Sequel: The Blue Scales

The False Vampire

Watch the snow melt

A while had passed, the snow had melted a while ago.

We had moved. The house was large, it was everything I had ever wanted. I sat on the window ledge, my bare feet dangling over the edge. My skin seemed to glow in the faint moonlight. The stars were burning brightly tonight. Tomorrow I started school, though I could not sleep.

It was a boarding school, but I would not be sleeping there, unless needed to. My dad had informed the school principal of my condition, and he had allocated a dorm room. Instead of a normal day student, I would get there half an hour before dawn, and come home a half an hour after sunset.

My uniform was already on, par my shoes. The black skirt reached just above the top of my knees, the blouse was white and short sleeved. There was a black tie, which I personally loved the look of. For the school, we were allowed to wear any type of shoes. As long as they were black and enclosed. I'd chosen boots which where just above half-way up my shin, and were lace up.

My hair was left as it was, a new shampoo mum had bought me made my hair shimmer in the light. I glanced at the clock. It was time to go.

I swung my legs back into the room, and tugged on my socks, followed by the boots. Hoping around while lacing up my boots, I swung my backpack over my shoulder.

"Adrienne! It's time to go!" Dad yelled up the stairs, his voice booming.

"Coming!" I huffed the word impatiently. Quickly, I ran down the stairs, I could hear the car start, so making that my destination, I practically leapt into the car.

It wasn't long before the school was looming into view. I took out my student ID card and swept it by the gate. The metal groaned before opening, like it was coming to life.

The school seemed to be very posh, something I did not expect. How much did they pay for this?
♠ ♠ ♠
Three uploads, one day.
I'm doing well!