This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-12

"That will be all for today," Your boss, Jamie, said to you. She handed you a little Jack Russel Terrier, "Just drop off Tramp on your way home."

You took the dog into your arms, "I will." you turned and walked out of the doors of the Animal shelter and looked down at Tramp, "Are you excited to go home, Tramp?" you talked to the little dog, "I bet you are." You opened the back seat door and placed Tramp inside. You closed the door and walked around the the drivers side, "We have to make a stop first. I have to pick up a friend."

Tramp barked,

"I know you're anxious," you turned back to him, "but I promised him a favor. Bye the way, you'll be having some company back there. And by company I mean two border collies."

He sat his head down and whimpered

"Don't worry," you said as you started up the car, "They shouldn't be much trouble," (A human and dog conversation. God, I'm retarded)You backed the car out of the parking spot and drove out of the Animal Shelter driveway. You took one hand and fished through your bag to find Dan's directions. Once found, you followed the directions written down and soon found yourself up to his house. You honked your horn, and as if expecting it, he came out of the house and ran up to your car.

"Hey, Deana." he smiled as he sat in the passengers seat.

You grinned back at him, "Hey, Dan. Whats up?"

He shrugged, "I don't know. Ceiling?" You rolled your eyes. Dan looked at your uniform, "So do you work at like a pet shop or something?" Dan queried

"The pound," you counterclaimed,

"Wow, really?"

Tramp barked from the back seat. "Oh, by the way, this is Tramp. He's going to be hitching a ride with us. You mind?"

"No, I love dogs." Dan said

"Okay, but I should warn you. Tramp..."

But before you could finish Tramp had leaped up front onto Dan's lap and jumped up and began giving him doggy kisses.

"He's a jumper," you laughed, "And a licker,"

"I can see that," He chuckled. "Who named him Tramp?"

"I did,"

"How come?"

"He reminded me a lot of Tramp from Lady and the Tramp. He was dirty and jumpy, and the dog catcher had a hell of a time trying to catch him." Dan laughed at that. You leaned over to scratch Tramp's head "You had us scared for awhile. We almost had to put you down."

"You almost put him down?"

You nodded sadly, "Yeah, no one was interested in taking him for awhile. I had to go around the entire neighborhood with fliers trying to get people interested. But it all worked out in the end, as you can see."

Tramp sat calmly on Dan's lap and rested his head down with a sigh.

"I think he likes you,"

He smiled, "So you must really like animals if you're working at the pound."

"Yeah, I love animals." you leaned over and scratched Tramp's head, "Especially dogs. I always wanted a Jack Russel Terrier, though"

"You ever had one?" Dane questioned, "A dog, I mean,"

You nodded, "A Doberman Pinscher and a Pitbull."

Dan's eyes widened. "No kidding."

You giggled, "My dad chose the breeds. The Doberman was named Honda and the Pitbull was Copper."

"They had strange names." Dan noted

"And Binka and Nugget aren't?" you shot back at him.

"My mother chose those names," he corrected you

You shook your head, "I make a turn up here, right?"

"Yep," he directed you. You drove for a while longer and talked until you reached the groomers. He went inside shortly came out with two jumpy Border Collies. He opened the back seat and helped them in before taking his own seat. There you talked more during the drive to his house. You felt relaxed and untensed at all. Dan was never how you imagined him. Finally you drove up to the driveway of his house.

"Thanks again for driving me around," he said, "I owe you one."

You flashed him a smile, "No problem. I'll see you later."

He smiled back, "Bye Deana,"

You turned your back around and backed out of the driveway, "Now we gotta drop you off, Tramp."