This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-38

You lifted your head from his shoulder and smiled, with your hands still around his neck, "What would I do without you?"

He smiled and leaned his head against yours, "I'm not sure what I would do without you,"

You tilted your head and kissed him softly, "You're so helpful,"

You stayed at Dans house for the rest of the afternoon. He invited you to stay at his house until Teresa woke up, which you had to admitt it was going to feel weird waking up each morning without her. At least this way you could have some kind of company with you. You agreed and Dan drove you to your apartment to get your things. You quickly packed and went back down to meet Dan. Dan suggested you went back to his place and unpack, but by this time it was four-thirty. You were anxious to go see Teresa, so you told him to drop you off at the hospital.

"Do you want me to come with you?" he asked,

You shook your head, "I would like to talk to her alone, if you don't mind,"

"That's fine," Dan said, "You just let me know when you want to be picked up,"

"How about in an hour and a half?"

"Alright with me," Dan said,

"Okay," you leaned across and kissed his lips, "Thank you so much,"

"Tell her I said hi," he called before you shut the door. You watched as he drove off. You then turned around and went inside to the front desk and asked for directions to her room. Once given, she gave you a guest sticker and you took off. You finaly found her slumbering body in the hospital room. Seeing her hooked up to so many wires and monitors just ripped your heart out.

"Hey, Tree," you greeted, unkowing of whether she could hear you or not. You sat down in the chair, "I hope you're feeling better in there, wherever you are." You reached into your pocket, "I brought this for you," you held up a snickers, her favotite kind of candy, "I know you can't eat candy right now, but I thought that maybe when you woke up, this could be you little secret stash," You got up and stuck the candy bar under her matress, "It'll be right here, under your matress when you wake up,"

'Or if,' a sudden thought rang through your head as you sat back down

"So," you said, trying to think of some good conversation, "The doctors say you might be out if it for a little while, so until you do, I'm going to be staying with Dan. No, we're not going to do it or anything, I just need a little company right now. It's going to be weird waking up each morning without you, you know." you half giggld "I guess you do know, since you had to with the...whole...kidnapping thing...that happened to me"

You sighed, "Well, everyone's concerned about you. Especially Oliver." You scooted your chair closer to her, "You know, it kind of sucked that you wound up like this after I got to talk to Oliver. You see, when I told you yesterday that I was going to work, I really went over to Oliver's house and had a talk with him. He really was missing you, and wanted to forgive you. In fact, I was bringing him home to talk to you when..."

You stopped. The memories of her almost dead body flooded your mind and you felt your eyes glazing with water, "Teresa, why did you do it? I-I know you were going through a rough time, but...did you really think that there was nothing else to live for? What about your family? Your friends?" you stopped for a moment, "What about me?"

Of course, you knew it was pointless to ask her because you knew you wouldn't get a reply back. Tears poured from your eyes as you were forced to look at your helpless friend. "I just can't stand to see you through all this. Finding you in the closet with your wrists cut up was the scariest thing I ever had to see," you sniffled, "And now seeing you here, not being able to talk to me by now, it's like I've lost you." You held her hand, "Please, Teresa, don't give up. I need you here. We all need you here, just come back." You opened your mouth to say something else, but you found nothing to say. You got up and st on her bed, leaning over and hugging her the best you could, "I miss you, Tree," you whispered, "Please come back,"