This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-17

"Thanks for giving me a ride home," Teresa said to Katie and Emma.

"It's no problem." Emma smiled, "Deana seemed really upset. I'm sure she just needed some time alone."

"I just don't understand what happened." Teresa said, "One minute she was leaving the house with Dan looking like she had won the lottery. And then she ran back to the car in tears."

"Well if De doesn't tell you anything," Katie assured, "the boys are going to talk to Dan and find out what happened."

"I still think you two should come with me to talk to her."

"She won't tell us anything," Katie said, "You're her best friend. If anyone, she'll talk to you."

"You're right." Teresa turned and knocked on the door, only to find it was open. Before she had any time wonder, she opened the door and was horror struck by what was inside. The entire living room and kitchen had been destroyed. The coffee table had been thrown across the room and somebody had torn apart the T.V. Katie and Emma stepped in and looked in shock at what was there.

"Gee, I didn't know she was that pissed," Katie awed. She and Emma looked at Teresa who had her eyes fixed on the wall. Following her eyes, they saw someone had written 'HELP D' on the wall with what looked like blood. Teresa went up to the message and put her hand up to the bloody handprint that had been left.

"This is her handprint guys." Teresa blubbered

"Tree," Emma said carefully, "You don't know if it's really hers."

"It's her handprint, damn it!" Teresa bawled, "Who else do you know who has hands this small?!"

Katie came out of the bathroom, "She's not here!" she took out her cell phone, "I'm calling the police."

Emma held Teresa, "Calm down, Tree. We'll find her."

"I can't calm down!" Teresa cried into her arms, "My best friend is in danger! I can't calm down!"

"Teresa," Emma said calmly, "We'll find her. But we have to remain calm."

"I can't." Teresa sobbed into Emmas embrace, "I can't."

...

"Dan, will you at least talk about it?" Rupert asked helplessly

"What's there to talk about?" Dan said angrily, "You said she liked me. I believed you. Look where that got me!"

"Dan, she does like you." Tom insisted,

"Then what was that whole scene out there, Huh?" Dan shouted, "I tried to kiss her and she turned away."

"There has to be some other reason," Tom said, "She really wanted to be with you."

"Sure she did," Dan gloomed, "I should have just left her alone."

"And what would that have done?" Rupert asked, "I'll tell you what: nothing. Dan even if she didn't like you, you needed to do something."

"Just leave me alone," Dan murmured,

"Is that what your going to do for the rest of your life?" Rupert shot at him, "Push everyone away when something doesn't go right? You can't do that Dan and you know that."

Oliver walked in talking on his cell phone. Tom moaned, "Can you tell Teresa she can talk to you later?"

"Hush," he said in a serious tone. He was quiet for a moment until, "We're on our way." and hung up the phone. "Get in the car everyone."

"What's wrong?" James walked in.

"I don't know, but theres Teresa crying and cops involved over at her apartment."

"And Deana?" Dan asked

Oliver hesitated, "Maybe you should wait until you get there."

...

"Teresa, are you alright?" Oliver said as he entered the apartment

Teresa looked up with tears streaming down her face. "Oliver."

Oliver went over and embraced her. Everyone else stepped in and looked around at the mess that had been left.

"Bloody hell," Rupert said in disgust, "What happened here?"

"Where's Deana?" Dan asked impatiently scared.

"She's gone." Teresa blubbered, "She's gone."

"Gone?" Tom repeated

"What do you mean gone?" Dan grew scared. Then he noticed the bloody message on the wall. He turned his head and stared at the bloody letters.

'This blood' he thought, 'it came from her hands' which he then noticed the handprint he instantly recognized to be yours.

"Excuse me," an African American officer call to everyones attention, "Are you all relatives or close friends of the victim?"

"Close friends," Emma answered

"I would just like to ask if any of you have any idea of potential suspects that could have been involved.?"

All but Teresa shook their heads.

"Miss," he approached Teresa slowly, "You know if you have something to tell me, you can just say it. Anything you know might give us a better chance of finding your friend."

Teresa sniffled, "Th-there is this one man. She said he was looking for her...for something that she did...helping kidnapped girls escape or something,"

He wrote in his pad, "Can you give me a name?"

"Jim Hen-something." she thought for a moment, "Hensworth. Jim Hensworth."

The officer closed his pad. "Well, I can't say she'll be alright. Jim Hensworth is very dangerous," he warned, "I suggest you all stay together. Keep your doors locked, windows closed at night." he held out a business card, "And if you manage to find him, call me."

Dan took the number, "Thank you officer."

"Now I suggest you kids get home before it gets really dark."

"Good-night Officer," Oliver said sadly as he and the other officers and detectives left. He put his arm around Teresa, "Come on, lets leave," and everyone followed him out the door