This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-15

"De! Are you ready?"

"In a minute!" you called from the bathroom holding a curling iron.

"Well hurry up!" Teresa called back, "I don't want to be late for the party,"

"It was your idea for me to curl my hair!" you accused, attempting another curl,

"Your fault for listening!"

You rolled your eyes. You twirled another curl in your hair and let it fall down, but quickly flattened out like the rest of the hairs. This really bugged you and finally you hung up the curling iron and unplugged it. "Alright, lets go."

Teresa came up to you, "I thought you were curling your hair."

"I was," you told her, grabbing your brown jacket, "But it won't stay because my hair is as stubborn as I am."

"That's for sure," Teresa commented. She looked down at your jacket, "Deana, why do you have to wear that?"

You looked at yourself, "What's wrong with it?"

"It's old and it has a hole," she said pointing out the hole on your elbow

"So?" you said, "It's still wearable," Teresa rolled her eyes, "And my mother gave it to me before I left."

She backed off, "Sorry,"

You sighed, "That's alright. It's just a little hard to let go after..."

"We don't have to talk about it right now," she stopped you, "Let's just go."

You smiled, "Yeah, I'm sure you don't want to keep Oliver waiting."

She laughed, "No I don't,"

***at Tom's house***

"Hey you two."

"Hey, Tom," you smiled,

"Nice of you to join us," he smirked

"It was her fault," Teresa blamed, pointing her thumb at you

"You're the one who told me to curl my hair," you accused

"Well you didn't have to listen to me,"

"Oh come on," you complained, "You were like 'Deana, you should curl your hair. it would look really pretty. Try putting in curls. It would look sooooooo cute. bla bla bla...'"

"Save the drama for the stage, you two," Tom rolled his eyes as he lead you inside,

"Please," you said, "When it comes to theater, there's more drama going offstage than on it."

"And we know that from experience," Teresa added,

"I'm sure you do," Tom laughed.

"Hey, you guys made it!" Emma called as you entered the living room. You saw inside also was Oliver, James, Katie, Rupert, and Dan.

"Yes, yes." Teresa said dramatically, "We have arrived."

"No autographs, please," You joined with her. "So what did we miss?"

"Nothing much," Katie answered, "We all sort of just got here, and right now we're thinking of what to do."

"The only ideas we've come up with," James told you, "was Spin the Bottle and Seven minutes in Heaven."

"I wanted to play that," Tom said

"Tom," Emma replied, "Not all of us are as comfortable with kissing games as you are."

"And why should those who are have to suffer for those who are a little afraid of kissing?" Tom said jokingly

"I know!" Teresa shouted, "Let's do Truth or Dare!"

"Yeah, that sounds like fun," James said

"Yeah," Oliver agreed

"Sounds fun,"

"Let's do it,"

"That's just as bad as the Kissing games," you said, "I don't want to play,"

"Let's take a vote," Katie announced, "Those who want to play, raise their hands." All but you and Dan raised, "Those who don't now raise theirs." you and Dan raised,

"You guys can still play," you said just as everyone was beginning to whine, "Dan and I will just watch,"

"Okay, I'll start," Emma looked at Tom, "Tom, truth or dare?"

Tom thought for a moment and said, "Truth,"

"Okay," Emma said, "Who do you think is the hottest person in this room?"

"That's an easy one," Tom said, "It's Teresa," he looked over to Oliver, "Sorry mate, but can you blame me?"

"Nope," Oliver smiled, "I can't"

"I wanna ask," Teresa raised her hand, "James, truth or dare?"

"Dare," he stated

"I dare you," Teresa began with a devilish smile, "To make out with Rupert for a good five seconds."

Everyone began roaring with laughter as Rupert and James gain horror struck faces, "That's not fair," James shouted, "It's like kissing my brother."

"You chose dare," Teresa grinned proudly. James groaned as he went over to Rupert with almost everyone chanting his name. I won't go into detail, but they were pretty grossed out, both during and after the dare.

"I hate you so much," James said, "How would you like it if I dared you to make out with Deana?"

"I would ask you 'How long and can we do it naked?' " she said. She looked over to me, "In fact, how about we show them how to do a real kiss, De"

You laughed, "Must we?"

"Please?"

"Maybe later," you said, "but I'm staying out of the game, remember?"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," she groaned

"Alright, Tree," James continued, "Truth or Dare?"

"Stick me with a dare." Teresa said confidently.

He gave her a sly grin, "Alright, Miss Dare Devil. I dare you to go into the neighbors yard, lift up your shirt and press your chest onto the screen door."

Teresa stood up, and stood in a superheroes position "I must do what I must do," and took off out the door. Everyone followed her up to the door and stood and watched her do her dare.

"Hey, Deana," Dan whispered to you. You turned your head, "Want to go outside?"

"Why?"

"Because knowing them," he said, "If we stick around we're gong to get pulled into this game."

"That would be no surprise from Tree," you said. "She already made one attempt," You looked back at the group and saw they were paying no attention to you and Dan. "Let's go before they notice us."

Dan helped you to your feet, "The back doors over here," he took your hand and led you to a sliding screen door, and the two of you exited the house