This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-29

Tree grabbed the cordless phone, "So what are you waiting for? Call and ask."

"Can I at least call my boss and ask for time off?"

"Fine, just hurry up,"

You rolled your eyes. You grabbed the phone and quickly pressed the numbers to her work phone, waiting patiently for her to pick up.

"Hello," you heard Jamies voice

"Hey, Jamie. It's De,"

"Hey, De. What's up?"

"I need to ask for a favor,"

"Shoot,"

"I need to out of town for a few days, and I was wondering if there was a chance I could have Tuesday through Thursday off?"

"Sure, that's no problem," she answered, "That'll be fine."

"Great," you said, not letting the dissapointment show in your voice, "Thanks a bunch, Jamie,"

"Anytime. I'll see you tomorrow at work,"

"Bye," you hung up the phone

"Now call Dan and ask him to come," Teresa said as soon as you hung up the phone,

"Alright. Jesus," you turned on the phone again and this time dialed Dans phone number. Once you pressed send, you held the phone up to your ear and listened to the ring tones until Dan picked up.

"Hello,"

"Hey, Dan," you said softly

"Hi, Deana." Dan responded, "How are you?"

"I'm fine," you said, "Can I ask you something?"

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," you told him, "I just need to know, are you doing anything next week?"

"I don't think so. Why?"

"Because next week my parents are staying at my aunt and uncles house to come visit," you explained, "and they want me to come spend three days there, and I was wondering if you might want to come with."

Dan paused, "I don't know. I wouldn't want to intrude..."

"You won't," you insisted, "I promise. I really want you to come,"

"Are you sure?"

"Positive,"

Okay, then," Dan chuckled, "When do we leave?"

"Tuesday," you answered, "And we head back home on Thursday,"

"Sounds good to me," Dan said, "You want me to drive?"

"It doesn't matter to me," you answered, "Watever you're comfortable with,"

"Then I'll pick you up on Tuesday," he said, "What time?"

You thought for a moment, "Is two-o-clock alright?"

"Perfect. I'll pick u up then,"

"Okay, then .Bye, Dan," you said, "And thanks so much for coming."

"Anything for you," he said, and with that he hung up.

"So what's the plan?" Teresa asked

You glared, "You must know everything,"

She nodded

You sighed, "We leave on Tuesday, he's driving, and we should be back by Thursday,"

"That sounds so sweet," she nudged at my arm, "And I'll bet you'll be catching a little action in between. Eh? Eh?"

You laughed, "Shut up,"

"Alright," she giggled, "But what will I do until you get back?"

"You could pick up where you and Oliver left off last week,"

"Yeah, I could do that,"

"Just make sure that it's not right before I get home, alright?" you warned,

"It's a deal," she grinned. She walked over to the counter and grabbed her purse

"Where are you going?" you asked

"Just for a walk," she answered, "to get some fresh air,"

"Fresh air or fresh clothes?" you questioned sarcastically with a smirk

"Fresh air," she said, then paused, "and maybe a dress,"

"Just a dress?"

Teresa hesitated, "And matching shoes," you rolled your eyes, "Hey, You'll be gone for three days, giving me some quality time with Oliver. I'll need a new outfit. Plus, I have a date with him tonight"

You laughed, "Whatever happened to the girl from highschool who hated shopping?"

"She started earning some hard, cold cash," she said putting on her jacket,

"I guess that job of yours is doing good for you," you smiled

"Yeah," she smiled back, "Being a receptionist pays more euros than I expected,"

"Not really," you said, "You just like the cheap clothes,"

She stuck her tongue out at you, "You want to come with? Maybe get some new clothes for your trip with Dan?"

You shook your head, "No, I'm busy ebough as it is. I've got my homework, sewing, and writing to do,"

"Oooo," she grinned, "You are busy. Well, don't let this become a habit. All work and no play makes life a dull day,"

"And you know what else they say," you responded, "All play and no work makes a person a real jerk,"

Teresa smiled, "Toushe. I'll be off then. I'll be back in a couple of hours."

"Have fun," you called, and she was gone. Leaving you the entire apartment to yourself.

You smiled and thought, 'Alone at last '