Status: just starting :)

True Blue

Chapter 1

Do you ever get that feeling? That feeling you get when you’re running. You run for the longest time and you’re so close to the finish line you sprint so fast you feel like your flying. That feeling of adrenaline pumping through your veins and your heart beating as fast as a humming birds wing. That is how I feel right now but I’m not running to a finish line. I’m running to safety.

I see the red brick apartment three doors down as I dare not even glance behind me, knowing I would trip with my bad luck. The fact that I had my now ex boyfriend chasing after me was proof of that bad luck. I pushed open the iron gate and ran up the four steps leading to the building and swiped my electric key across the pad as fast as I could. To bad the damn thing didn’t read it. My ex boyfriend Ray was now getting closer to my apartment and my stupid key wouldn’t work. That blow to his balls before I started running really slowed him down. Just when my key finally worked and I saw the pad light go from red to green I threw the door open only to be yanked back by my right arm as I heard a sickening crack. My shoulder blazed in pain as I was pulled down to the steps with as much force to knock the wind right out of me and bight my tongue. The taste of copper now in my mouth.

“Now Carson” , Ray sneared as he lifted my chin so I could look into his muggy blue eyes. How I ever liked those soulless orbs I will never know. “Don’t you think you should rethink that decision you made tonight?” I caught the asshole cheating on me with some harlot from hooters in MY car. Of course I broke up with him on the spot with a slap for the slut and one for him two. Then that was when he hit me and he had never done that before. He was either drunk out of his mind or had gone bat crazy. I kicked him in the balls and ran off with him chasing after me.

“Why would I ever do that?” I should have kept my stupid mouth shut because the slap he gave me after that stung like a bitch. I felt a warm liquid run down my cheek and believed it was most likely blood.

“I think you know why you would.” The evil smirk on his face made him look nothing like my loving boyfriend I thought I had yesterday. In fact he looked like one of those crazy killers off of CSI or something. My breathing soon became ragged as I realized what he could do to me. No, what he would do to me, if I didn’t get help. He hoisted me up by my bad arm and I hissed in pain causing me to choke on my own blood. He was dragging me back to the car that was parked down the block but we hadn’t got that far from the apartment. There had to be someone awake right now. It was only twelve o clock at the latest. I tried to control my breathing so I could build up a good scream just as Ray covered my mouth with that stupid bandanna he wore around his neck.

“Oh no Carson. Don’t even think about it.” I felt tears brim my eyes as the pain from my arm and my tongue hit me like a ton of bricks as he held my left arm in a death grip. There was only so much a seventeen year old could do at a time like this. I took a deep breath getting reading for the pain I knew was going to come but I had to act fast. I swung my right arm like dead weight right into his face, kicked him twice in the balls and yanked off the bandanna. I screamed as loud as any blond girl in some scary movie as I began to run again right up my apartment steps but I realized I didn’t have my key seeing as it was flung out of my hand when that asshole pulled me down. I started banging and screaming on the door for help seeing as Ray was getting up off the ground. That was when the door opened and I ran into my sanctuary giving my stranger a one armed hug as they closed the door. It took a second to learn that the sobs that were echoing in the small lobby aria were coming from me.

“Oh my god, please stop crying miss are you okay do I need to call the police?” All I could do was nod my head as I heard the worried voice of a man as I almost fell from exhaustion, good thing he caught me. That was when we heard pounding on the door.

“CARSON OPEN THIS DAMN DOOR!” my sobbing soon got louder as the man picked me up and brought me into the open apartment door on the left side of the hall. He walked down a short hall before he got to a cozy looking living room that opened up into a small kitchen. He sat me down on the couch as he gave me a look as if to say not to move and he left the way we came and the banging stopped. I noticed as he left that he had to be no older then twenty and had the most amazing gray eyes I have ever seen.

I could hear Ray yelling from outside but his yelling soon turned into grunts as if he was being hit repeatedly. Despite the mans silent warning I got up off the comfy green plaid couch and found myself by the open doorway to what I assumed was his apartment. I could clearly see from his door the fight that was going on outside because someone left the front door open. I could see Ray now on the ground unconscious with my stranger looking over him. I quickly ran back into his apartment to find a phone and found one on the granite kitchen counter as I dialed 911.

“911 what is your emergency?” I took deep breaths seeing as I was getting a bit hysterical at the moment and didn’t know exactly what to say. “Yes. My ex boyfriend just beat me and tried to…anyway I was saved by one of my neighbors but my ex boyfriend Ray is now unconscious on the front lawn of my apartment and I would like him arrested.” I said all in one breath. I was getting a bit lightheaded the situation that just took place now officially forming in my head.

“Okay, Mam the police are on their way.” I thanked her and hung up the phone and turned around to see my stranger standing there. He nearly gave me a heart attack. I was already practically hyperventilating from my realization of the situation and he had to go and scare me. I could feel an asthma attack coming on. That was when he started to look alarmed and worried as he rushed over to me.

“Shh, Carson. It’s okay. You’re alright. Just breathe.” I soon began to cry realizing that I couldn’t. “I….can’t!” He was really looking scared now as he picked me up bridal style and ran out of his apartment and into the lobby. “Where is your apartment?” I pointed to the staircase that lead to the second floor and he took the steps by two’s me in hand. “Which apartment?” I pointed to the second one on the right as my vision started to become very blurry. “Where is the key?” I pointed down to my Halloween welcome mat and he got the key from under it. “Carson, please stay with me where is your inhaler you can not pass out! Carson!” My breathing got more and more staggered as he opened the door and I pointed to the coffee table you could see from the small hallway inside. He bolted to the table and got my inhaler bringing it back to me in record time. I sucked on my inhaler for dear life as I soon began to breathe normally. “Thank you so much.” It was then that I finally blacked out.

-_-_-_-

That stupid beeping was the first thing I heard when I began to wake up and I instantly knew I was in the hospital. I just couldn’t remember why. I blinked my eyes a few times to take away the blurriness and my eyes focused on a very ugly green wallpaper across from my bed. I looked around the room to see the regular TV and a door that lead to a bathroom and a bigger door that lead to the rest of the hospital. My shoulder felt extremely sore and my tongue felt like it was a bit swollen. I looked down to see both of my arms were bruised my left arm more then my right, and my ribs felt very sore. To put it simply I looked and felt like shit.

“I see that you’re awake.” I looked toward the door to see a plump middle aged nurse at my door. Her brown hair was in a high pony tail and her blue scrubs had pictures of smiling and dancing flowers on them. They made me laugh but I soon learned how that was a very bad idea as I doubled over in pain and the nurse quickly came to my side.
“Don’t excite yourself honey. You had quite a night and your ribs are bruised so no laughing or bending over like that okay?” I nodded my head. She handed me a glass of water from the night stand beside me so I could finally speak. “What happened?” She looked at me with worry. Maybe I have amnesia and she just hasn’t told me yet.

“Well your jackass of a boyfriend did a number on you. They found you passed out in the arms of some young man in front of your apartment and your boyfriend unconscious in front of the apartment building. That young man rode to the hospital with you in the ambulance poor thing is half asleep in the waiting room.” As she finished her explanation the memories of last night came flooding back from me catching Ray with that hooters girl to just when I passed out in my strangers arms. I was getting a migraine just thinking about it all.

“Where is that asshole I called a boyfriend?” my voice was ice cold as I thought of all the ways I could kill that son of a bitch. “Well the police arrested him so I would most likely think he’s still in jail and although I know you are tired two police officers are here to ask you some questions.” I just nodded knowing that I would rather get this over with now.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my newest story that I JUST wrote last night! I will update every Sunday or Friday because my school week is pretty hectic. HOPE YOU LIKE IT!!!
p.s. I LOVE COMMENTS! ;D