This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-32

"Teresa!" you shouted, "Where did you put my iPod?"

"In the dresser," she called back, "Far left top drawer,"

You walked over to where she instucted and opened the drawer, and sure enough, there it was. You grabbed it out and closed the drawer, wrapping the earphones around the iPod, and threw it in your bag. Teresa came into your bedroom with a few clean tank tops and put them in your bag.

"I can't believe you're going to be gone for three whole days," she stated for the tenth time that day. It was Tuesday morning, quarter to noon, actually, and she was helping you get all packed for your three day trip with Dan. You could tell she was going to miss you like crazy,

"I know," you said, "but it's only three days. It'll go by like that,"

"But things around here are going to be so boring," she whined,

"I'm sure Oliver will give you some excitement while I'm gone," you smiled, "Just like he did that night of the pool party,"

"Shut up," she shoved your arm playfully. She never came home that night. Instead she left a message on your cell saying she was going to stay the night at Oliver's, and when she did come home the following morning, she showed every sign of just having slept with someone.

--------------

"Tree," you shouted in horror, for you thought from the third story balcony that she had been beaten (You didn't have your glasses on) "What happened?"

"I'll tell you when I get up there," she called and ran inside. You scrambled your way into the apartment and threw open the door just in time for Teresa to come in. You sighed with releif: There was no blood, bruise, or scar of any kind and she was walking just fine. Her hair was messed up, badly, and her clothes were torn in different spots.

"Where were you all night, young lady?" you said in a motherly tone with your fists on your hips,

"I was with Oliver, having hot, passionate sex," she said, plopping down on the couch,

You closed the door with a giggle, "That must have been fun. So really, what were you-" you stopped mid sentence. You looked back and took a closer look at her clothes. All over her shirt, especially by the tears, were light hand prints, they looked like they were from slightly dirty hands, "Oh my god!" you screamed, "You really did do it!"

Teresa leaped up and covered your mouth, "Let the whole building know, will you?" she hissed. She leaned her head up to the ceiling, "Yeah!" she shouted loudly, "I did it! I won the Carribian Cruise!"

"So..." you squealed with a smile, sitting her down on the couch, "How was it?"

"Pu-lease, Deana," Teresa flipped her hand, "I do not kiss and tell,"

"Hon, I think you did a lot more than kissing," you laughed, instantly in which Teresa joined you in.

She sighed, "I'm telling you, De. Losing your virginity is not what everyone said it was. It's even better,"

"I'll take your word for it," you smiled

"It was increadible," she gazed at the ceiling, "He was amazing. It was just so-"

"No details, please?" you asked politely, "I'll save the details for when I actually go through it,"

"You mean with Dan?"

"Teresa," you gasped, "What made you say that?"

"I don't know," she said innocently, "You just seemed extra anxious to get Dan to come on the trip with you,"

You chuckled, "Well, I don't plan on sleeping with him then, or any time soon,"

"That's what I thought with me and Oliver," Teresa reminded you,

"But you and Oliver have been going out longer than Dan and I have," you pointed out, "Dan and I haven't any time to even think about sex,"

"Sure you have," she sat up straight, "You guys go out nearly every day together,"

"Not my point," you glared, "I just think we should wait a little longer,"

"You mean when you guys are in love?"

"If we are ever in love," you corrected her,

"Trust me, it's more of a 'WHEN' than an 'IF'" Teresa said,

"You're not telling me we're in love, are you?"

"No," she answered, "but if you're willing to accept it, it'll turn into it. I'm positive,"

As if your prayers were neing answered, the doorbell rang. "I'll get it," you leaped to the door. Teresa giggled to hersolf and got up to follow you. You opened the door to find your upstairs neighbor, Mr. Harris, who was an elderly man. He was wearing a Hawiian shirt and a grass hat with bermuda shorts and held two suitcases, one under each arm.

"I hear you girls are going on a cruise," he said with a child like grin.

You turned to Teresa and you both laughed.
---------------------

Sometime later you heard the doorbell rang as you and Teresa were sitting on your suitcase, getting it to close, "I'll get it," you said jumping off of the suitcase. You left Teresa in your room hopping on the suitcase while you answered the door, though you already could sense who it was.

"Hey Dan," you smiled as you opened the door, and sure enough there he was,

"Hey," he smiled, wrapping his arms around your waist, "How did you know that it was me?"

You slid your hands around his neck, "Lucky guess," You lifted your head up and kissed him with all the soft passion you could put into it.

"Hey, guys," Tree called from your bedroom, "I know you're kind of busy making out in there, but I still need help closing this suitcase before I fall off,"

You giggled, "This will be just a moment," and you ran back to your room.

"Jesus, Deana," Tree complained as you hopped onto the case, "What on earth do you have in here?"

"My books," you said

"Do you honestly need this ma-"

"Teresa," you brought her gaze to you, "My books,"

Her eyes widened, "Oh, those books,"

You nodded. You both gave one last shove and finally locked up the suitcase. You carried out to the living room, where you saw Dan sitting on the couch waiting patiently for you.

"Sorry it took so long," you said with your suitcase dragging behind you, "Are we ready?"

Dan stood up, "Yeah, let's go,"

You turned around and gave Teresa a big hug, "I'm gonna miss you so much, Tree,"

"We'll have to bare three days without each other," Teresa said dramatically, pretending to hold back tears, "We have to be strong,"

You walked backwards to the door, reaching one arm out to her, "I'll miss you, sis!" you cried in the same way Teresa used,

"I'll miss you too!"

You picked up your bag and smiled, "Bye' Tree,"

She waved, "Don't you guys do anythin I wouldn't do,"

"Which is what?" you teased

"Very funny," she smirked, "Have fun you two,"

"Bye," you and Dan said together