Love The Way You Lie

Loosing Control

I sat in my car in the schools parking lot, trying to find the courage to get out. Brian was, without a doubt, gonna make me pay for yesterdays show of courage. My heart was trying to force its way out of my chest and still I just sat there. I jumped when the passenger side door opened and Johnny slid in. “Ok, Let’s bail.” Johnny told me as he buckled himself in. “Ummmm…….” I started to say. “Look, Brian is gonna bash you the minute he gets the chance, lets go before he gets one” Johnny told me. I sighed and started the car, knowing he was right. We didn't speak until we were on the main road. “They’re not gonna be impressed when they realize you’re hanging with me.” I told him, Johnny shrugged. “I figure they’re gonna be more pissed when they work out that Zacky fell for their favorite victim” Johnny replied after a while. I sighed. “If you’re here to plead Zacky's case, don’t bother, I’m not interested.” I replied then as Johnny opened his mouth to argue, I added “No. it’s none of your business. Where are we going” Johnny sighed “Let’s go get breakfast, my shout” He told me.

--several hours later—
I stood at my locker, juggling my bag as I grabbed books out and shoved them into my open bag. I was reaching for my chemistry book when my bag was ripped from my hands, spinning around, I was in time to see Brian throw my bag on the floor on the opposite side of the hallway. As I opened my mouth to protest, he grabbed me by the throat and shoved me into the lockers. “I owe you a Beating Bitch” He told me as I struggled to pull his hand away from my throat. Brian’s face was barely an inch from mine as he whispered “No-one takes what’s mine. You’ll get it when you least expect it” he let me go and I fell to my knees as he walked away, gasping for breath, I looked up as someone offered me my bag. “Are you ok” Johnny asked. “Just leave me alone” I snapped, snatching my bag from him and rushing away.

I headed for my favorite hiding spot, not caring who saw. My throat was burning with pain and unshed tears. I didn't know how much more of this I could take. I dropped to my knees in the bushes behind the gym, already rummaging through my bag. I gave a small sound of relief as I found what I was looking for. I settled into a cross-legged position before pushing back the left sleeve of my jacket, exposing a handful of cuts, in varying stages of healing. I rested the edge of the razor blade against my skin and pressed down and across, the pain blocking out the jumble of thoughts and giving me seconds of blissful relief. I watched as a drop of blood started to trickle down my arm, the thought of what Brian was gonna do to me forced its way to the front of my mind, and no matter how many times I cut, it wouldn't go away. I only stopped when my arm was a bloody blur through my tears. I wiped away my tears, staring down at my arm, I wondered how I was gonna hide this, it had been a long time since I cut this bad.

**Matt’s PoV**
I was still stunned by what I’d just seen, never in a million years would I have guessed that Blair was a cutter, and if I wasn't mistaken, Brian was her trigger. When I found the guys lounging in the football stands, I didn't even respond to my friends questions. “Dude, What’s up with…” Brian started to say. “You need to back off Blair” I told him, cutting him off. “What are you talking about? That bitch has it coming to her” Brian said narrowing his eyes. “You are fucking destroying her. You keep it up, you’ll have her blood on your hands” I told him coldly. “What do you mean?” jimmy asked. I looked at Zack. “Did you know she cuts?” I asked him, Zack frowned. “That’s ridiculous” He shot back, frowning. “I just watched her slice up her left arm. It didn't look ridiculous from where I was standing” I watched as their jaws dropped. “No way. She was probably doing it for attention.” Brian said as he got up and headed for the back of the gym.

**Blair’s PoV**
I was just picking my bag up when Brian grabbed my arm and yanked me off balance. “Ow” I yelped, trying to push him away from my arm, but all he did was twist his body so I couldn't pry his hand from my wrist. “NO. STOP IT HANNER” I shrieked as I felt him yank up the sleeve of my jacket, exposing the fresh cuts on my arm. I was trying to yank my arm away when Brian let me go and I sprawled to the floor. “Why would you do that to yourself?” He asked, looking horrified. I stared back at him, tears welling in my eyes as I yanked my sleeve down. “YOU, I do it because of you” I snapped, scrambling to my feet and backing away. My bag sat at Brian’s feet, my eyes darted to it before I turned and ran. I couldn't deal with this. They were the last people I wanted to know my dirty little secret.

I hid out in the bathroom for the rest of lunch then after the bell went, I headed to my car, hoping I could get into it. When I got there I was surprised to find Matt and Zacky sitting on the hood waiting for me. Zack held out my car Keys. I just stared at him “What did you mean when you said Brian is the reason you …… do it” Matt asked, looking uncomfortable. “Why should I tell you” I snarled as i snatched my keys from Zacky and backed away. “Ok Ok. We’ll leave you alone” Matt said, holding up his hands in defense. I watched them go before climbing into my car and resting my head on my steering wheel and bursting into tears.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long since i updated. this is the first thing i've written in about a year, though i intend to write more. hope you guys like the new chapter. -PurdyGirl