This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-3

About a month later you and Teresa were out shopping once again. You spent all day taking Teresa around London. The two of you went into the most popular shops, and you even introduced her to the shop owners you knew. You stopped at one point in the day to eat at this small restaurant where you were especially good friends with the owner. Once done, you continued your tour until the sun began to set and you both decided to go home.

"So what do you think of London?" you asked as you were walking home.

"Not much different from downtown Chicago," she commented, "But still very cool."

You smiled, "I'm glad you like it, considering it's your new home."

"Hey Deana," Teresa said, "How did you feel when you first got here?"

You shrugged, "Okay, I guess. I was a little nervous, though. Since I was an outsider and all, but I guess it was no different than highschool."

"No kidding," she laughed in agreement.

"But then things got really scary when I moved out." you continued, "Being all alone, having to pay for everything myself. The responsibility was tough." You smiled remembering how you first lived, "Once I got settled, though, everything turned out fine." Then you looked to Teresa, "And at least you have me to help you,"

"Yes I do." she said wrapping her arms around you. You laughed and continued walking and talking some more until you felt yourself being pulled by forceful hands.

"Hello, Deana," said the tall brunt that was holding you, "I think we have a little business to take care of,"

You took your hand and dug it into his arm and then did a round kick and hit him in the croutch. He fell to the ground and you turned to Teresa, "Run!"

The two of you sprinted off and it wasnt long before the thug came running behind you, yelling greusome threats. You and Teresa swifted pass buildings and shops and tried losing him in big crowds of people, but he always found you. You and Teresa stopped for a moment to catch your breath.

"What's going on?" Teresa huffed.

You gasped, "It's kind of a long story," You turned and saw the thug behind you. "Let's go!"

"What does he want?" Teresa yelled as you ran.

"Revenge." you answered.

"Revenge for what?" Teresa asked.

You ran across an intersection and turned and saw Teresa was slowing down. You ran back just to see the thug run up to her. You grabbed her hand and ran across to a car that was coming right for you. You let go of Teresa and pushed her out of the was just as the car hit you...

...

Deana?

Oh my god, You thought, My head.

"Deana, are you alright?"

"Teresa?"

"Nice going, Emma," said a voice you were unfamiliar with.

"Oh my god," said another unfamiliar voice, "I hope she's okay,"

You sat up and let out a deep breath, "That was interesting,"

Teresa sighed, "Thank god you're alright." she hugged you, "For a minute there, I thought you were a goner."

"Sorry Tree," you said groggly, "you can't get rid of me that easily."

She smiled.

"Are you alright?" Said a caucason girl.

"Yeah, I'll live," you groaned as Teresa helped you up. You looked around and saw that your accident had made quite a scene.

"I am so sorry," said the other girl.

"Don't worry about it," you said, "It was my fault," You looked around to see if the creep had stuck around. No sight of him.

"No but I feel awful."

"Yeah, she's not exactly the best driver as you can see," The asian girl commented.

You smiled, "It's no big."

"Well can we at least give you a ride?" offered the brunette.

"Okay with me." you shrugged. "You alright with it, Tree?"

"Sure." she said. By now the crowd had left. Teresa helped you into the back seat and then sat next to you.

"Comfy back there?" The asian girl asked.

You and Teresa nodded.

"Then let's go. By the way, I'm Emma Watson."

"And I'm Katie Leung." the asian girl smiled.

"I'm Deana," you introduced, "And this is Teresa."

"You can call me Tree if you want." she added.

"Well this was an interesting way to meet someone new," Ema said as she started the car, "Where do you live?"

"Over on Caning Crescent off of A105." you told her.

"I know where that is," Emma said as she began driving.

Katie turned back, "So judging by your accent, I would say you two aren't from around here."

"You judge well." you complimented, "And actually we're from Chicago."

"How long have you two been here?" Katie asked.

"I just got here about a week ago, "Teresa told her.

Katie looked at you, "And you?"

"A little over two years now,"

She smiled, "And already the british accent is starting to rub off on you."

You felt your face start blushing.

"Don't worry," Katie reassured, "It's not unusual for that to happen,"

"So what's been up with you guys?" you asked, changing the subject,

"Nothing much," Emma shrugged,

"What were you doing before that little trauma back at the intersection?" Teresa asked

"Shopping around," Emma answered, "And you two?"

"I was giving Tree a tour of London." you said.

"Well, Tree," Katie said, "What do you think of London so far."

"Not much different from Chicago." Teresa answered, "Except everyone talks with long vowels,"

"Katie and Emma laughed, "Yeah, that's what I thought when I first visited New York."

"Same here." Katie agreed.

"Now let me ask you something," Emma started, "Why did you two move to London?"

"I moved here to go to Hocking College," you explained.

"You mean that theater arts school?"

"That's the one." you confirmed.

"I'm going to be going there too," Teresa added.

"So you two are into acting too, huh?" Katie smirked.

"Yeah, but we prefer to do it on stage." Teresa commented, "Along with singing."

"So you guys are into musicals."

"Yesm." Teresa answered.

"For how long?" Emma asked.

"The broadway thing I wanted since sixth grade," you explained, "but the singing and acting I've always been into."

"I've been into it since I was a little girl," Teresa said.

"Very cool." Katie smiled.

"Well here we are." Emma said pulling up to your apartment. You and Teresa stepped out of the car.

"Hey Deana," Emma called as she rolled down her window, "Katie and I were just going to me some friends not too far from here."

"Emma," you whined, "Stop feeling like you have to do all this because you almost killed me. Trust me, things like that happen on a twice daily basis for me."

"You never told me that Deana," Teresa said jokingly.

"But I insist,"

You shook your head, "No, that's okay, we don't want to intrude."

Katie called out, "We don't mind. We want you to come."

"How about we hang out just the four of us tomorrow." you said.

Emma smiled, "Alright. We'll pick you up at ten thirty."

"See you then." Teresa called as Emma backed up.

"Bye!" they waved and then drove off.

"You know, "Teresa said, "For celebrities, they're pretty nice."

And you agreed .