Status: just starting :)

True Blue

Chapter 2

After checking out the various tubes sticking out of me the nurse left and sent in the two police officers. Just for one second I felt like I was in some random episode of Law And Order Special Victims Unite. Never thought I would see myself as that beat up girl in the hospital bed. My little mind excursion was soon interrupted as one of the officers cleared their throat and I shook my head slightly to focus giving myself a headache.

The first police officer I noticed looked fit and had to be in his thirties. His hair was a dark brown but looked a bit choppy. Almost like he had a fight with a pair of hair clippers and lost. The other guy caught me by surprise. There before me was Mr. Taylor my dads’ old partner before he retired the force and as soon as he saw my surprise his eyes lit up with recognition.

“Oh my god Carson what happened?!” you would think he would know since he arrested the bastard I once called a boyfriend. I was still shocked to see him but also mad as well. I knew for sure he would tell my dad about this because my dad was worried about me moving out in an apartment by myself. I was going to tell my dad of course but this kind of news coming from his friend would not make the situation any easier.

“Well you remember Ray don’t you?” me and Ray had been dating since sophomore year in high school. He was so nice then and the sweetest guy you would ever meet but ever since he realized we would be going our separate ways for college, him going up to Virginia and me staying in Savannah, his behavior kept changing more and more. Then I guess when I caught him cheating on me and I broke up with him he went crazy. I’m not making any excuses for him of coarse. What he did to me will not fly and I will see that he will regret the day he EVER put his hands on me.

“Ray did this to you?!” Mr. Taylor’s voice rose as a big fat vain could now be seen throbbing in his head. Neither my dad nor Mr. Taylor ever liked Ray. I remember when my dad first met Ray he was furious saying no one would ever take away his baby girl. Yep I am definitely a Daddy’s girl.

All I could do was nod my head as he seethed and his partner tried to calm him down. He was now looking confused seeing as he didn’t know me or my relationship with Ray. Mr. Taylor soon left the room so he could let off some steam. I don’t blame him though. If I could even move right now I would be running down to that jail house and shanking Ray with a rusty spork…very slowly.

Mr. Taylor’s partner closed the door behind him and walked back to my bedside pulling up a chair. He was somehow eerily calm but his eyes still held confusion. I decided to help him with that.

“Mr. Taylor was my dad’s partner before he retired. He’s known me since I was like twelve. He’s practically family and I guess seeing me like this” I waved my good arm in the direction of myself, “really didn’t make this kind of case any easier.” He nodded at my explanation and had a grim look on his face.

“Well I am sorry about what happened to you Carson and I would like to ask you some questions.” I nodded my head slightly so I would make my headache worse then it already was.

“At what time did this crime occur?”

“It had to be around twelve am if not later.”

“Where were you when it occurred?”

“Well I found Ray, my ex boyfriend, cheating on me in my car with some hooters girl and that was when I slapped him and then he slapped me back so I kicked him in the balls and ran. He chased me from my car that was parked a little ways down the street from my apartment so I guess it started then but he didn’t actually touch me until I was on the steps of my apartment building.” I replied not entirely sure

“Can you tell me what happened to you exactly?” he finally asked and that was when I told him everything. I told him about how Ray hit me and pulled me down causing my bruised ribs. I also told him about my stranger and how he saved me.

“Where is this guy that saved you?” he stood as I finished my story and I took another drink of water. I was really wishing I had something else to drink. Water has that disgusting taste I can’t describe.

“The nurse said he was in the waiting room.” He nodded and left the room leaving me with that annoying beep once again. The annoying beep somehow lulled me to sleep. I woke up abruptly when I heard a very worried yet angry voice outside of my room.

“Where is Carson Mitchell?!” the voice of my dad could be heard from down the hall and most likely the whole hospital.

“Sir visiting hours are over! Sir!” that nurse might as well had been talking to a rock because my dad would not listen to her. His angry foot steps were now coming down the hall.

“My daughter is in there recovering from physical abuse from her bastard ass boyfriend and you want to tell me that I can’t see my little girl because of some god damn visiting hours!” his voice rose with each word he spoke and by the end of his rant he was practically screaming at the poor lady.

The nurse had nothing to say to that and my dad stormed into my room then stopped abruptly upon seeing me in the hospital bed. My dads face went from angry to worried to sad in about a nano second. He rushed to my bed side grabbed my hand and kissed my for head. When he pulled back to look at me there were tears in his eyes and I realized tears were in my eyes as well.

“My poor baby girl. I’m so sorry I wasn’t there Carson. I try so hard to keep you safe and look at what happens. I failed you and I am so sorry.” My dad was now crying on my shoulder as I held onto him for dear life. I hadn’t seen my dad cry since my mom died and I didn’t care about the pain in my ribs and shoulder. The fact that my dad was beating his self up because of this overpowered my physical pain.

“Daddy this isn’t your fault okay?” my voice shook with my sobs and I hugged him even tighter. “This is all Rays fault. He did this dad there was nothing you could have done.” He sat back to the edge of my bed and his face was red with anger.

“Ray,” he said his name covered in venom and anger, “He is going to pay for what he did to you Carson. I will have him locked up so fast he won’t even know what hit him. This is the last time he will ever put his hands on you or any other girl for that matter.” He was angry I could tell but at the same time sincere, making me a promise that I knew he would keep. Ray picked the wrong girl to mess with and if he even thought for a second he could get away with what he did to me then he was dead wrong.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is pretty short sorry guys but I updated early for you! I am proud to say I have 2 comments, 7 readers, and 4 subscribers!!!!!!! XD

THANK YOU FOR THE COMMENTS:
nevershouthate!
TalkNerdyToMe!

I will update next week or maybe sooner if I am not busy.

p.s. I LOVE COMMENTS!!!!!!!!