This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-18

'It's been four days,' Dan thought as he took a walk through town, 'Deana's been missing for four days. God Im so worried about her.' Dan had been a mess since your disappearance. Everyone had done everything they could do to try and find you, but at the moment there wasn't much they could do. Everyone decided to stay together at Katies house, it being the smallest of them all. Emma and Katie stopped by the apartment and picked up some of her stuff to bring back. Everyone else had brought there own stuff and stuck together at Katies. Dan felt a little too isolated so he convinced the gang to let him go for a walk.

'She loved Halloween,' Dan remembered as a group of little kids in costumes passed by, 'It's not fair she has to spend her holiday with a killer.'

Dan passed by a man who looked to be in about his mid thirties walk next to him. By the lookes of his tattered clothes he was obviously poor, except for the brown jacket he wore around him. It seemed wearable except for a tear at the elbow...

'Wait a minute.' Dan thought, 'Deana had a coat like that with a hole in the same spot.'

"Excuse me, sir." Dan spoke to him

He turned, "What do you want?"

"This may sound strange, but may I see your coat for a moment?" Dan aske politely

"Listen, pal," the poor man snapped, "I don't know what the hell you're trying to do here, but..."

"Please sir." Dan begged

"If ya lookin for another one of these," he continued, "I don't where or if you can find it in any of them fancy stores. I found this one off the street."

"Just let me have a look." Dan grew aggravated

"What kind of punk do you-"

But before he could finish Dan had spun the man around and took a hold of his collar. Just like he had suspected, D.V.A was sewn onto it with green thread. "Sir," he turned the man around again, "I need you to tell me exactly where you found this."

"Listen, you punk-"

"You listen!" Dan snapped holding the man by his collar and shoving him against the wall, "Either you can tell me exactly where you found this coat, or I will knock out every blood bone in your body!"

"Alright! I'll talk!" the man cowered in fear, "I found it over by the abandoned club house over on St Alamo."

"Thank you," and he dodged in the opposite direction. Dan took out his cell phone and dug into he pocket for the business card. Once found, he quickly dialed the number, "Hello, Officer Smith."

"Officer," Dan spoke, "It's about Deana, the girl that went missing a few days ago. I think I may know where she is."

...

"Wake up you slutty bitch!"

A sharp pain swept across your face.

"Good," Jim sneered, "Glad to see your finally awake."

You tried reaching up to rub your eyes, but felt a tight cord wrapped around your wrists behind your back. You blinked a few times and remembered what happened. "How long have I been out?"

"Four days," Jim said before jugging down a can of beer, "Why? you miss your friends already?"

"Why is that any of your business?" you snapped,

"Feisty, are we?" Jim mocked,

You just glared.

"And a little cwanky, too" he mocked you

"Go to Hell!" you shot at him

"I'd be a little nicer," he toned down, "Considering I didn't kill you in your sleep."

"That's what I don't get," you glared, "You wanted me, you got me. Why didn't you just kill me at the apartment?"

He chuckled, "You thought I was going to actually kill you there?"
You raised an eyebrow, "Of course not! The cops would have been able to get to me easier then. Besides," he paused, "I have a little proposition for you,"

"And if I refuse."

He gave you a evil look, "Then at least I'll have the amusement of hearing you scream." He laughed and walked around you, "Now here's the deal. I won't force you back to the brothel. You join by contract." He held out a contract in front of your face, "Now this contract states that I own you. You will do what I want, when I want it, and how I want. And that includes anything." you glared even more. "Hey toots, it's not that bad. Those who sign with their own hand get the good end of the stick."

"But," he continued circling you, "You refuse, you'll still work for me. But, let's just say the short end of the stick is gonna go to you." his face went up close to yours, "And I'll make sure you get the shortest end." He sat in the chair across from you and scooted up, holding out the contract "So what's it gonna be?"

You smirked up at him, "You drive a hard bargain," you looked down at the contract and spat in it, "but I'll pass." you gave him another smirk, "You will be caught eventually, and when you do, I'll make sure the only time we meet is when you come to kiss my ass."

Jim took out his switchblade, "Then I guess we start now."

"Deana?"

You looked over by the door, "Dan?"

Jim covered your mouth, "You say a word, and I'll kill him," He tucked the switch blade back in his pocket and walked casually to greet Dan.