This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-4

"I really wish you had accepted that offer," Teresa said as she plopped down on the couch.

"I didn't want to intrude on their plans," you defended.

"But she was going to hang out with her 'Friends'" she said putting air quotes around 'Friends' "Those friends could have been Dan Radcliffe or Tom Felton,"

"And I would like it if you didn't try and use them to get to your precious Tom." you interrupted.

"Whatever," Teresa brushed off, "Besides, it's the Phelps twins I really want."

You rolled your eyes, "Either way, let’s make them feel like we're not going to be hanging out with them just to get to the male cast of Harry Potter."

"Don't forget, your man was in Equus too,"

"Let's just drop it, okay?" you moaned, wanting to change the subject,"

"Okay," she said with a smart ass grin, "Now let's talk about why we were running all over town from that thug!"

You sighed, "Do we really have to do this now?"

"Considering my heart is still in shock from all the running you made me do, YES!!" she shouted.

"Alright, alright," you said sitting down. You let out a deep breath and began, "About seven months ago, there were a number of reported teen disappearances nearby. In all the explanations, there was somehow a tall, muscular blonde man who wore leather and had a special scar running across his face. They said his name was Jim Hensworth. Jim would stalk down the girls and then they would just disappear."

You paused, "About a two months later, I was walking through town when I recognized one of the girls from the missing persons profile with Jim. I followed them and found out that the rest of the girls were being taken to work at underground brothels run by him. I knew that if I went straight to the police they would be asking for all this proof and all, and by then he would have taken off. So for awhile, I sort of...went in as...an undercover whore." Teresa gasped, "Don't worry, I never slept with anyone. I just knocked them out and they were so drunk they believed anything I told them," you smiled. Teresa gave a sigh of relief.

"Anyway, once I had enough proof, I went to the police and we made a plan to invade that night, but one of Jims henchmen followed me and told him. He confronted me about it just before the police were scheduled to arrive." you shuttered, "Let's just say I almost lost my life that night."

"Oh, honey," Teresa said comfortingly.

"And to make things worse, he escaped from prison and now is after me." you looked down, "I don't know what to do."

"Call the cops, damn it." she nearly shouted, "We have to catch this guy before he does something really serious."

"I can't." You protested, "He said if I get the cops involved again he'll hurt anyone I have ever made contact with." You move closer to Teresa, "And for all we know he may be watching us right now."

"Deana, you're really scaring me," she whispered,

"That's why I didn't want to tell you," you said, "Because now you're in even more danger than ever."

"Well what are we going to do?"

"Nothing, for now," you answered,

"We can't just sit here and do nothing," Teresa stated.

"It's all we can do," you shrugged "but I'll think of something, I promise. Until then, we should get some sleep,"

"After you told me all this stalker crap, yeah right." Teresa said getting up off the couch, "Well sweet dreams."

"Good night, Tree"