Status: Started 9/26/2010

Invisible Handcuffs

Ten

I couldn’t explain my excitement the next day. I was just ready to work. I had put everything that happened the day before behind me. That seemed to be exactly what I needed. My mood picked up tremendously. Everything seemed to be okay with me, even waking up early for an interview didn’t bother me. I was just…happy.

“Hey peoples,”

I grinned as I jumped into the truck that was going to take me to my interview. As usual Kenny was in the passenger seat next to my driver. Scooter was seated in the next row by the window. In the back, I caught a glance of criminal on her phone.

“Someone’s in a good mood,” Kenny nodded.

“That’s rare,” I heard criminal mutter.

I turned in my seat, immediately falling short of what to say at the sight of her. I didn’t think that criminal could look more attractive to me then she had yesterday. She proved me wrong, just by wearing that outfit. An outfit as simple as that turned me on.

Her top was strapless and skintight. I could see her every curve, despite the fact that she was sitting down. She was voluptuous…not sexy but voluptuous. Her shorts, dangerously short. Whether they were short because she was sitting down or that was there length, I wasn’t sure. I was fine either way. Her long dark brown hair had been curled. It cascaded past her shoulders gently like a waterfall. Her soft lips had a light coat of lip gloss making them more inviting than before.

She looked up from her phone, her eyes meeting mine. The corners of her lips turned upwards until a smirk formed on her lips. Raising her brow as she stared she leaned back in her seat. She carefully tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, revealing her gold hoop earrings. “What?”

I only scanned her outfit in response, aware that I lingered in areas longer than needed. She rolled her eyes as she continued to smirk. “It’s hot outside,”

“I can see that,” I couldn’t resist looking her over again.

“I’m sorry do you have a problem?”

“None at all,”

“Then turn around,”

“As you wish sexy,”

“Excuse me?”

“Alright you two,” Scooter interrupted.

I chuckled as I turned back around in my seat. Flirting with her may not have been the smartest thing for me to do, but I couldn’t help it. She was tempting me. She should have known that I was going to say something about her outfit.

Soon we arrived at the radio station where my interview was going to be held. I jumped out of the car still in my good mood. Kenny followed closely behind me, Scooter following him. After a few minutes I found myself in the booth wearing headphones ready for my interview.

“And we are back,” the host, Mike spoke. “Here on Hot 93.6 FM. We have a special guest in the building with us that a few of you may know…”

“Hey guys, Justin Bieber here, what’s up?”

“That’s right we have Justin Bieber here, ladies please contain yourselves,”
I laughed as I began to turn in the chair slightly.

The interview soon became the same as previous ones. They asked about my hair, my career and a few jokes here and there. Everything was the same. I knew that they were saving my dating life for the end of the show.

“Still single I’m guessing?” They couldn’t have proved me more right.

“Yep. Single and ready to mingle,”

“So there’s no girl out there that has caught your eye yet?”

“I mean…there are some…but—”

“They just haven’t tied you down yet,”

“Exactly,” I nodded.

“See ladies there’s hope yet,”

“Yep,”

“So who’s she,”


I glanced in the direction that he was pointing; criminal. She stood in front of the glass along with everyone else. Her attention was facing downward, texting no doubt. Her hair created a curtain that hid her face. It wasn’t until Kenny tapped her that she looked up, finding Mike pointing at her. Her eyes widened slightly, similar to a deer in headlights. She slowly slid her phone into her bag as her gaze shifted to me.

That’s when she did the unexpected. She flashed her amazing smile and gave a flirtatious wave. Her face instantly brightened as she smiled.

I was stunned. Her smile was amazing, I always thought it was, but seeing her smile at me was a different story entirely. She had never given me a smile before. It was utterly amazing. The way that it caused her face to brighten, it was an amazing sight. My heart began to pound at how gorgeous she looked when she smiled. I could feel myself tensing up as I stared at her.

Images of yesterday began to flood my mind. The kiss. I instantly wanted to kiss her again. I wanted the rush. The way that she had made me felt, I wanted it all again. I need it all again.

My gaze never broke from hers. “She’s my personal assistant,”

“Ah, okay. So there’s nothing going on there, right?”

“Right,”
for the first time since criminal had been here. I regretted calling her just my personal assistant.