This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-19

"Hello young man," Jim greeted with a big fake grin, "Can I help you?"

"Yes," you heard Dan say, "I was over here the other day and I think I may have dropped my cell phone here."

"I'm sorry sir," Jim shook his head sympathetically, "But you must have the wrong address. No one that isn't an employer is allowed inside."

"Well I had to help a friend of mine move some stuff," Dan replied. From your angle you saw a suspicious look on Dan's face.

"Well I cannot allow you to come in," Jim said, "However I can look around and see if it's here." And before Dan could reply Jim slipped between the door crack and shut it behind him. He began going around the room and rustling through itens to make it seem like he was searching. When he finished, he looked to you with a death glare and signaled you to stay quiet, or else...

"I'm sorry," Jim said when he returned, "I could not locate your phone,"

You saw Dan shrugg, "That's alright, I'll just be on my way," and made a turn

"Have a nice Halloween," Jim smiled and turned, but just as he was about to close the door, Dan made a dash and slipped through, knocking Jim out of his way.

"Deana," he exclaimed with an expression that was both fearful and glad to see you

"Dan, get out of here!" You shouted, but Jim took a pole and slammed it over Dan's head. Dan fell to the ground and you cried in distress.

"I told you not to get too close to him," Jim repeated his first warning, "Now, he's gonna pay."

"Jim, just let him go!" you cried, "I'm the one you want, not him. Just let him go and kill me now."

"I don't think so." Jim snickered evily. You then saw Dan slowly rise behind his back and wacked him with a punch. Jim staggered for a moment but then got up and charged after Dan. You sat tied up as Dan was helplessly trying to fight off Jim. Jim was so much stronger than him and it showed by how much Dan was getting beaten. Dan mannaged to get in a good punch or two, but that only made him even more made. Dan Finally dropped to the ground as Jim gave his last punch to his jaw. He leaned over and grabbed Dan by the hair as he took out his gun.

"You should of just stayed in your London house, Danny." Jim sneered holding the gun up to his head, "But you had to get involved," he chuckled, "You honestly thought that if you found me you would be able to take me on? You thought you would sweep in and beat me up and carry off your little girlfriend? DID YOU?!" he held Dan's hair even tighter,

"Well you thought wrong, "he continued to mock, "And once I kill you, I won't bother to kill De. I'll just make sure that she hurts so much even in death you'll be able to hear her screams." He raised the gun, "Say good-bye, Daniel,"

And Dan shut his eyes tightly as three loud gun shots filled the room. Dan waited for the sharp pain to fill in his head, but nothing had happened. He opened his eyes and saw JIm wearing a shocked expression. He then dropped to the ground and in back of him Dan saw you in tears holding a gun out in front of you with your one shaking hand.

"Oh my god, Dan," you cried as you ran to Dan's aid. You kneeled down to Dan and wrapped your arms around him in a tight embrace.

"Ow! Ow!," he screeched

You got off, "Sorry," you said, then went back for a lighter embrace, "Dan, you are such an idiot! You bastard,!" you cried, "How did you know I was here?"

"I know how to track you down," he half laughed

You grabbed his face and kissed both of his cheeks, "We have to get you out of here," You stood up and wiped away the tears

"What about him?" he asked pointing to Jim as you helped him up

You looked to Jim, "He's dead. We don't have to worry about him," you lifted Dan's arm over your shoulder, "We have to get to the police,"

"They should be waiting outside," Dan said

"The police were here and they let you come in alone?"

"Actually," he said, "I snuck in,"

You smiled, "Dan. you're crazy. Now let's get you out of here," and you left the warehouse with Dan