This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-36

"Deana! Oliver!" you turned and found Katie calling with the rest of the gang around her. Katie and Emma made their way straight and gave you a comforting hug.

"What happened?" Rupert asked,

"I don't know," you sobbed, "I just left to go talk to Oliver, and came home with and I found her in the closet with her wrists cut. I knew I shouldn't have left the apartment. This is all my fault."

"No, it's my fault," Oliver shook his head sadly from the bench he was sitting on, "I was way too harsh on her,"

"Stop it you two," Emma snapped, "Neither of you knew this was going to happen. It's neither of your faults."

"Did the doctors say anything?" Tom asked

More tears fell down your face as you shook your head. You leaned over and burried your face in your hands, and soon felt someone press you against their chest, which turned out to Dan. You continued crying as he rubbed your back.

"Deana," Katie said reassuringly, "She's going to be alright. You'll see,"

While you were sobbing, James made his way over to Oliver, "Hey, mate," he said awkwardly. Oliver didn't answer, "Oliver, are you still not talking to me?"

He looked up at his brother, who up until now hadtrusted him with his life, "Somewhat,"

James sighed, "Listen, I told you I was sorry. I was spiked-"

"That's still no excuse," Oliver said coldly

"I know," James continued, "It isn't. I really am sorry."

"James, how could you even do something like that to me?" Oliver said sadly, "You're my twin brother, for Pete's sake,"

"That was the problem," James looked down, "I wasn't thinking,"

"You don't have to tell me twice."

"Oliver, I'll do whatever it takes to get your trust back," James begged, "Anything you want, just please forgive me."

Oliver looked up at him, "James, you do realize that it will take a lot of work for me to trust you again,"

"I know that," James nodded, "and I will accept it, if you could please forgive me, and Teresa,"

Oliver sighed as he stood up and faced James, "It's going to be real hard, James," then he smiled, "but how can I stay mad at my own brother?"

They both laughed and embraced.

...

"Excuse me," a doctor came up to you sometime later, "Are you all here for Teresa D'Aversa?"

"Yes," Emma answered, "How is she?"

"Not as good as she could be," the doctor explained, "She lost quite a bit of blood and her tempereature has dropped at an extreme rate. We're doing the best we can,"

"But she'll be alright, right?" you said softly

"We're not sure,"

"What do you mean you're not sure?"

"She's lost a lot of blood, and we're not sure what-"

"O negative," you answered quickly, "Now are you going to give her the blood or not?"

"That's makes things even worse," he said sadly, "We havent had many doners of blood type O negative,"

"So what are you saying? You're just going to let her die?"

"We will try to keep her alive as long as we can," he said calmingly, "but unless we can get a doner with O negative blood soon, she doesn't have much time,"

"You're looking right at a doner," you stated, "I have O negative,"

"That's great. If we can sign you up for an appointment tomorrow morning-"

"I don't want an appointment for tomorrow," you cut him off, "I want one now,"

"I'm sorry miss..."

"Deana," you said sternly, "and I said I would like to make an appointment for right now,"

"Miss, you are going to have to wait until tomorrow morning," The doctor ordered

"Deana," Dan took your arm gently, "Let's just wait until tomorrow,"

You slowly turned your head to him, for the first time glaring an angry look, "Back off," You gritted though your teeth. You turned your head back to the doctor, not noticing the hurt look Dan held on his face, "Listen, Doc. Do you really expect me to just go home and be wait until tomorrow to get the blood after you tell me that you won't be able to be kept her alive for much longer? My best friend is dying as we speak and you want me to wait until tomorrow!!!" you shouted, "Now I am not leaving until you get enough blood to replace hers. And if you don't, I'll stay here until you do. And you do not want to have to put up with me for a full night!!!"

There was a pause. The Doctor looked down at his clipboard, then back at you, "Can we have you ready in five minutes?"

You nodded.

"Alright," he gestured you to follow, "We'll have you set up in just a couple of moments.

You turned back to the gang, "I'll see you guys later." and you walked off with the doctor