Status: Started 9/26/2010

Invisible Handcuffs

Seventeen

“That’s a rap everyone. Okay, everyone clean up and get ready for the next set!!” The director shouted.

The set for my U Smile video was going to be shot in the same location in New York, but there was still a lot that needed to be done. We were waiting for the girl that was going to be playing my love interest to show up, so we did all of my solo shots first. Honestly, I liked it better this way; I would be able to go home sooner if all of my shots were finished.

People immediately began to run around, either rushing to the next set or cleaning up the current one. Then there was criminal. Sitting in the chair, one leg crossed over the other, scrolling through her phone looking unfazed by the commotion going on around her. While some girls would girl to be on set with me while I was shooting a music video, criminal couldn’t be more miserable. She adjusted her snapback on top of her head as she continued to stare at her phone.

What I wouldn’t give to say that I wasn’t attracted to her. I wish I could say that Usher’s words weren’t still ringing in my head, but they were. He was completely convinced that I had feelings for her. I couldn’t even cope with the fact that I was attract to her, how was I going to handle the possibility that I might have feelings for her. I could have feelings for criminal because of a kiss.

I sucked my teeth snapping myself out of my thoughts. Criminal looked up at me with an expression on her face that could mean nothing more than “what are you staring at”. I only sucked my teeth again as I stared at her. Why did I have to be attracted to her?

“Are you going to keep staring like an idiot or are you going to say something?” she insulted.

“I haven’t decided yet.”

It was the truth. I knew that I was staring at her. I was trying to figure out why I could possibly have feelings for this girl. She was attractive, that I wouldn’t deny, but was that enough for me to have feelings for her.

“Well stop staring.” She stood up and began to walk away. “It’s weird” she mumbled.

I ignored her. I watched her walk away, still wondering why I could ever have feelings for her. She seemed to be everything that I wouldn’t want in a girl. We couldn’t be a worse couple if we were together. No amount of jealousy or the other people’s opinions could change that. I needed to find a way to get rid of these thoughts.

I shook my head before slipping my hands into my pockets and walking to the next set. I had bigger things to worry about right now than criminal. She wasn’t important.

I walked outside of the theater seeing that everything was almost finished for the next shoot. Standing in front of the director was a short blonde haired girl. She smiled as she nodded her head at the director’s words. I caught her eye, causing her to smile and wave. I smiled as I started to walk towards the two. She was attractive and probably a better match for me than criminal could ever be.

“Justin I’m glad you’re here,” the director spoke. “This is Madison, your leading lady. I’ll let you two get acquainted while I make sure everything is ready.”

I gave a small hey to Madison as the director walked away. She giggled as she flashed me with her pearly white teeth. “Hi Justin.”

“Excited?” I questioned with a smirk. I was making small talk while my eyes scanned her figure. She was attractive and eager, my type. The only problem was she wasn’t as attractive as criminal. I rid myself of those thoughts in time to here Madison’s reply. I could only nod as I gave her a vague response, so she wouldn’t know that I wasn’t listening.

I looked behind her, as Madison began to ramble about how excited she was to be here, to see criminal standing a short distance away. Her lips were formed into a smug smirk as she stared at us with her hand on her hip. I raised my brow in confusion causing her smirk to grow wider. She gave a quick chuckle as shook her head, her smirk never faltering.

She licked her lips as she continued to shake her head. “She won’t be as good as me.” She whispered.

I could make out her words clear as day. Every syllable that she had uttered, I had seen. I closed my eyes and shook my head hoping that I was imagining things. The last thing that I needed was for criminal to say something like that to me. I opened my eyes finding a smirk still present on her lips only her gaze was no longer set on me, but on her phone. I no longer knew if what I saw was real or not.

“Justin, are you okay?”

“Hm? Oh yeah I’m fine.” I lied to Madison.

I was the furthest thing from fine. Criminal was messing with my head. Whether she did it purposely, I don’t know, but I do know that she was messing with my head. I didn’t know how long I was going to be able to deal with this. Madison and I were called to the set, allowing me to distract myself from my thoughts.

At least temporarily.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you guys think about Justin's thoughts? How should he handle the situation?
What about criminal? Is she really messing with Justin's head or just being herself?

Thanks for Reading :) <3
Sorry for the wait

Comment//Subscribe//Recommend