This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-39

After what seemed like forever, your cellphone rang, and it was Dan saying he was here and to meet him outside. You had spent over an hour crying on Teresa's lifeless body. Your tears had dried, but you still looked like you had spent the entire visit crying. You went into the washroom and washed your face off until you looked decent. You looked over at your friend one more time and kissed her forehead,

"I'll be back," you promised, and left to meet Dan,

...

"Do you need help with that?"

You shook your head, "No, but thanks for offering,"

Dan pointed towards the stairs, "The guest bedroom is up the stairs, second door on the left. I'll be up in a minute,"

You nodded and picked up your bags, dragging them up the stairs to where Dan instructed. You opened the door and took a look around. There was a giant king sized bed in the center of the left wall. Near the window was a wooden wardrobe, and right next to that was an entertainment system that held a stereo and a TV. You walked in and noticed another door, where once you opened it revealed a full bathroom.

"You really know how to treat you guests," you called loudly

"Thanks," he said. You snapped around and saw hat he was already standing at the door.

"Don't do that,"

"Why," he smiled slyly as he walked up to you, "Did I scare you?"

"Yes you did," You playfully punched his chest,

Dan wrapped his arms around your shoulder, "Well I am so sorry,"

"It's alri-"

"No it's not!" he shouted dramatically, "It was the most selfish, ungrateful thing to do to my girlfriend. I'm such a fool! I don't deserve to live!"

"Hey," You grabbed his chin, "Don't talk like that. I prefer you living, thank you very much,"

He smiled, "Thank god for that." and he kissed you, still smiling. He soon pulled back and lowered his head to your neck and started nibbling on it.

"Dan," you giggled, "That tickles,"

He lifted his head, "So? I like to hear you laugh,"

You smiled, "Remember the last time you said that to me?"

He nodded, "That was the day you disappeared,"

"It was also the day we almost kissed for the first time," you whispered,

Dan nodded again, remembering his attempt, "Why did you pull back?"

You let out a deep breath and walked towards the window with your head down, "Because Jim called me a few days before, and threatened to kill you if I tried getting involved with you,"

"You mean the jackass that had you locked up in that warehouse?"

You nodded, "That jackass,"

Dan came up behind you and wrapped his arms around you, "I'm sorry I brought it up,"

"It's alright, Dan," you said softly, "You didn't know,"

After awhile, Dan said, "Are you hungry?"

You turned to face him, "Am I," you stated, "I haven't eaten all day,"

"Then you are definetly eating," he ordered,

"Yes sir," you replied in a low, military tone.

Dan smiled, "So what do you have a taste for?"

"Anything that doesn't have any meat in it," you answered,

"I'll see what I can I come up with," he said, "Until then, how about you unpack,"

You nodded, "Alright,"

Dan leaned up to you and kissed you quickly, "I'll call you when dinners ready,"

You watched as Dan walked out of the bedroom and down the stairs. You smiled, thinking how wonderful he was and how lucky you were to have him, and you started unpacking. You soon could smell the food that was being cooked, you began to wonder what he was cooking. You finished putting your stuff away and dinner wasn't ready yet, so you layed on your bed and watched a little TV. Finally Dan called you down saying dinner was ready. You turned off the TV and went over to see what Dan had cooked. On the table wwere two plates of spagetti with sauce, one with another plate of sausage and another with a salad next to it.

"How did you know I loved spagetti?" you asked in amazement

"You told me, remember?"

"Oh yeah," you said with a goofy grin. Dan walked around the table behind you and pulled up your chair,

"Thank you, kind gentleman," you turned your head with a grin. You watched as he walked around and took his own seat.

"I hope you don't mind if I have some sausage," he said as he sat down.

"No," you replied, "Just as long as I don't have to eat it,"

The two of you sat there eating your dinner, which was actually very good, and talking about whatever came to mind. You spent the evening laughing and being goofy. At around quarter to seven you finished and help Dan do the dishes, despit Dan's protests. You both then went upstairs to your own rooms, you took a shower and got dressed in a pair of pj bottoms and a tank top. Not yet feeling tired, you went to your bag and took out your copy of The Crow.Dan knocked on the door just as you put the DVD in.

"Come in," you called.

The door creacked open as Dan strolled inside with a hand over his eyes, "Are you decent?"

You rolled your eyes, "Yes, Dan. There is no nudity on the premises,"

He laughed as he dropped his hand, "Well I just came in here to say goodnight," he looked at the TV and saw the movie playing, "What are you watching?"

"The Crow," you answered.

"Is that another one of your musical movies?"

You shook your head, "No, its more of a drama, action film,"

"What's it about?" he asked

"It's about this guy who gets brought back from the dead by a crow to avenge the murder of him and his fiance,"

"He gets brought back by a crow?" he repeated,

"Yeah," you said, "Because in this movie, it's said that when you die, a crow comes down to take your soul to the land of the dead, but if that soul can't rest for a good reason the crow brings the soul back to undo the wrong,"

"Sounds like a good movie,"

you smiled, "You want to watch it with me?"

"Are you sure?"

You patted the space next to you, "There's plently of room." you smiled slyly, "Don't worry, I won't bite,"

He smiled an sat sown on the bed with you, raising his arm over and around your shoulder.

"Oh my god," you squealed when it came to a scene that showed Brandon Lee's face, "He looks sooo hot,"

"The dude looks like a mime," Dan argued, "How can that look good to you?"

"It just does," you gazed at the screen again, "Despite the fact it's raining, he's sweating, and there's always blood spalshing around he still manages to keep his make up on." you said in a dreamy voice,

"So do I have to paint my face like that just so you can obsess over me like that?" Dan asked

"NO!" you snapped, "Only certain people can pull off that look," you looked back at the TV, "Like Brandon Lee."

Dan rolled his eyes, "Give me a break,"

"Oh, Dan," you giggled, tilting your head up at him, "You know I'm kidding,"

"Sure you are,"

"Dan," you whined, "I'm sorry. Please forgive me,"

"You're going to have to do more than that to win my forgiveness," Dan turned his head dramatically, crossing his arms in front of him.

"I think I know what to do," you smiled slyly. You took both your hands and placed them on either side of Dan's cheeks, turning his face to you you and kissing him softly at first, but then more passionately as you rolled over, pulling him with you so that he was on top of you. You ran your fingers through his hair and kissed him, making him hungry for more as you pulled away.

"Awe man," he moaned, "That was getting really good,"

You smiled, "You might get more later, if your a good boy,"

"Yes, mother,"

you smiled, "Now get off of me so I can watch the movie," you lightly pushed against his bare chest and he rolled over. You scooted up and layed your head down on his chest. A few seconds later you looked up at him and said, "You do know you are more handsome than Brandon Lee, right,"

He wrapped his arm around your back and pulled you in for a soft kiss, "I do now," he said,

"And even if you weren't," you said turning your head back, "he's dead,"

"Yes," Dan pumped his free fist into the air. You glared at him for a second before he noticed, "I mean, awwe. How tragic,"

"You best be careful," you warned, "or he might come back from the dead and come to kill you,"

"I could take him," Dan said in a manly voice,

You rolled your eyes, "Sure you could. What are you going to do, kill him?"

Dan laughed. You sighed and once more rested your head on his chest. You watched the movie for ashile, but half the time you didn't even pay attention to Brandon Lee kicking ass. You instead thought about Dan, and how wonderful and gentle he was. You looked across and with your closer hand slowly slid it under his and grabbed it softly. He felt this and looked down and smiled, kissing your lips once again. He then looked like he was about to say something, but stopped. your eyes soon grew heavy, and finally you fell asleep.