Living In Shadows

Living In Shadows ll Ryan ll Chapter 2

"Who the hell is that ?" Hailey whispered as she was pointing at the person behind the McDonald's counter.
"She's the new counter worker!" Pete explained.
"I can't even see her face!" said Frank.

It was true. The new worker wore a dark navy blue sweater with a hood on.

"My mom brought me and my little sister here last night!" Pete told them quietly.
"And when you get up close, she looks like a girl !" explained Pete again.
"Of course she's a girl ! You sure don't know fashion and how girls look like... and thats a good thing you know that your mom's a girl as well as your sister, or else there would be something wrong with you!" laughed Hailey.
"Come on... let's get our milk shakes!" said Avril walking up to the counter.

"One chocolate milk shake, please!" said Avril in a nice voice.
All a sudden, the girl behind the counter looked up with red eyes that seemed to stare right through Avril.
The counter girl, which she was a new worker, didn't even smile, she was really pale like snow white, she looked like she was..... sick.
Silently, she made the milk shake with slow movement like a sloth, than sat it in front of Avril.

"That'll be one- fifty!" the girl said with a voice that sounded that she was talking in her sleep.
Avril gulped, and pulled out a dollar and than two quarters out of her jean pockets. When Avril handed over the money, and noticed the girl's name tag. It said RYAN in big pink letters that had a 'M' sign underneath.

Avril grabbed the milk shake to a far end corner table and waited for her friends to arrive with their milk shakes, and all a sudden they spoke in high voices.

All a sudden, the girl behind the counter looked up with red eyes that seemed to stare right through Avril.
The counter girl, which she was a new worker, didn't even smile, she was completely pale just like snow white ... she looked like she was... sick.
Silently, she made the milk shakes with slow movements like a sloth, than sat it in front of Avril.

"That'll be one- fifty!" the girl said, that sound that that she was talking in her sleep" said Ryan.
Avril gulped, and pulled out a dollar and than 2 quarters out of her jean pockets. As Avril handed over the money, she noticed that the girl's name tag. It said RYAN in big pink letters with a letter 'M' underneath the name.
Avril toke the milk shake to a far end corner to a table and waited for her friends. When they arrived with their milk shakes, they spoke in really high pitched voices.

"Did you see that girl's eyes?" asked Frank.
"I think she was up all night milking the cows to make these milk shakes!" said Frank as a joke.
"Shh !" said Avril.
"Maybe she's sick, and she can't help how her face, and her eyes look like!" said Avril again.
"If she's sick! Then she could be at home in bed, not making my milk shakes, I don't want to end up with red eyes too!" said Frank in a loud voice.
Hailey giggled.
"Red eyes would actually match with my red hair perfectly, or even red highlights too!" said Hailey in a happy voice.
"And also Ryan's syrup!" said Pete in a disgusted face, pointing towards the counter.

They all stared at Ryan. Ryan silently scooped a big blob of pink ice- cream into a dish, and than poured a heavy red liquid on top. Ryan took the dish to a small table in the back where she stuck her pale face close to the dish with ice- cream, and started slurping.

"Yuck !" said Hailey quietly.
"Doesnt she have any manners?" asked Hailey.

Avril nervously took a sip of her chocolate milk shake and continued watching Rayn lick the red syrup. When Ryan finished, she looked up with her red eyes. Avril chocked on her milk shake, when she noticed how the sticky red syrup dripping down Ryan's chin. It looked just like BLOOD.