This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-23

You woke up the next morning in you own bed. You sat up and stretched you arms up in a yawned and recalled the last nights events. All you remembered was looking up at the moon with Dan until you fell asleep. You looked around and realized you were in your room. You shifted your legs over and got out of bed. As you got closer to the door, you heard sounds from the T.V. You opened your door and looked out to find Teresa watching cartoons with a bowl of oatmeal.

"Good morning," you mumbled in a sleepy voice

Teresa turned her head and gave a big smile, "Well good morning, sleeping beauty. How did you sleep?"

"Pretty well,"

"I'll bet," she sneered with a playful grin, "considering who you fell asleep on,"

"Shut up," you grogged as you made your way to the kitchen

"Don't play innocent with me," She said in a lower tone, "I saw Dan carry you in last night,"

You turned, "Did he really?"

She nodded, "You looked sooo cute all curled up in his arms,"

You rolled your eyes, "Yeah, yeah, yeah,"

"So are you two officially going out?" Teresa asked anxiously as you poured a bowl of cereal,

"Yeah," you said, knowing what her reaction was going to be,

She squealed and jumped over the couch and ran towards you, "Oh my god!" she screamed, wrapping her armes around your shoulders, "I'm so happy. Now you two just need to get married and as long as you two stay together, I'll be satisfied for good,"

"Can we at least get past the first date?" you looked at her

"Sorry," she said letting go of you, "I know how sensitive you are about marriage,"

"It's not that I'm sensitive about marriage," you explained as you walked over to the couch with your cereal, "I just don't like it when a guy I'm dating starts talking about it too soon,"

"Oh come on, Deana," she groaned, "This isn't highschool anymore,"

"And what's that supposed to mean?"

"It means you worry about it too much," she said, "With every boyfriend you had you always dumped them because you claimed the were rushing you." she paused and you gave her a glare, "Okay, so most of them were rushing,"

"Especially Andrew," you said in disgust before taking in a spoonful of cereal,

"I'm glad you dumped his ass before he could get any worse on you," she smiled, "Anyway, but there was the few that just wanted to get closer to you. And every time they tried, you pushed them away,"

"Don't remind me," you muttered

"I have to," Teresa raised her voice, "because if I don't you're going to do the same thing with Dan. And I can tell by the way you look at him you really don't want that to happen."

There was a long silence, "Tree," you said silently, "You know me. I've never been really social with guys. Most of my life girls were always my closest friends. And..."

"And what, De?"

You sighed, "You know about Raven..."

"She is not a good example-"

"You didn't let me finish," you cut her off, "Raven was my best friend. she was my big sister, and I was her little sis. She would always say no one came before her sisters, and then...every time she got a boyfriend, it seemed like she would put him at the center of her world and forget about those who were there before him." you took a deep breath, "I remember getting so angry at her because of it, but I always felt like if I said anything, she wouldn't listen."

"So what does that have to do with you and Dan?" Teresa asked

"It wasn't just her." you continued, "Most of the time when anyone got a new boyfriend I would feel somewhat abandoned. Like they tossed me aside and forgot about me." you turned to face her, "And I love you like the sister I never had, Tree. I really do, and I never want to put you in that position,"

"Oh, honey," Teresa wrapped her arms around you in a tight embrace, "Is that why you're so afraid?"

"That and some other reasons," you said, "but for a good part, yes,"

"Awe, De," she pulled back, "Don't tell me that's how you feel about me and Oliver."

You nodded somewhat shamefully, "I mean, ever since you two started going out you have been spending all your time with him,"

"De, I am so sorry I made you feel that way," she nearly broke into tears, "And as for me, you don't have to worry about abandoning me. You've been good in the past when it came to balancing time with your boyfriend and best friends. I doubt any of that has changed since high school."

You smiled, "And everything is just so confusing. I mean, I've never meet anyone like Dan, who is literally willing to die for my safety,"

"He's pretty crazy about you," she smiled

"He's one of a kind," you sighed,

"Let me give you a bit of advice," Teresa looked dead straight into your eyes, "Unless he harms you in any way, stay with him. He's one of the few decent men left in this world who still looks hot," you giggled at her comment, "Plus he practically saved your life, and that was without the magic wands."

You giggled again, "I really do like him, but there are just so many gut bursting feelings that are stopping me right now,"

"How about this," she said getting off the couch and taking your half finished bowl of cereal, "We will go out shopping today for some new clothes and talk about these gut bursting feelings you're having and sort them all out. Then we can go down and meet the gang. How does that sound?"

You smiled, "That sounds great,"