This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-31

"Teresa!" you shouted down the hall, "Hurry up!"

"I'm going as fast as I can!" she shouted back.

"Come on! Dan and Oliver are waiting outside,"

She scurried out of her bedroom carrying her peach towel and wearing a purple and hot pink bathing suit with a long white t-shirt over it and jeans. You were wearing the green and blue bikini you recently made under your sweater and jeans. You picked up your own towel and walked over to her. "What took you so long?"

"I couldn't find my top," she explained,

"That's what happens when you procrastinate," you told her,

"Oh, shut up," she said to you, "You do it too,"

"That's right," You hopped next to her and you both extended out your left hands, shouting "Procrastinaters, UNITE! tomorrow," and ended up a fit of giggles,

"Come on," you said grabbing your heavy coat, "it's almost nine. We should get going,"

"We don't want to keep the boys waiting too long," she said grabbing her own coat in a fancy accent as you walked out the door, "or else when they do see us, they just might rape us,"

You locked the door and closed it behind you, "I don't think it will be considerred rape," and the two of you started laughing as you walked down the stairs. You were still in giggles when you got to Olivers car.

"And what are you two ladies laughing about?" Oliver asked

You and Teresa got into the backseats, "Oh, just a little inside joke," you said, "Nothing bad,"

"Yeah, right," Oliver pulled out of the driveway, "You guys excited?"

"Hell yeah," Teresa exclaimed,

Oliver smiled, "I was hoping you would be,"

Teresa shoved at the back of is seat, "Shut up, you pervert,"

"I'm sorry," he apologized, "but while I'm there, I must say you ladies look very nice. Don't you think so, Dan?"

Dan turned his head to look at you, "Yes I do,"

You felt your cheeks turn red, "Awe, you gentlemen are too kind,"

"No we're not," Oliver said, "We're speaking the truth,"

"Then I guess this would be a good time to then tell you guys that you both look extremely handsome," Teresa turned to you, "What do you think?"

"I have to agree with you, Tree," you said using the same tone of voice she used, "They look very handsome this evening." You leaned out of your seat up to Dan's ear and whispered, "Especially you, Dan,"

"Awwwe," Teresa squealed loudly. You smiled proudly to hide your embarrassment and sat back down. The car ride was short, but long enough for you all to continue on with conversations. You finally reached the place where the indoor pool was. It was a sort of water park, with most of the rides outside, leaving a pool and a diving board in the heated room. You could already see that Katie and Emma were already inside waiting for everyone else.

"Hey Oliver," you said as you got out of the car, "How did you get this reservation anyhow?"

"My uncle is a good friend of the owner of this park," he explained, "I told him I wanted to have a pool party and he was more than glad to book the pool for me," He crossed over and took Teresa by the waist and walked over to the entrance. You were about to follow when you felt someone grab your arm.

"Deana," Dan called softly. You turned round to face him. He took a step closer and was now an inch from you face. With his free hand he lightly held your chin and kissed you in the most sweetest way. When he pulled away he gave you a sly smile, "Thought you were going to get away without kissing me,"

"Technically I still have," you said, "because you were the one that kissed me," You slid both arms up his chest and around his neck with a sexy smile, "but that can soon be fixed,"

He smiled back and you leaned in, pulling him into another kiss that lasted for another few seconds.

"There," you smiled once you pulled away, "Now we're even,"

"Well, I don't know," Dan argued, "I think that last one was a bit more satisfacting than the first one. I think I owe you a little more,"

"Not now," you said, "Everyone's going to wonder where we are," You leaned up to his ear and whispered, "We can do that later,"

He lowered his hand and snaked his fingers between yours, "You know I love it when you whisper like that?"

"No, but I will make not to do that more often," and the two of you walked into the poolhouse. Once you got inside, you felt the instant warm the of the room, instantly wanting to take off your clothes. Emma was sitting at the edge of the pool in a yellow bathing suit and Katie was already swimming around in her white bikini.

"I see you two couldn't wait to get in," Oliver said,

"Actually, we couldn't" Katie replied, "Where are James and Rupert?"

"They'll be over in awhile," Oliver said as he began taking off his clothes. You did the same and Teresa and Dan intil you were down to your bathing suits. You put your clothes to the side and jumped into the warm pool. Soon you were joined by Rupert and James and everyone was in the pool, splashing and swimming around.

"Hey, Deana," James said to you at one point during the fun, "You know we still haven't heard you sing yet,"

You pulled yourself up to the side of the pool, "Yeah, what's it to you?"

"Don't you think you should let us all hear you?" he asked, "Since you're the big broadway-gonna-be"(funny how he said that)

"I don't know-"

"Yeah, De," Teresa spoke up, "I'll even sing with you. Let's do 'For Good'"

"Okay," you agreed. You gave Teresa enough time to swim to you from the other side of the pool and to sit up on the edge with you, "Which part do you want to sing?"

"I'll sing the alto part," she said,

"Okay, you start,"

Teresa cleared her throat, "

I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you:

Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good

"It well may be," you sang,
"That we will never meet again
In this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend:

Like a ship blown from its mooring
By a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a skybird
In a distant wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good"

At that last note, everyone began clapping and whistling for you and Teresa. You both got up and took bows together for you audience.

"Thank You! Thank You!" you called out, "You are too kind,"

"No autographs, please"

Oliver spoke first, "You guys sound great, especially together,"

"Thanks," you and Tree said together,

"You both will definetly make it to broadway," Emma said, "They would have to be crazy to turn you down,"

"Awwe, thanks," You began chivering from being out of the pool so long, so you slid over and dunked yourself into the warm water. You all swam around and returned to your normal pool activities. Around midnight, you grew extremely tired. You tried waking yourself up with splashing water in your face, but every two minutes you would give out a big, loud yawn that would echoe the pool.

"Uh oh," Teresa said after awhile, "Somebody's tired,"

You nodded in agreement as you gave out another yawn. "Yes I am. I think I should get home,"

"So soon?"

You climbed up the ladder of the pool, "Soon? Emma, it's after midnight,"

She chuckled, "So?"

You laughed at her as you dried off.

"I'll take you home," Dan said, following you out of the pool,

"You don't have-"

"That's alright," he cut you off, "Oliver was driving my car," He turned to Oliver,

"Go ahead, mate," Oliver answered before Dan could ask, "Tree and I will have James take us home,"

Dan smiled thankfully. By the time Dan dried off, you were already finished getting dressed. You waited patiently for Dan to finish getting on his clothes. Once he was dressed, you said your good-byes and went into the freezing night. Dan instantly turned on the heat as soon as he got the car started and drove off once you were buckled in. On the way home, you and Dan talked about random thing that you managed to think of. Eventually you went to more sofisticated discussions, like family and childhood. When you got to your apartment, you invited Dan in for coffee.

"Thanks for the offer," he said, "but I actually should go,"

"Do you have to?" you whined

"Hey, I thought you were the one who was so tired she had to get home," Dan stated

"That just shows you how good of an actress I am," you said jokingly,

"Still, I have to go," he said sadly, "Sorry,"

"That's okay," you said with a half smile, "At least we'll be spending three days together next week,"

"I can't wait for that," he grinned

"Well then I guess I'll see you in three days, and until then," You leaned across and planted a long, soft kiss on his lips.

"Did I ever tell you that you are a great kisser?" Dan asked after shaking off his amazement,

"No, but that's nice to hear," you leaned in a little closer, "And there's more where that came from," You were now centimeters from his face, with him looking prepared to be kissed again, "which you might get on Tuesday," you snapped your head away, "if you're a good boy,"

"I'll be sure to behave then," Dan said, looking sort of embarrased. You felt sort of bad about making him feel so uncomfortable, so you turned his head once more and gave him a quick peck on the lips,

"Did that make you feel better?"

He nodded with a big smile.

"Good," you opened the car door, "I'll see you on Tuesday, then,"

"Bye, Deana,"

"Bye, Dan," and you stood out in the November cold and watched as Dan drove off into the night.