Status: Paused

Oh, What a Year...

I'm walking on broken glass from the wreckage of my past

Last chapter
“Reasons that you wont ever find out.” His face went blank and I couldn’t read his emotions no more. I can tell that he one of those people that doesn’t trust many people and has built a huge wall up to keep people out. But now I’m determined to make him trust me so I can find out what he’s hiding. I’m determined.

SART
===================LATER THAT NIGHT===================
I decided that I would stay another night seeing as I was still in pain and I was getting really dizzy at random times. Also, Jesse told me that it was better for me if I stayed so his nurse could keep watch over me to make sure that I’m not suffering from a major concussion. Jacky and Lynne had to go home because their parents wanted them home. So it was just Jesse, Rylee, Andy, and me sitting around the coffee table in the entertainment room talking and sharing our funny and most remembered moments.
“So then Baker started to sing randomly Why Can’t We Be Friends in class and everyone started to sing along. Mrs. Ryan got so pissed cause she was trying to teach us about Hitler and the Nazis. That was probably the best history class that year.” Andy finished up telling a story about me which had everyone laughing at my antics that I had in history class my junior year.
“That reminds me of a time me and Jesse were on the roof talking just after a storm had passed. We were randomly yelling random stuff to the sky. Then a person had started doing to same thing across the street. The guy yelled: I GAVE MY WIFE CRABS AND SHE LEFT ME! I HATE MY LIFE!! Then some other person towards the end of the street yelled something about making a sex video and her husband left her cause of it and that she hated her life. We got the whole neighborhood to admit something embarrassing. Probably the highlight of last years summer I think.” Rylee finished her story and I just looked at her with my mouth agape and then I busted into fits of laughter.
“Hey Baker you have yet to share some funny story with us. Its your turn now.” Jesse stated and now all eyes were on me.
“Well, hmm… Oh I know one. Me and my mom were walking the beach at night last year and we noticed a couple going at it pretty intensely so we just minded our own business and kept on going. Then we heard a scream from the guy and he sounded very much in pain. So me and my mom went over to make sure the guy was alright and he screamed at us saying no he wasn’t that he had just got his dick pinched my a crab. That was most likely one of the funniest thing that happened that summer.” I finished my story and Andy and Jesse were holding their manhood knowing the pain the guy was in from the crab.
“I thought Jacky putting on a DD bra and a G-string on in Victoria Secret dancing to my humps was the funniest thing last year?” Andy pointed out.
“That was funny but Jacky does that a lot.” We all laughed at that statement. “I think its your turn Jesse. You made me go so its only fair.”
“I pick the same story as Rylee.”
“You can’t do that. You have to pick a different one.”
“Ugh! Fine I will. Let me think for a minute.” It was silent for a few minutes before he started talking again. “Well its not funny but it’s the one memory I remember the best and like.” He paused and looked to the floor for a minute before he began his memory. “I was at the mall a few years ago wandering around minding my own business. I walked into Macy’s and was looking at some new clothes near the changing room when I heard a weird noise. It sounded like a dog yelping. So I went into the changing room to find out what it was when I walked in on this couple almost having sex. I awkwardly walked away trying to erase the image from my mind but the girl then let out a scream which made me realize that she wasn’t enjoying herself at all and needed help. I turned around and pulled the guy off her and kicked the hell out of him basically. After I did that I grabbed the girls hand and dragged her out of the store and to safety. I made sure she was ok and everything then we went to go eat at the food court. We talked for hours and we learned a lot about each other. At the end of the day I ended up with the best girlfriend I could ask for, Harper.” Jesse finished the story and silence washed over us. I could tell that, that memory was one that he held dearly to. But the curiosity of what happened to them got to me.
“Jesse, what happened to you an Harper? If she was so amazing what happened?” I asked soon regretting that I did.
“None of your business.” He snapped at me. He go up in one swift motion and left the room to upstairs most likely to his room. Everyone just looked around at each other in confusion. Andy was the first to speak.
“It’s getting late. I should prob head home before my mom flips on me.” With that we all got up and said bye to Andy and he left.
“I’m going to go check on Jesse.” Rylee got up and headed upstairs to Jesse’s room. Not knowing what to do I gave myself a tour of the house. I looked around on the first floor finding the kitchen, an office, the dinning room, the garage with two amazing sports cars, two bathrooms, and a library with an attached sun room. This house is by far amazing even though I have only seen the first floor. I kept looking around and I found a door that I haven’t yet been in yet. So I opened it and found stairs leading down. I descended down them and found myself in the basement. ’This house just keeps getting bigger’ I found that it was just like the family room upstairs. It had a big screen TV and a couch and two love seats. But unlike the one upstairs this one has a bunch of shelves stacked with DVD’s. I turned the light on so I could see the room more clearly instead of what the light from the door allows me to see. I stepped further into the now lighted room and noticed that there was a computer in the far left of the room, but that wasn’t all that interesting to me like the movies were. Once I got to the movies I started going through them. Inception, Sherlock Holmes, Grown Ups, The Harry Potter movies, Avatar, Back To The Future movies, Indiana Jones, and the Home Alone movies. Then I came across a movie that I have been wanting to see for a long time, The Blair Witch Project. I took out the movie and put it into the DVD player and pressed play. I turned the lights off and sat in the middle of the couch wrapped in a blanket I found draped over the ledge of the couch. I stared at the screen while the movie began to play.

==============Rylee’s POV==============
I left Hanna downstairs to do whatever while I went to go check on my cousin to make sure that he’s ok. I got to his room and heard his stereo on loud playing A Day To Remember. I knew that he wouldn’t here me if I knocked so I let myself in. There Jesse was, just laying on his bed with the pillow over his head.
“You can’t keep the pillow there forever ya know. You will eventually need air.” I said loud enough for him to hear me while I pulled the pillow off.
“Ever thought that maybe I don’t want air?” He said pulling the pillow from my hands and placing it back on his face. Getting frustrated, I yanked it back off and chucked it across the room at the stereo. This got his attention because he sat straight up and gave me the death look. Now the death look is probably the worst look you could ever get from him. It makes you want to wish you were dead than have Jesse give you that look. Thankfully I’m used to the death look that it has no affect on me.
“You know just as well as I do that has no affect on me so just save it.” I snapped at him.
“What do you want Ry’s? I don’t have time for you.” Jesse sighed and got up to turn the stereo down and retrieve his pillow.
“You don’t have time for me? Am I interrupting your special time with your pillow? Well sorry Cuzzo, I’m not leaving till you talk to me.” I took a seat at the end of his bed and waited for him to talk.
“I don’t even know what you want to talk about.” Jesse sighed and then sat up looking at me. “But fine, lets talk.”
“Ok, so what was with the freak out not to long ago?”
“Do you really have to ask that Ry’s? Out of all people you should know why I freaked out.”
“Actually I don’t understand why you did. You just told your most happiest memory and then you jump down someone’s throat for asking a question about it. I don’t get it.” I said.
“You have no idea how hard sharing that memory was. Then for her to ask what happened… Well that brought the memory of what did happen. It was like a movie playing in my head. I saw everything again. Them taking her away, the phone call from her and hearing her in pain, finding her all battered and bruised in the middle of the floor like a rag doll being thrown around. All the blood that was shed that day! I saw it all, and… I don’t know I just freaked out knowing that’s how things ended between me and Harper.” Jesse’s face had gone hard and was emotionless. I could tell he was trying to hold back tears that wanted to escape.
“I know its hard but come one Jesse, you can’t always yell at people when they asked what happened. Just tell them that she moved and you couldn’t deal with long distance.” I mentioned.
“I could but that still doesn’t hide the fact that what happened to Harper was my fault. That she almost got killed cause of me. I will always live with the guilt of it and I don’t know how long I can keep running from them either.” Now I could tell that there was a lot of distress in his voice.
“Don’t worry about that now. When David and Tony see any sign of trouble they will tell you and by the time it comes you will be ready. Now until then I left Hanna downstairs to roam around. You left her in sock and I think she felt really bad about asking you that question. Go find her and tell her that your sorry.” I said getting up and walking out of the room. I closed the door and went across the hall to my room and sat down on my bed with my laptop. I then heard Jesse exit his room and head downstairs. I smiled at my victory and continued listening to music.

============== Hanna’s POV==============
I was now thirty minutes into the movie and I was getting ready to crap myself. Just as something was about to happen in the movie a hand came down on my shoulder. I must have jumped at least fifty feet in the air and I let out the loudest scream possible. Just then the lights were turned on and I found out that I had nothing to be afraid of, it was only Jesse.
“Sorry I scared you. I didn’t know you were watching this movie.” He said just standing there awkwardly.
“Its ok, you had no idea. Want to watch the movie with me? I’m kind of scared out of my wits right now.” I let out a sheepish laugh and turned back to the movie as Jesse took a seat next to me.
“Hey about earlier.” I turned to look at him as he continued. “I’m really sorry I snapped at you. It has nothing against you at all, its just a touchy subject for me to talk about. You had no idea and I’m really sorry.” he said that not even taking his eyes off the movie.
“You have nothing to be sorry about. I was prying and I shouldn’t of. So I’m sorry.” I said turning my attention back to the movie just as something happened to one of the kids. Since I have a low tolerance for scary movies I jumped and let out a little scream and hugged the blanket even closer to my body as I was hiding my face. Then I heard a low chuckle from Jesse.
“You think this is funny?! This movie is scary as hell!” I looked at him wide eyed.
“Not the movie, you. Why are you watching this if your so scared of it?”
“I was curious about how scary it was.”
“I think you found out. But that’s just my guess.” He said just before I screamed again. “Good thing we’re in the basement or Rylee might think I’m trying to kill you.” I took my head and hide it in his arm to shield my eyes from the scream and all he did was laugh some more. Then he got of the couch and started to walk to the door.
“NO! Don’t leave me, please. I can’t handle watching this movie alone.” I said in a fake crying voice.
“Don’t worry I’m not leaving I’m just changing the movie.” He said as he turned the lights on and made his way to the movie collection that they have going on. He picked out a movie and put it in the DVD player after taking out The Blair Witch Project. Jesse took his seat right next to me again and went to the movies menu. I found out that he put in Avatar.
It was now half and hour into the movie and I have lost a little interest. So I turned to Jesse and asked him something. “Jesse?”
“Yeah?” his attention was now on me.
“You don’t have to answer but what did Rylee talk to you about?”
“She wanted to know why I freaked out like I did when you asked me the question.” I could tell that he was holding a little more information back and I wanted to know what.
“Oh, I know we already went over this and please don’t freak out again, but what did happen with you and Harper?” I asked hoping he won’t freak out like he had last time.
“You won’t rest until you find out huh?” I shook my head and he continued. “Well it wasn’t a break up that we both wanted but I thought that it was best for us. You see, something happened and she got hurt and it was my fault. She then moved so I broke up with her. I couldn’t do long distance and I was still blaming myself for what happened. She could see I was too so she agreed that it was for the best.” He ended the story and I looked him in the eye to see if he was telling the truth or not and I found nothing at all. Nothing but a blank lifeless stare.
“Jesse, why do you hide your emotions? Like when I look you in the eye like I am now, I don’t see any emotion. Why are you hiding?”
“You could never understand why.” He turned back to the movie and I could tell that he didn’t want to talk about this any more but I couldn’t help but get mad at that. It seems like whenever he doesn’t want to face an issue he runs from it.
“Why are you running?” I ask still not paying attention to the movie.
“Excuse me?” now he has his whole body turned towards me.
“Why are you running? It seems like whenever I ask you a question that you don’t like you run away from it and ignore it. Why?” I turned my body towards him too.
“You wouldn’t understand what I have been through in my life. I’m not running at all, I’m protecting you. If you knew what has happened in my life. What I have gone through or anything that I have done I would be putting you in danger. Understand this Hanna, if you knew anything about me you would be scared of me and want out of this house right now. You wouldn’t want anything to do with me. So running from your questions is exactly what’s keeping you here right now.” I was in complete shock. How bad could his life have been?
“Jesse, you make yourself out to be some kind of killer. I can tell that your not.”
“You don’t know what you can tell. You see what I portray myself to be. You don’t see the real me.” He looked away at the TV to make it seem like he was then again interested in what was happening.
“Don’t we all do that? Don’t we all just put on a smile and make people think we are ok? We are all just actors. You don’t think I’m hiding stuff, but I am. I’m hiding a lot of things and dwelling on a lot of actions I have made in the past. But regret’s a waste of time and I found out that plans will change no matter what you do to make them not to. Jesse what happened in your past can’t all be your fault. And even if it is its in the past so just let it stay there. Stop letting it hold you back and life your life happy and with no secrets.” After my little speech Jesse turned back towards me.
“I can’t live like that. If my secrets got out I would be endangering everyone close to me. And you have no idea what happened in my past. Most of what everything happens to people is my fault. You may think that since it was all in the past that it will stay there, but your wrong Hanna. You don’t know what my past holds.” He said getting up and walking towards the door.
“I may not know what it holds but Jesse I want to find out. Please tell me.” I said as he stopped at the door leading up the stairs.
“Hanna, if I told you what my past holds, you would be a liability and put in danger and I can't have that happen to you.”
“Why not?”
“Because I don’t want to see you hurt. I’m going to bed. I’ll drive you home tomorrow when you get up. There is a guest bedroom next to my room, that is where you can sleep tonight.” and with that Jesse left leaving me pondering in my thoughts about what could have happened in his past that makes him distant himself so much from others.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait. I had a writers block. And yay I got a subscriber! Comment and let me know what you think. Subscribe and I'll love you forever =]