This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-34

The next morning Dan called the nearby auto shop and explained to him the problems with the car. A tow truck had arrived twenty minutes later and the driver took a peek to identify the problem. He said he would have to take the car back to the auto shop and would have it fixed by morning. With no car to get home, you and Dan stayed at the hotel for another day, watching movies, walking around the halls, and talking. The following morning the tow truck came back with Dan's car, and by then you and Dan had your bags ready to go. Dan payed the man and you two were off. It was about four hours whenyou finally reached home, and you were glas that tonight you could sleep in your own, comfortable bed, even if Dan would be there with you. You thanked him for coming and kissed him good-bye before rasing up the stairs to greet Teresa.

"Tree!" you screamed as you knocked the door open, "I'm home, bitch!"

Silence

"Teresa?" you called. Still no answer

'Must be at Olivers house,' you thought, You picked up your bag again and walked straight for your room to put your stuff away, but as soon as you got to the door, you heard a noise coming from Teresa's room. You slowly put down your bag and crept up to the door. From what you were hearing, it sounded like someone was crying.

"Teresa?" you called out quietly as you pushe open the door. You looked over to the side of the bed and saw Teresa on the floor, crying.

"Teresa!" you ran to were she was curled up and sat across from her, "Tree, what's wrong?"

"I didn't mean to do it, De," she cried, "It was an accident. I swear. It was an accident,"

"Tree calm down," you held her comfortly, "What happened,"

"It's not how it seems," she blubbered, "I was just really drunk, and I didn't know,"

"Tree," you pulled back, "Just tell me what happened,"

"Okay, just promise you won't yell at me. Please," you nodded. Teresa took a deep breath, "I slept with James,"

Your eyes widened, "Oh my god,"

"Let me explain," she said, "The night before, a bunch of us decided to go to a bar that had just opened. Things were fine at first, but then I had too many beers, and was really drunk. So James had offered to take me home, but I thought he was Oliver. So, we came to the apartment, and I invited him in. We started kissing and before we knew it, we were in my room... And the next morning when I was cuddling up to him, he turns to me and we both realize what had happened,"

"I can't believe James would do this," you said angrly

"It wasn't his fault either," she wiped her face, "Emma told me later that someone had spiked his drink and when she tried to warn him, we had already left,"

"And where was Oliver?"

"Throwing up in the toilet,"

"So what did you do?"

"James and I went to Oliver and explained what happened," she began to sob, "And now he won't talk to either one of us,"

You wrapped your arms around her, "It's alright, Teresa,"

She shook her head against your shoulder, "No it's not,"

"Shhh," you hushed sofftly, "Yes it will. Just give him some time to cool down."

"Deana, I really screwed up," she cried, "I'm a two-timing homewrecker who doesn't deserve a guy like Oliver,"

"That's not true,"

"Yes it is!" she shouted through her tears, "What kind of girl tells her boyfriend she loves him only to go and bed with his twin brother?"

"It wasn't like that," you assured, "It was an accident,"

"I know it was," more tears sprang from her eyes, "but it doesn't make Oliver feel any better, nor me,"

"Maybe if you wait a day or two to talk to hhim again, he'll listen,"

She shook her head sadly, "It's too late, Deana. It's too late,"

"Teresa, don't say that,"

"But it's true!," she leaned off, "Look, I appreciate the comfort, but I really feel like being alone now,"

You kissed her head, "Alright. Just get on the bed and sleep on it for awhile,"

She nodded. You got up and helped Teresa to her feet and led her downto the bed. You gave her one last hug and you left her alone in her bedroom.