This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-25

a week later on saturday

"Good morning, Deana,"

You felt a pressure at the end of your bed. When you opened your eyes, you saw Teresa sitting there, "Teresa. I can't believe you got up before I did,"

"I know," she smiled, "It's a miracle." She reached over and pulled off the bed sheets, "Come on. Get up."

You tugged on the covers, "I don't want to,"

Teresa tugged at the other end, "Get up."

"No!" you shouted

"Fine then," Teresa said and with that she let go of the covers and then jumped on top of you and began tickling you.

"Stop it!" you laughed out

"Not until you get up," Teresa giggled

"Okay, okay," you gave in after a while, "You win. I'll get up,"

Teresa got off and smiled proudly, "Good, because breakfast is ready."

You rolled your eyes and got out of bed. You followed Teresa to the kitchen and then realized not only was she up, she had also gotten dressed. She was wearing a blue tank top with a jean skort and black tights on. Her hair was put up into a high bun. You sniffled and looked over to find the waffle iron on with a stack of waffles already done.

"I was waiting for you for, like, ever," Teresa said as she brought over the waffles to the center counter, "I thought you would never wake up,"

She handed you your plate, "Yum," you said, "Chocolate chip,"

"My favorite," Teresa smiled before digging into her plate

You yawned, "So what time is it?"

Teresa swallowed, "Almost noon,"

"I slept in that late?"

She nodded as she took another fork full

"Wow,"

"I know," Teresa agreed, "Usually you would expect that from me."

"On a normal day," you said. You stabbed another piece of waffle with your fork

"So do you have any plans for today?" Teresa asked

You shook your head, "Nope. I guess I'll just stick around and study,"

"Bor-ing,"

"And what do you have planned today that is so interesting?" you asked

"I have a date with Oliver," she stated proudly before looking up at the clock, "Holy shit!" her eyes widened, "Which I hace to get going to." She stabbed a few more pieces of waffle and stuffed them in her mouth, "Gotta go," she attempted to say through the food, "'Bye,"

"'Bye," You called as Teresa bolted out the door,

'Great,' you thought, 'Now I have no plans AND no car,' you sighed and ate the last of your waffle before taking it over to the sink and washing off the chocolate and crumbs. After you put the plate away, you walked to your room and dressed yourself in a black fitted tee and capris. You came out with your iPod and plugged it in to the player and turned on to I'm With You by Avril Lavagne.

"It's a damn cold night," you sang along to the song, "Trying to figure out this life. Won't you take me by the hand take me somewhere new. I don't know who you are, but I...I'm with you,"

You suddenly heard you cell phone ring. You turned down the volume on the player before reaching over to answer the caller.

"Hello," you spoke into the phone,

"Hey, Deana,"

You smiled, "Hi, Dan,"

"I hope I didn't wake you," he spoke

"No, Teresa took care of that," you laughed,

"No surprise from her," Dan chuckled, "Listen, do you have any plans for today?"

"No, especially seeing as Tree took the car and I can't go anywhere," you shrugged

"You want to do anything in particular?" Dan asked

"Get out of the apartment," you said

"What time do you want me to pick you up?"

"Wait," you said surprised, "What are you doing?"

"Getting you out of the apartment," Dan answered,

"But to where?" you asked

"That will be a surprise," Dan smirked, "So what time should I pick you up?"

"How fast can you get here?"

"About fifteen minutes,"

"Fifteen minutes then," you gave him,

"I'll see you then,"

"Alright. 'Bye, Dan."

"'Bye, Deana,"