Status: Started 9/26/2010

Invisible Handcuffs

Eight

I smiled as the camera flashed. I struck another pose before the camera flashed. I had been at the photo shoot for almost two hours now. The photo shoot hadn’t actually begun until half an hour ago. I had to go to wardrobe and hair when I first got here.

“Okay I think we have enough for now. Time to go to the next set people,” the photographer spoke.

I relaxed as a few crew members began to clean up the set. The few, who were helping, followed the photographer in the direction of the next set, down the corridor. They were a group of interns, assistants and those who were actually working on the set. There was an enormous amount of crew members for the photo shoot, yet I had still been here for hours.

Scooter began to follow the group down the corridor, motioning for me to follow. I pocketed my hands as I began to walk down the corridor. I mindlessly licked my lips as I began to drum my fingers to an imaginary beat. I glanced down at my shoes before looking forward. My lips turned upwards into a smirk as I spotted criminal walking a few steps ahead of me.

My eyes roamed her figure from behind, noticing the way that her hips swayed in her tight denim shorts. Her heels clicked against the floor as she walked. Her legs appeared longer, as if they were endless. Her blue and white striped shirt fit her without, hugging her curves. Her wavy brown hair bounced with each stride she made. For the first time, I noticed how...mature she looked. She was almost an adult herself. I didn’t know how old she was, but she had to be over 16.

She stopped walking as she shifted her weight onto her right leg. It was then that I realized why she had stopped. Everyone had entered the elevator, making it crowded. I was glad that I wasn’t in the elevator with them; my claustrophobia would only become worse.

She looked over her shoulder noticing that I was behind her. She rolled her eyes before facing forwards. She crossed her arms over her chest. She was annoyed, her body language made that clear. Her annoyance didn’t faze me; I had become accustom to this.

“It’s okay you don’t have to hide your feelings for me,” I smirked. She scoffed at my comment as she continued to look forward. She pressed the button on the elevator as she began to tap her foot.

“Don’t worry; I won’t hide my feelings of utter disgust any longer,”

I moved so that I was standing next to her. I leaned closer to her as I cupped my hand around my ear. “I’m sorry I didn’t hear you. What did my personal assistant say?”

Her eyes narrowed as she stared at the elevator doors. Her nostrils flared in anger. She ran her tongue across her teeth as she continued to glare at the elevator. The fire in her eyes was filled with nothing but pure hatred. If she could hurt me, she would. My smirk didn’t falter. I had grown to love aggravating her. It kept me entertained.

The elevator dinged as the doors opened. She muttered a finally under her breath before she walked inside of the elevator. I chuckled as I walked inside of the elevator. I stood on the opposite side of the elevator from criminal. I took a deep breath as the doors closed. I could feel myself becoming more claustrophobic by the second. I closed my eyes as I threw my head back, resting it against the elevator wall. I focused on my breathing as the elevator moved.

“Are you okay?” her voice wasn’t concerned but curious. She didn’t know how claustrophobic I was.

I stiffly nodded my head in response. I squeezed my eyes tighter as I continued to focus on my breathing. I wasn’t as bad as I had been in the past in elevators. There was once a time when I couldn’t stand being in an elevator without hyperventilating.

“Claustrophobic,” she quietly stated. I knew that she wasn’t asking me if I was; she was simply stating the obvious.

The sound of the elevator screeching caused my eyes to fly open. My heart began to race, that wasn’t a good sound. My thoughts were soon confirmed. The lights on the elevator flickered. The screeching grew loud. The elevator stopped, jolting me and criminal forward. I grabbed onto the railing quickly to keep myself stable. Criminal fell forward onto the opposite wall, using her hands to stop her from colliding with the wall.

My chest began to heave up and down rapidly. I felt as if I couldn’t breathe. We were stuck. I was claustrophobic and stuck on an elevator. I looked around noticing how small the elevator was, I felt trapped. The walls began to close in. breathing was become more and more difficult by the second.

“No, this isn’t happening,” I denied. I shook my head as my eyes darted back and forth. The room seemed to be getting smaller by the second.

“Justin…”

I didn’t hear her voice at all. All I could hear was my heart pounding in my ears. I closed my eyes as I gripped the railing tighter. My breathing was heavy and ragged; I was a few seconds away from hyperventilating.

“Oh Fuck,” criminal muttered.

I felt warm soft hands suddenly cup my face. The warmth was relaxing, almost calming. I could feel thumbs tracing small circles onto my cheeks, softly. “Look at me Justin,”

I slowly opened my eyes to find myself staring into criminal’s brown pools. I was instantly drawn into them. They were brown with small flecks of hazel in them. Her round orbs were almost child-like as she stared at me. For the first time, her eyes were filled with concern as she stared at me. I didn’t see the fire that her eyes normally held. I was comforted by the amount of warmth and worry that her eyes held. Her eyes shone brighter because of her emotions. They could only be described as captivating.

I could feel myself calming down slightly as I stared at her. I was still breathing heavily, but it was no longer a hassle. I no longer so the walls shrinking, all I could see was her amazing eyes.

She bit her lip as she continued to stare at me. She slowly licked her lip gloss covered lips as she stopped tracing circles on my cheek. She dropped one of her hands from my face slowly, never breaking eye contact. Instead, she rested her hand on my chest as the other remained on my cheek.

She leaned forward, gently pressing her lips to mine, causing my mind to draw a blank.