne, darling, this is a very important matter. It is not something that you could say that you wanted to go to one day, and leave the next if you didn’t like it” his tone was the most serious I had ever heard it.

“I know that dad”

“Please let me finish what I am saying!” I nodded mutely in reply “Thankyou. You wont get that much time to read, like you always do. You have to be top of your studies as well. You also may not have many friends, because they might not accept you as who you are. There’s also a matter of what school you can go to, because not many would accept a child that is allergic to sunlight!”

“I thought I was going to the local high school”

“Absolutely not!”

It was at this stage that I realized we where shouting, as well as standing. The chairs that we had been previously sat on where either bare or flipped over. Oh well.

“And why is that?”

“Because you wont be living here long enough to attend there!”

“What?”

“We are moving houses!”

“Why didn’t you say that in the first place?” my voice, which was once filled with fury, was now a small whisper. How long since they had decided that?

“I was going to tell you soon. Tonight, actually” he sighed wearily.

“When are we moving?” When did my voice become so meek?

“Three weeks?” I don’t think he wanted to face the fact either

“Oh…alright”

“Your not going to school, at least not until after we move”

“That, I can deal with” Grinning widely I set off for bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm estatic.
I have my story published on wattpad. 1,025 readers!
Thats at least three times as much as I've ever gotten on here.
Come on! Lets see which site gets more reads ....
(It's my little mental competition!)