Living In Shadows

Living In The Shadows ll Pete's Research ll Chapte

“You’re right! I don’t want to hear anything except to listen to music and my kicking of my soccer ball!” said Frank happily doing kick ups with his soccer ball.
“You won’t be hearing that after school. Because you have to stay home to finish your math homework! GOSH!” complained Hailey.
“Hell no! I planned to get another milkshake after school!” complained Frank.
Pete shook his head. “You might change your mind when you hear that I found out when I was researching.” Pete told Frank.
“Let me guess…, you found out there’s something scary about kids who do research for fun?” laughed Frank.
“No! Laugh all you want to…” said Pete.
“Then you’re not as smart as I thought you were, everybody knows normal kids don’t do research unless they have to!” Frank laughed again.
“Well…, I had to … because it was a matter of life and death!” Pete told Frank.
“Since when is research a mater of life and death?” asked Hailey.
“Since when Mrs. Doorknob became our teacher, I was trying to find out about vampires when I stumbled across something. Its right over here, in this book!” said Pete.
Pete held up his big heavy book with a tattered cover which has kind of ripped edges. He opened the book to a where a book mark was laid. Then he read in a soft voice that his friends had to crowd close in just to hear him clearly.
“In the world of living shadows, … vampires depend on help from ghouls to survive. Half dead and half living, ghouls travel around the earth looking for perfect homes where families of vampires can live safely. The ghouls’ lives are full of plenty of sorrow and they rarely smile. Without these protective and trustworthy spies…, vampires would be in great DANGER!” read Pete.
“This proves nothing!” laughed Frank.
“Frank’s right! What does this have to do with us?” asked Hailey.
“Weren’t you listening? Ryan said that she’s looking for the perfect house for a … family!” said Pete slowly.
Just then, Aly screamed.
“Oh… my… GOSH!!!! You’re … telling us… that Ryan… is … a … vampire-spying… ghoul!!??” screamed Aly.