This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-40

It had been four days since Teresa went under the coma. You were still staying with Dan, and loving every moment with him, but you really wanted to be able to return home because it would then mean that Tree was alright. Giving your blood was the most you could do, so the only thing left was to just talk to her and hope that by the next visit she would be awake. You missed her dearly.

Right now you were at Hocking College. Your final class was your dining lessons, which right now you were doing your final song for the day. While you were singing with your accompanimest, you looked out into the hallway and noticed a man in a gray suit. He was just standing out there, and he seemed to be observing you. You grew rather nervous, but continued with your song. Finally, you finished and your instructor dismissed you. You grabbed your bag and tried to make a dash out the door, but was causght by the man in the suit.

"Excuse me," he said, "Are you Deana Vazquez?"

You turne nervously, "Yeah, but I really need to go,"

"No, wait," he stopped you, "Let me introduce myself." He held out his hand, "I'm Stanley Jefferson,"

"Stanley Jefferson?" you repeated, "As in the director who is putting 'Rent' back on broadway?"

"The same one," he smiled

You shook his hand, "Hi, nice to meet you. What are you doing here?"

"Well word around town was that there was some really good talent over here, so I decided to check it out. I went to a few of the teachers here and most of them seemed to know you,"

"Really?"

"Yeah, in fact when I asked them if they recomended anyone for the cast, you were the first person they said to go to. So finally I said to myself 'I have got to find this girl,' and so here you are,"

You smiled, "You really think I have a shot for 'Rent'?"

"Absolutely. I just heard you singing and I've seen your acting. Both of them are amazing. So are you interested?"

"Hell yeah!"

"That's the spirit," Stanley grinned. He reached into his pocket and took out a business card, handing it to you, "Come by this address tomorrow at five for the audition."

"I'll see you there," you grinned, and with that you turned and ran out the door. You couldn't wait to tell Tree and Dan.

...

"Dan!" you shouted through the house. You had finally goten home and now you were way too excited.

"What is it?" he ran frantically down the stairs,

"You'll never guess what happened to me," you said

"Tell me,"

"Stanley Jefferson, the guy who is putting 'Rent' back on broadway, came by the school today and wants me to audition for the show!"

"You're kidding!" Dan said excitedly

"Do I look like I'm kidding?" you screamed

"Deana, that is so great!" he grabbed you by the waist and squeezed you tightly, "I'm so happy for you!"

"I am too," you squealed, "Auditions are tomorrow, and I can hardly wait,"

"Congratulations," he smiled, "but it really is no surprise he asked you to audition,"

"And why is that?" you asked

"Because you're such a talented woman," he smiled, pressing his forehead against yours.

You smiled and kissed his lips, "Thanks, Dan. Gosh, I can't wait to tell Teresa." you broke away from Dan and grabbed your coat, "In fact, I think I'll go tell her now,"

"Do you want me to go with you?" Dan offered

"No," you shook your head, "I won't be gone for long,"

"Alright, but hurry up," he told you, "I have dinner plans for later,"

You walked back to him and kissed him softly, "Don't worry, I won't,"

"Tell her I said hi," Dan called after you as you ran out the door.

...

You walked in quietly into Teresa's rppm. She hadn't moved from her original resting position you left her in yesterday. She was already looking better since the blood transfusion.

"Hey, Tree," you smiled, though you though it was dumb to use expressions with her because she couldn't see. "I hope you're feeling better in there. You certainly look better,"

you reached into your bag and pulled out another snickers bar, sliding it underneath her mattress along with the others, "Another little treat for when you wake up," you smiled, pulling up a seat, "So you'll never guess what happened today at school. Stanley Jefferson, the guy who is putting 'Rent' back on broadway, came up to me today at school and wants me to audition for the show." you could see her jumping around in excitement if she was awake, "I'm so excited. I wish you could have been there, though," you sighed, "Tree, if you can here me in there, please wake up soon. Everybody misses you, and as much fun as it's been staying at Dan's place, I really want to be able to wake up in my own apartment and have to drag you out of bed by the feet. Thosee were good times," you took her hand and smiled, "Oliver really misses you though. I know he's here everyday for longer than I've been here." you leaned in closer to her, "In fact," you whispered, as if Oliver was outside the room, "I don't think he's left the hospital ever since you got here."

You got up, "Sorry I have to leave so soon, but Dan says he has dinner plans tonight, and I promised him I wouldn't be out long," You pushed back her bangs and kissed her head, "I'll see you tomorrow," and left the empty room.

On your way out, a nurse was passing you by. You didn't recognize her, but she acknowledged you. "Excuse me miss," she said to you, "Are you here to see Teresa D'Aversa?"

"Yes, I just saw her," you answered, "And you are?"

"Nancy Jones," she smiled extending her arm out, "I'm her nurse. I recognized you from when she was first brought here, diring the blood transfussion,"

"Now I remember," you exclaimed. You took her hand and shook it, "I'm Deana, Teresa's friend and roommate,"

"You wouldn't happen to be here with Oliver, would you?"

You shook your head slowly, "No, in fact, I haven't seen him here very often."

"Really," she stated curiously, "That's odd,"

"Why?"

"Because he hasn't left the hospital since Teresa was put under the coma," she replied, "All day and night, Oliver's been sitting at her bedside. Probably waiting for her to wake up,"

"He really does do that?" you said astonished. When you had said it to Teresa before youwere joking around.

"Yeah, in fact," she continued, "I think I saw him heading back to her room a minute ago,"

"I think I'll just go back and say hi," you said, "I haven't talked to him in awhile,"

"It was nice meeting you again," Nancy smiled before turning around,

"You too," you called as you made your way back to Teresa's room, which wasn't very far from where you were. You quickly made your way past the the doctors and visitors that came by until you finally reached her number. KThis time when you came back, Oliver was sitting right next to her, clutching her hand. The door was slightly opened, so you stood by and listened.

"Teresa," he said softly, but loud enough so that you could hear, "I can't tell you enough how sorry I am. I know that everyone has told me this isn't my fault, but I can't help but think that it was."

Oliver took a deep breath, "It's just, it really hurt when you and James came up to me and said that you had slept with eachother. It hurt because..." He looked like he was holding something in his pocket, as though he was about to take it out, "I love you, Teresa. I really do love you, and I hope that you honestly feel the same way. You have given my life a complete turn for the better, and I don't know what I would do if...if..." He shivered, "If you were to leave me. We all miss you, Tree, so just please wake up,"

At this point, you could tell that Oliver was crying. You never saw him cry this much. Actually, you never saw him cry period. But you could tell, at that moment, Oliver truely did love her, and before you knew it, you figured out what was in his pocket. You then saw him lift from his seat and lean over Teresa's lifeless body and kissed her lips with all the love he could put into it. You clutched onto your coat as you watched him take his seat again.

"It'll be alright, Oliver," you whispered very softly, "Everything will be fine," and you left him to be alone once again.