Status: im back and writing again! (:

Is This Real... Or Am I Dreaming

ten.

When I walked through the front door, the first thing I did was kick off my shoes and drop my book bag on the floor. I heard dishes clanking against each other in the kitchen, which meant my mom, was washing dishes? Huh? I can’t remember the last time she did that, she would usually just put all her dishes on the counter for me to wash.

“Mom?” I asked as I cocked my head to the right while raising an eyebrow at her. Her back was facing me and she was standing at the sink.

“Hi, honey! Why are you late?” she turned around to face me. Guess I was wrong about the wrath. She didn’t even seem angry, just curious.

“Since when do you care?” after I said that she sent me a little glare over to me. “Detention.” I answered her question.

“Oh, why?” she furrowed her eyebrows.

“Fifth tardy.” I answered simply. I got an apple out of the fruit dish and bit into it.

“Okay. Soo? How was the weekend with Micah?”

“Oh, my God! The best ever! Thanks by the way. I called you a couple of times, but every time it went to voicemail.” I gushed to her.

“Oh, yeah, I was uh… busy. Sorry. So come sit down. I need to tell you.”

I followed my mom to the table and sat across from her while biting my bottom lip, worried about what she was going to tell me, finally.

“So, um, we’re moving.” She said quietly.

“What was that? I didn’t hear you.” I asked.

“River, we’re moving.” She looked down at her hands that were placed on the table.

“What? Where? When? Why?” I outraged and stood up.

“I need a new beginning. Things have been going downhill for me lately and I feel like I need to get out of here in order to turn it all around. I miss the relationship we used to have, River. Please understand.”

“Where and when?” I asked slowly while crossing my arms across my chest and giving my mom a scowl.

“Uh, this weekend. And you’ll see when we get there. I think I’ve told you enough. You might want to start packing your things. I started to move some furniture out of your room. Good night sweetie, please understand.” She got up and gave me a light hug and a kiss on the forehead. I didn’t bother moving my arms to embrace her. I was too mad at the moment, but I have to admit, feeling my mom’s protective arms around me again felt nice. It’s been too long to remember when she last did that. While I was still standing in the kitchen going over in my head what just happened. Moving? Is she serious? She’s expecting me to leave my best friend since kindergarten?

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and opened a new text message to send to Micah. I typed in ‘Moving. That was the news. Give you more deets 2mrw morn.’. I then turned off my phone, not feeling up to talking to her at the moment and went upstairs. I was too mad to eat or sleep, so I decided to start packing. It had to get done sometime and I figured this was a good time to start.

What a great way to end the most terrific day! Right? Note the sarcasm.