This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-43

You watched as she headed for her own car and then turned and went to yours. You got in and slammed the door shut and then started up the car to get home. Before yu drove out, you dug through your cd case until you found your Rent cd, popping it into the player and turning up the volume. You pulled out and headed home.You were about halfway to Dan's house when your phone rang. Being the messy person you were, you had a hard time trying to find it. First looking through your bag, then around the seat, and finally you found it in the glove compartment (God knows how it got there) You turned down the volume and answered.

"Hello," you answered the phone just before it went to voicemail,

"Deana, it's Oliver," he said frantically

"Oliver, what's wrong?"

"You need to get over to the hospital right away, De," he said

"What's wrong?" you asked, "Is everything alright?"

"Just get over here as soon as possible,"

"Alright, I'm on my way," you said and then hung up. You made a U turn at the next light and headed straight for the hospital.

...

"Excuse me, nurse," you ran up to the front desk, "Can you tell me which room Teresa D'Aversa is in?"

The nurse looked down at her papers, "Miss D'Aversa is in Rom 209 on the third floor,"

"Thank you," you said and took off. You were grateful that she was still in the same room because now it would be easier to get to. You felt butterflies scrambling around in your stomach. Oliver sounded so weird. What could be wrong? Anyway, scary thoughts ran through your mind as you got closer to her room. Was she really ill? was she not breathing? Was she... You couldn't get the word to come through your thoughts. You finally reached the front door to her room. You were about ready to barge in, but then stopped. You heard talking from inside, and even a little laughing. You could recognize Oliver, Dan, Katie, Emma, and Tom's voices, but there was also another. It took you a few moments to realize that that voice belonged to someone you hadn't heard from in what seemed like forever.

"Teresa?" you barged in. You looked at the others and then to the bed, where sitting up straight and wide awake, was your best friend.

"Deana!" she exclaimed with her arms extended outward.

"Oh my god! Teresa!" you ran into her arms and hugged her in a tight embrace, "You finally woke up,"

"I know," she said,

You pulled back, "What the hell were you doing scaring us like that? Do you know how long you were asleep?"

"I'm sowry," she pouted, "I was just so comfortable," She held up her hands and made a heart, "Please forgive me?"

You rolled your eyes with a small giggle, "She's back," You held out one hand and formed half a heart, which Teresa quickly finished, "I forgive you,"

"Yaay!" she squealed, clapping her hands together, "I'm still loved!"

Oliver put a hand on her leg, "You sure are,"

Tree smiled at Oliver, then turned back to face you, "So I hear someone got to audition for Rent yesterday," she nudged at you, "Did you find out what part you got?"

"Yes," you stretched out the word,

"Sooo?" Teresa waited for an answer, "What part did you get?"

"Oh, nothing big, just Mimi Marquez,"

"MIMI MARQUEZ!" Teresa shouted, "Deana, that's fantastic!"

"I'm guessing that's a good role," Tom assumed,

"Hell yeah," Teresa duh-ed at him, "She gets to play an exotic dancer who has AIDS and does heroine. How much better can you get from that?"

"Exotic dancer?" Dan repeated with a perverted grin,

"Don't even start to think about that, Daniel Jacob Radcliffe," You snapped, trying to hold back an embarrassing grin

"Oooo," Teresa backed in surprise, looking over at Dan, "Since when did she start calling you by your full name?"

"I'm just as surprised that she knew my full name," he said shocked,

Teresa shook her head, "Dan, even I knew your full name," she smiled, "So when is the show?"

"May 21st," you answered, "I start rehearsal on Monday,"

"I can't wait to see the show,"

A knock came from the door and a doctor came in, "I'm sorry everyone, but visiting hours are over."

"How is Teresa doing?" you asked him,

"Really good," he said, "We just would like to keep her over night so that we can run some tests and make sure there's nothing else wrong, but she should be able to go home by tomorrow afternoon,"

"What time should I pick her up?" you asked

The doctor thought for a moment, "I would say about one-thirty,"

"Alright, Then we should go," you said. Everyone got up from their seats and took turns telling Teresa good'bye and wishing her well. Oliver was extra careful not to hurt her and you smiled to yourself. You finally got your turn and gave her a tight hug.

"Sleep tight, Tree," you said,

"I will," you pulled back from her and gave her one last grin before you turned to leave. You had reached the door when Teresa called you agian. You went to face her and saw her holding up a handfull of candy bar wrappers in a fan, "Thanks for the emergency food," she smiled, "The food here really sucks,"

You gave out a small laugh as you closed the door.