Love The Way You Lie

You shouldn't have done that

I was standing at my locker later that afternoon when I felt someone behind me, turning, I wasn’t surprised to see Brian. “What?” I asked grumpily, feeling incredibly fed up with being his punching bag, and severely depressed to find out who my mystery MSN friend was. “So, you gonna answer Jimmy’s question?” He demanded menacingly. “Are you ever gonna leave me alone?” I asked in reply, my fists balling up in the sleeves of my long sleeved shirt. Brian shoved me back into the locker with a vicious smirk. “Nope” he replied. He grabbed me by the front of my shirt and pulled me close “Why were you staring at Zacky?” Brian asked me, I smiled at him, then drove my knee into his groin, then punched him square in the nose when his knees went from under him. Then, not waiting for a retaliation, I grabbed my bag, slammed my locker closed and took off running past Matt, Jimmy and Zacky, not waiting for the rest of Brian’s friends to recover from the shock of seeing me retaliate.

I was halfway home before the adrenalin subsided and I realized exactly what I had just done. I was gonna get my ass kicked tomorrow, and not just kicked, but handed to me on a silver platter. With a sigh, I stopped and leaned against a fence as I thought about what I could do. I know my mom would never allow me to stay home and dad would just bow to mom’s wishes. I suppose I could go stay at my sisters during school hours, but again there was the problem of the school calling home. With a shake of the head, I started walking again, still trying to think of a solution. I froze as a car slowed to a stop next to me, waiting to see who it was, deciding mentally that I’d take off running if any of the doors open
d, instead, a window rolled down and I found myself staring at Johnny. “You know Blair, attacking Brian was incredibly stupid” he told me in a matter of fact tone. “Yeah, I know” I said, opening the door and sliding in when Johnny gestured me to. “Why’d you do it then” Johnny asked with a frown as I buckled myself in. “Good question Johnny.” I replied, “Well, I’m pretty sure Brian now wants to kill you” Johnny told me, as he pulled away from the curb. “I figured as much, I’ve been trying to think of a way to survive this” I told him. Johnny gave a humorless laugh “Any luck with that?” he asked, glancing at me “Nope, Still coming up blank” I replied. “Run” Johnny advised making me grin.

I sighed “Do you really think I’m gonna get all that far before he finds me?” I asked, Johnny shrugged before replying. “What do you want me to say Blair, you kneed him in the nuts. He’s super pissed, all he’s thinking about right now is making you pay.” Johnny told me as he pulled up to the curb outside my house. “Thanks for the ride Johnny.” I said as I climbed out, “it’s ok B, Just watch your back, ok?” Johnny replied, a look of concern on his face, I just nodded and shut the door, an waited for him to drive away before going inside.