Status: Started 9/26/2010

Invisible Handcuffs

One

I drummed my fingers on the steering wheel as I drove. The radio was playing music in the background, loud enough to ear but soft enough so that I could focus. I drove down the road with one hand on the steering wheel.

Today was my first day off in a while. I had been doing so many interviews, photo shoots, meet and greets and regular meetings that I couldn’t think straight. Not to mention the fact that I was still in school. Every second of the day I was doing something. When I thought that I had time off, I didn’t.

Today was my official day off.

I thought about spending my day catching up on some sleep, but I decided that taking a drive would be better. I hardly had time to drive my Range Rover since I was hardly home. I would have plenty of time to sleep today, but who knew when I would get another chance to drive my car.

The sound of my stomach growling caused me to look down for a split second. I hadn’t eaten anything for breakfast, and my dinner last night was beyond small. I decided that I would pull over so that I could grab something quick to eat before deciding what I was going to do today.

I pulled over into the parking lot of a Starbucks. I cut the engine after parking my car. I closed the door behind me, clicking the button on my keys that locked the door.

I slid my sunglasses on as I walked towards the building. My security wasn’t with me today, so I needed to be careful. I wasn’t supposed to go out without them but, I don’t exactly do everything that I’m told.

There were a few tables outside with umbrellas over them. There were three people sitting outside, a girl and two guys, they were all at the same table. The boys seemed to be engrossed in an agreement while the girl sat there bored.

I’ll admit that from afar she seemed attractive. I couldn’t really be sure since I was at a distance. The hat on her head was tilted downwards, preventing me from seeing her face. Her dark brown hair was pulled back into a low ponytail that sat underneath her hat.

She turned her hat around backwards as she rested her head on the palm of her hand. She glanced over at the guys before she rolled her eyes. She grabbed her coffee before she leaned back into her chair, both hands now holding her coffee. She slowly brought the coffee up to her lips, before she glanced over at me.

I tensed up a bit as I kept walking. I was hoping that she didn’t recognize me. For once when I saw a girl I was hoping that she wasn’t a fan of mine. I wanted to go through at least one day without worrying about giving someone a picture or an autograph.

She stared at me for a few seconds as I approached, a smirk dawned on her lips. The guys noticed her staring and started to look at me as well.

I knew that once I was within ear shot of her, she would speak. I knew that she would say something to me or about me. I was right, only she said the last thing that I expected her to say.

“Nice car,” she smirked.

I tried not to look taken a back as I nodded my head at her. “Uh…thanks,”

She nodded her head before taking a sip of her coffee. I slid my hands into my pockets and walked inside before things could become anymore awkward than they already were.

Surprisingly there wasn’t a long line. Many of the tables were full, but they were all filled with adults. I figured that I didn’t have much to worry about. I doubted that a mom would try and attack me here, but if one did, I wouldn’t be surprised. This would be the first time something like that happened.

Once I was at the register I order some coffee and a muffin. I wanted something light. I knew that my mom would make me a big lunch so I only needed something to hold me over until I got home.

I took a bite of my muffin as I headed towards the door with my coffee. I couldn’t remember the last time I had eaten a muffin. I leaned against the door to push it open since my hands were full.

I took another bite of my muffin as I walked through the parking lot. I looked up expecting to see my car, only to freeze mid step. My coffee slid out of my hand as well as my muffin. I quickly looked around hoping that I would see my car, but I didn’t. It was nowhere in sight.

My car had disappeared, and so had the three people that were in the front.
♠ ♠ ♠
A new idea that came to me, and i just couldn't say no to it lol

Please Comment, telling me what you think.

Comment//Subscribe please