Status: im back and writing again! (:

Is This Real... Or Am I Dreaming

thirty two.

The sun was shining through my window when I woke up the next day, while I rubbed my eyes and stretched from the long and needed sleep, I realized that I was seventeen. Whoo. Hope you know I’m being sarcastic. Why? Well, it’s simply just another birthday; just one more closer to dying. Wow, I sound like Bella Swan from Twilight now. Oh jeeze. And I know I said I was somewhat excited before, but I don’t know. I guess you could say that I was in the in between of being excited and not so much.
I laid in bed, just thinking about today and what’ll happen and thinking about all my past birthdays. So far, the best birthday that I’ve had, was my sixteenth. I got everything I wanted and it was a nice small gathering with Micah and my mom. Perfect for me; having a big party isn’t my thing, and I’ve probably already told you that before. Because every time I’ve heard of someone having one of those big and fancy parties, an unwanted dilemma always pops up. And with small parties, you don’t have to worry about not having enough of everything for the guests, drama, and etcetera. And what does all that cause? Stress. And I don’t need that.
I decided to finally get up, since my thoughts stopped running around in my head and I didn’t have anything else to do. I changed out of my shorts and into a pair of comfy sweats and put a long sleeve shirt on in place of my tank and went downstairs. My mom was still asleep since she wasn’t in the kitchen or living room. And I don’t blame her at all, today was Saturday, and after waking up at four- thirty every morning, she deserves to sleep in. Usually I sleep in, too, but since I forgot to close my blinds last night and having the sun stream in my window to wake me up and my thoughts catching up to me, I couldn’t go back to sleep.
I made myself a vanilla cappuccino with my mom’s new machine that she got last week and sat at the kitchen table sipping the hot drink while staring out the window. I didn’t know what time it was, but I didn’t care at the moment.
I started to get hungry, so I decided that I would make myself some waffles with the Belgian waffle maker that my mom also got. I love Belgian waffles, they’re always better than the original waffles, I don’t know why though. I just like them more.
I was almost done making the waffles with the batter that I made when my mom came down from upstairs. I already made a pot of coffee for her, so she didn’t have to bother with it.
“Happy birthday, sweetie. Why are you making your breakfast? I should be the one doing that for you.” Was the first thing my mom said to me.
“Eh, it’s fine. I woke up at, well I don’t know what time, and started to get hungry, so I made myself breakfast. And I didn’t bother waking you up, since you worked all this week.” I said while finishing up the last waffle.
“Oh, okay. Well are you excited for your party tonight?” she said while fixing up a plate for her and me. I just looked at her with a straight face answering her question and she just laughed at me.
“I know you’re not much for big parties, but I thought it was nice of Megan to plan this for you.” She said considerately.
“Yeah, I’m glad that she did, but I just wish it was a small party, just at home, and that Micah could come.” I told her while looking down at my food.
“I understand.” She replied while nodding. “Is Justin coming at all before the party?” she asked and I shrugged. I honestly didn’t know. I can’t remember what he said if he was going to come by my house before the party or not. But it didn’t really matter because I had a fulfilling day ahead of me, thanks to Megan. We had to decorate the whole rec center for tonight which would take some time and then we had to get ready. And since the party starts at six tonight and its now almost noon, I didn’t have much time.
Just then the doorbell rang and looking out the window of the kitchen I found that it was Justin at the door, so I guess that answered me and my mom’s question. I quickly set my plate in the sink and walked over to the foyer to answer the door. Once the door was all the way open and I was standing right in front of him, I leaped into his arms. Seeing his face always made me happy, even if I was in a foul mood. He just had that affect on me.
“Happy birthday, baby.” He whispered in my ear before attaching our lips.
“Thanks.” I said after our short kiss. I pulled him inside by linking our fingers and into the kitchen.
“Hey, Amy.” He greeted my mom. She replied with a wave since she had a mouthful of waffle. They started talking once my mom was done with her bite and I went over to do the breakfast dishes that were in the sink. When I finished with the dishes and Justin and my mom were done talking, I went back over to Justin. I held onto both of his hands with both of mine and smiled up at him, silently asking him for something.
“What do you want?” he said with a smirk.
“Just a kiss.” I said simply. He gladly obliged and gave me a short peck, since my mom was right in front of us.
“So do you have any presents for me?” I grinned.
“That was your present.” He said, meaning the kiss we just shared. I looked at him with an ‘are you serious’ kind of look, then he just laughed. “Kidding. Yes, I do.” He smiled his smile that I love oh so much.
“Can I have them?” I said excitedly.
“Nope.” He replied, popping the ‘p’.
“Why not?” I said a little bit angrily.
“Not until tonight.” He smirked.
“Fine.” I huffed while the house phone rang. I let my mom get it, since Justin and I were having one of our staring things where we just gaze at each other lovingly. Our friends make fun of us for doing it, but most of the time; we don’t even notice it ourselves because we do it so much.
“River, the phone’s for you. I think it’s Megan.” My mom said, interrupting me and Justin. I pulled away from him, and walked over to my mom to get the phone.
“Hello?”
“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” Megan shouted, making me pull the phone away from my ear. Justin chuckled, hearing her.
“Uh, hi, Megan. Thanks.” I said.
“So I was wondering if I could pick you up at two, so we can go over and decorate for tonight. And then after, we can go to your house to get ready for the party. Does that sound alright to you?” she asked.
“Sure thing. I’ll see you at two. Bye!” I responded. I heard her say something as I was hanging up the phone, cutting her off. But all I wanted to do was get back to Justin so I didn’t give a care. Since she was going to be picking me up at two, I had just an hour and a half with Justin and I wanted to make sure not to waste a single minute of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
still writing! (:

comment = next chapter... please?