This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-22

Dan pulled back after a few moments, "Deana, are you alright?"

You stared off bewildered, "Yeah," you breathed, "That was just...amazing," you looked into his eyes, "I can't tell you how many times I wanted to kick myself in the ass for pulling away the first time we tried that." Dan laughed softly at that, "And you know what?" you smiled, "I would really like it if you did it again,"

"Would you?" Dan asked

You nodded, "Absolutely,"

Dan smiled and pulled you in for another soft kiss. Fireworks seemed to explode in your mind and nothing could ruin the moment, except...

"Finally!" a familiar voice shouted from the other side of the building. You pulled your head back and rolled it to your side and looked to find Teresa getting up to the roof and doing a happy dance before running over to you and Dan. "It's about time too."

"Hey Tree," you said in a annoyed tone as she sat to the other side of you, "I thought you were asleep,"

"You'd be surprised how many time you assumed I was asleep when I wasn't," Teresa said with a big ass grin, "How else did you think Dan knew to meet you up here?"

You turned your head to Dan, "You planned this?"

"No," Dan said, "She just told me to meet you here tonight after she went to sleep."

"Sleep," Teresa repeated using air quotes

"I feel so betrayed," you said dramatically,

"Hey," he put his arm around you, "It was the only way I could talk to you since you were avoiding me,"

"I said I was sorry," You leaned your head up, "Forgive me?"

"As long as you forgive me," he smiled

"Awww." Teresa squealed, "You guys look so cute together," She stretched her arms and yawned, "Well I think I'm going to go to bed. You teo can stay up here and make out all you want." And with that she got up and walked back to the balcony with a smile. You watched her until she was gone.

"Maybe we should go inside too." Dan said

"Do we have to?" you moaned,

"Probably," Dan said,

"Why?" you whined

"Because if you fall asleep up here," Dan explained, "it'll be impossible to get you down and we'll be stuck up here all night,"

"I wouldn't mind,"

"But then what would your neighbors say?"

"I don't care what they think,"

"But they would complain to the landlord," Dan said, "and I don't want you to get into trouble,"

You looked down, "My landlord died,"

Dan looked at you, "I'm sorry,"

"Jim killed her in order to get to me," you said sadly, "They have someone else replacing her until they can find a new one," you sighed, "She was such a sweet woman, too,"

"I really am sorry," Dan apologized again

You turned back to him and gave a weak smile, "Maybe we should at least go back to the balcony,"

"That's fine," he said. Dan lifted off from his sitting position and helped you up as well before you carefully walked back over to your balcony.

"So are we officially boyfriend and girlfriend?" you asked after Dan helped you climb down

"If that's what you want to do." Dan said, "Is it?"

You sat down and nodded

"Then I guess you are my girlfriend," Dan smiled, sitting next to you on the porch swinger and wrapping his arms around you, "Wow that feels good to say,"

"Yeah," you said glumly, "Now I'm gonna have a whole clan of female stalkers just waiting to kill me."

Dan laughed and held you tighter, "No, I won't let anything happen to you,"

"You can't promise that,"

"Yes I can," He brought your gaze up to him, "and I do."

"Fine," you gave up, "Believe what you will," You turned your head back and rested yourself on Dan's chest and stared at the moon until you felt your eyes getting heavy and you fell asleep
♠ ♠ ♠
please forgive me for the suckiness of this chapter