This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-27

"So what is your family like?" Dan asked you later in the evening when you two sat down to eat,

"Big," you put it out simply, "Very, very big,"

"Really,"

"With lots of cousins," you said dully, "and me in the middle all by myself,"

"How old are they?" he asked,

"The oldest of the little ones are four years younger than me," you explained, "and the older ones are fifteen years older at the least,"

"Ouch," Dan commented, "but four years isn't so bad,"

"It is in my family," you said, "I hated them so much,"

"How come?"

"Because if I would ever introduce them to any of my friends, "you explained, "they would spend the entire time trying to hog them. An a good portion of the time they managed to do it, too."

A waiter came up to you, "Hi," he smiled, "I'm Caleb, and I'll be your waitor today. Can I start you two off with anything to drink?"

"Can you get me a coke, please," Dan ordered

The waitor turned to you, "I'll just have an ice tea, please,"

"Sure," he said writing down the order on his pad, "I'll go get those and you two can go ahead and order when your ready," he smiled and left.

"So like I was saying," you continued, "They would also just do anything to annoy me that they could easily get away with."

"So I guess that has to be tough," he said, "But how old are they now?"

"Eighteen," you said, "But even before I moved we still didn't get along,"

"Why not?"

"Because they were always mad when I didn't think they were mature for their age, or when I wouldn't include them in my plans, or not tell them anything," you shook your head, "Stupid stuff."

"Well, I wish I had a family as big as you say you have," Dan said, looking down at his menu

"Trust me, no you don't," you chuckled, "What are you getting?"

"Probably just a burger," he said raising his head, "How about you?"

You looked for a moment, "I'll get the veggie burger," You closed your menu and looked up at Dan, who was staring right at you. "What?"

"How does your eyes do that thing in the sun?" he asked

"What sun thing?"

"Where if the sun is directed at the right angle," he explained, "Your eyes look sort of yellow,"

"Do they do that?" you questioned, "I'm not sure,"

"It looks very nice," he smiled

"Gracias, seor," you spoke with your spanish accent,

"Have you two decided what you wanted?" Caleb said walking back,

You both turned your heads, "Yes," Dan answered first, "I'll just have a hamburger with ketchup, lettuce, and tommatoe."

Caleb wrote it down, "And for the Miss?"

"Can I get a veggie burger, please." you asked, "Just plain."

"Sure thing," he said, "I'll go and get those ready for you,"

You smiled and handed him your menu, "Thanks,"

Caleb grabbed your menus and replied with a flirtacious smile, "Anytime, sweetheart," He turned and left with Dan glaring at his back.

"What's the matter?" you asked once you noticed,

"I don't like the way he spoke to you," he murmered

"Why?" you asked confusingly, "He was polite."

"Too polite, if you ask me." he said taking a drink of his soda

"Don't tell me you're jealous already." you said, "It's only our first date,"

"Did you see the way he looked at you?"

"Yes I did," you told him, "And looking is nothing compared to what he could of done instead,"

"Good point," Dan thought on that, "But still, he just seemed a little too flirty towards you,"

"As long as he dosn't try anything, I don't care about him," you took his hand, "Tonight, I'm yours."

He smiled and kissed your hand, "Sorry I acted that way. You're just so irresistable, I don't want to share you."

"Well, you won't have to worry about that," you smiled, leaning over the table and pecking his lips.

He smiled as you sat back down. For the rest of the evening you both talked and made conversation. Once your food arrived, you ate and continued your talks. You finished your dinner and payed the waitor before leaving. You and Dan walked around for awhile longer. You decided it was time to go home once it got dark. Dan agreed to take you home.

"Here we are," Dan announced as he pulled up to the building

You smiled, "Dan, thanks for taking meout. I had fun,"

He returned the grin, "Anytime, I'm glad you had a good time,"

You unhooked your seatbelt, "We should do stuff like this more often,"

"I'm not busy Wednesday," Dan said

You looked at him, "Sorry, but after school, I have to work. How about Thursday, on my lunch break?"

"Sure, what time?"

"Quarter to noon,"

"I'll be there,"

You smiled, "Great. I'll see you then."

Dan leaned over and softly kissed your lips, "By, Deana,"

You bit your lip with a grin, "I'll see you later, loverboy," and you got out of the car and watched as he drove off. You sighed and ran inside, up the stairs and to your apartment.

"Teresa!" you called as you opened the door, "Come here. I have to tell you-HOLY SHIT!"

Teresa and Oliver both snapped their heads at you from where they were on the couch. Oliver was in his bare boxers, laying on the couch with Teresa on top of him, who was shirtless, bottomless, and, almost braless.

"What the fuck are you guys doing?" you shouted, holding your shocked expression.

"De," Teresa said nervously, holding her bra up. Oliver was picking up the remainer of his clothes, "I can explain,"

"I am so sorry you had to see that," Oliver apologized,

"No, it's okay," you said sarcastically, "I always come home to people having sex in my living room."

"I should go," Oliver said. He ran up to Teresa and kissed her, "Bye, love," He started forward and saw you in front. Your arms were firmly crossed and you gave him a stern look. He looked back and gave a scared expression before brushing past you.

You turned backed to Teresa, "Okay," you said softly, "I'm not gonna scream anymore, or yell. I'm gonna calmly ask what the fuck you two were doing," you said, raisingn your voice to an even harsher tone near the end of the sentence.

"What's your problem?" she asked as she rehooked her bra,

"Tree," you whined, "That kind of stuff is what you have the bedroom for. You could even use the bathroom if you wanted. But not the living room where your unsuspecting roommate can just walk on in."

"And I'm sorry you had to see that," she apologized, "We didn't even plan on going that far. We came home and hung out for awhile. Then we started making out and...things got a little intense and one thing led to another, and before you know it, you walk in."

"And I thought I had an interesting story," you said, "but obviously somebody had a better day than I did,"

She slipped her shirt on, "You are so dramatic, De," she rolled her eyes, "We didn't even make it all the way, thanks to you,"

"Good thing I came in," you giggled. Tree sighed, "Listen, Tree. I love seeing you naked just as much as Oliver would like to." she laughed, "But the next time you think you and him are going to get wild like that, call me. Or at least give me a warning,"

She smiled, "Okay, I'm sorry I got all cranky on you. I guess I was a little dissapointed that-"

"I know," you cut her off, knowing what she was going to say, "That's okay. How about next time, you do it at his house."

"Okay," She perked up. She sat down on the couch, "I guess it's obvious what I did on my date, so tell me about yours."

You sat down next to her, "It went really well. We walked around London, we got a bite to eat..."

"That's cool," she commented, "Did he kiss you?"

You sighed, "Yes, he did,"

Teresa squealed, "How was it?"

"It was nice,"

"Give me details," she got excited, "Was it sloppy, was it dry. How long of a kiss was it?"

"I don't know," you said, "Like, three seconds,"

"Oh my god," she smiled, "Did he slip the toungue on you?"

"No!" you laughed, "God, whats the big excitement about? It's not like you haven't seen us kissing before."

"I know, but still."

You laughed

"So are you two planning on, you know..."

"Teresa!" you shouted, "How could you even think that."

"It's me, hon," she replied

"Good point," you said, "But, NO! We just had our first date."

"So?"

"So what would make you think we would have sex only after our first date?"

"Because he is so damn sexy." she grinned

"Hey," you snapped playfully, "Paws off my man,"

"Grrr." she growled like a cat, "Somebody's grumpy,"

You laughed. 'Same old Tree' you thought, 'Some things will never change'